Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby ESR10 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:17 am

swipe right wrote:Can Ceballos and Ozil work together?

It will be similar to Cazorla and Özil, I guess. It should work
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:21 am

I am picking ozil will be gone soonish, but hey if they play together and it works all good, but I really think any player such as ozil who does not pull his weight on the defensive side dont rate in Emery eyes and I am more than fine with that!
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:23 am

Our best midfield would be:

Kante
Ozil - Ceballos

Since we don't have Kante...

We'd have to go for:

Ceballos - Torreira
Ozil

In Ceballos' glorious debut yesterday, people have ignored Guendouzi and Willock's inability to hold the midfield yesterday.

We can't afford that against a decent side.

That said, a midfield trio of Ozil, Ceballos, and Torreira would perhaps be the most attacking midfield setup for Unai in his career. Will he go for it? Let's see.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:26 am

Even though Ceballos looked really good yesterday, we still struggled playing forward balls. Most of our attacks started from wide area. I still think we need a midfield three where two of the midfielders are excellent at playing the ball forward. I would be interested in seeing Ozil, Ceballos and Torreira work together. At least for home games.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:42 am

Losmeister wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Hopefully the performance today by Ceballos will go a long way to shutting the traps of those that whined all summer that we loaned him.

i dont recall a single poster complaining about Dani... :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Bare people complained about it being a waste of time stop gap short term signing.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:34 am

theHotHead wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Hopefully the performance today by Ceballos will go a long way to shutting the traps of those that whined all summer that we loaned him.

i dont recall a single poster complaining about Dani... :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Bare people complained about it being a waste of time stop gap short term signing.

Bare people complained about it being a loan with no option to buy, thus not actually resolving anything longterm.

The revisionism from you lot is different level.

Shouldn't be too hard for you and jayram to find some 'I don't want cabellos' posts to actually prove your points...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:31 am

Let's wait until the next two games , before passing sweeping judgement. Yes, Ceballos played very well against Burnley, a mid/low table team. But he needs to show consistency and commitment against greater opposition, which really matters for us, since we are challenging for the top,
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerz » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:00 pm

I missed the game due to work commitments but just watched the whole match replay.
Wow. Everything some of of have been screaming for in a good Attacking Midfielder.
“High Energy.
Tracking back
Tackling when needed.
Driving and dominating play.
Creativity.
Passion etc.”

Now tell me how anyone can start criticising a player like this?

He did everything we have been asking for from our highest paid attacking midfielder.

This is my kind of Attacking Midfielder. All dominant. (Bergkamp, Pires, Cesc, Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri, Cazorla, Young Wilshere etc).

If Ceballos becomes a regular fixture in our starting 11 and pulls off these kinds of performances in every 7 out of 10 games then my whinging about the No10 position will stop.

Saf we only have him for this season.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:20 pm

It’s all about team cohesion. You can’t have everyone else working their butts off while one person is just floating about waiting for others to deliver him the goods on the plate.

You need the whole chain-links to be of the same material. You try to smuggle in a “pink good on the eye plastic link” then the chain will break due to that weak plastic pretty one.

To me if Ozil can put in just 75% of the effort Ceballos showed yesterday then what a team we would have on our hands. I would grant him some exceptions. Don’t run all over the pitch like Ceballos, just command that final 3rd, dominate it, hustle the opposition back 4. That will do for me.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby themessiah » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:42 pm

A lot of fans have not moved on from Wenger days when Ozil played very close to d Centre Forward. This was successful for a period cos we had Carzola who did a lot in the centre of the park to create space, carry balls over distance, reduce d need for Ozil to drop back.

Ozil has his type of games, now that we have Ceballos, home games against teams that will come and park bus and allow use dominate possession. With Ceballos along with another MF, Ozil can be effective. But big games and away games not so much.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Goonerz wrote:

It’s all about team cohesion. You can’t have everyone else working their butts off while one person is just floating about waiting for others to deliver him the goods on the plate.

You need the whole chain-links to be of the same material. You try to smuggle in a “pink good on the eye plastic link” then the chain will break due to that weak plastic pretty one.

To me if Ozil can put in just 75% of the effort Ceballos showed yesterday then what a team we would have on our hands. I would grant him some exceptions. Don’t run all over the pitch like Ceballos, just command that final 3rd, dominate it, hustle the opposition back 4. That will do for me.

Fair enough Ozil is not a work horse but in all honesty, who can deliever the sort of passes and ball vision he can?

You have to somewhat take the rough with the smooth.

Its no different for when teams play an extra striker, you get a bit more potent attack but sacrifice a bit defensively, as long as we use Ozil in games suitable or make sure he has Guen and Torreia behind him then we should be fine.

On Ceballos and Ozil, yes, I think in a game where we have time and space on the ball they'd be magic but its probably not suitable for every game.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Angelito wrote:Meh.

Told you guys he'd be our best CM and the 2nd best CM signing this decade after Santi.

And, I'd further state that we haven't seen his best yet.
More of a cam to me. Needs to be behind our forwards

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

As Backstreet Boy said, he's a bonafide CM. That's how great CMs who aren't DMs play.

Dejano lad, you've been watching us field some awful CMs, some CMs who can't play as CMs, some CMs who're so lopsided, and some who're plain bad, that you've forgotten how a good CM looks. ;)

He can play as a CAM. But it's not his best position. I wouldn't be surprised if your Don played him as a CAM though. He'd play Xhaka there with Luiz and Chambers behind him if he could. :hiding:

Well you have to select your players by their form and ability. Based on this season so far, gendouzi and ceballos are guaranteed starters. That leaves 1 place left for ozil, xhaka, willock or torreira. In my opinion its clear that torreira should be preffered. You cant select ozil based on wishful thinking or reputation of 2 years ago. A midfield of torrito, gendouzi and ceballos in my opinion is perfectly balanced.

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Dejan wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Told you guys he'd be our best CM and the 2nd best CM signing this decade after Santi.

As Backstreet Boy said, he's a bonafide CM. That's how great CMs who aren't DMs play.

Dejano lad, you've been watching us field some awful CMs, some CMs who can't play as CMs, some CMs who're so lopsided, and some who're plain bad, that you've forgotten how a good CM looks. ;)

He can play as a CAM. But it's not his best position. I wouldn't be surprised if your Don played him as a CAM though. He'd play Xhaka there with Luiz and Chambers behind him if he could. :hiding:

Well you have to select your players by their form and ability. Based on this season so far, gendouzi and ceballos are guaranteed starters. That leaves 1 place left for ozil, xhaka, willock or torreira. In my opinion its clear that torreira should be preffered. You cant select ozil based on wishful thinking or reputation of 2 years ago. A midfield of torrito, gendouzi and ceballos in my opinion is perfectly balanced.

Agreed, but which do we play?

Lacazette
Aubameyang-Ceballos-Pepe
Guendouzi-Torreira

or

Lacazette
Aubameyang----------Pepe
Ceballos--Guendouzi
Torrieira
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:39 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Agreed, but which do we play?

Lacazette
Aubameyang-Ceballos-Pepe
Guendouzi-Torreira

or

Lacazette
Aubameyang----------Pepe
Ceballos--Guendouzi
Torrieira

Both depending on the opposition because we have a manager who doesnt rely on one formation for 95% of games.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Ozil should be the choice, if fit, since in presence of Ceballos behind him, he will be the best candidate to open up defenses with his slide-rule passes.
Teams like Liverpool and Spurs need to be opened up with intelligence, not w/ brute force and hard running.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to World Football