Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:43 am

Power n Glory wrote:Celballos is one of our most important signings. Having someone with his ability in CM changes the whole flow our game. Hopefully Emery keeps Xhaka out of the team. That guy is a burden.

He is more like Cazorla than people realise, looks to be a fantastic signing.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:46 am

swipe right wrote:Can Ceballos and Ozil work together?

I think so, his skill set is exactly what Ozil needs, someone technical enough to beat a man and to feed Ozil who is good at finding space for himself to then create chances for others.

Ozil has missed a Cazorla-type player the most.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:49 am

Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Hopefully the performance today by Ceballos will go a long way to shutting the traps of those that whined all summer that we loaned him.

i dont recall a single poster complaining about Dani... :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Bare people complained about it being a waste of time stop gap short term signing.

Bare people complained about it being a loan with no option to buy, thus not actually resolving anything longterm.

The revisionism from you lot is different level.

Shouldn't be too hard for you and jayram to find some 'I don't want cabellos' posts to actually prove your points...

Mate thats EXACTLY what I am talking about, ffs. Thanks for confirming. Even if we didnt have an option to buy, if Ceballos performs how he did and its just for a year, c'est la vie, he has done exactly what was asked of him - and more. How can anyone therefore complain the loan was a bad idea?? Think about it :BangHead:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:53 am

Angelito wrote:
Callum wrote:
ag6789 wrote:He has, with ease, in the past, and he should do it again. A bad year doesn't mean he's finished. Besides, he wasn't used properly last year.

Ozil hasn't had a genuinely stellar season since 2015/16.

Because 14 assists and 12 goals in 16/17 and 14 assists and 5 goals in 17/18 is a stat for peasants, I'd assume?

Angelito, whatchoo talking about Willis, those assists/goals didn't happen. Ozil has been shit for years, stop making things up.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:53 am

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:Can Ceballos and Ozil work together?

I think so, his skill set is exactly what Ozil needs, someone technical enough to beat a man and to feed Ozil who is good at finding space for himself to then create chances for others.

Ozil has missed a Cazorla-type player the most.

Are you ozils agent
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:58 am

Nope but unlike some people on this forum I have never believed Ozil needs to add a defensive dimension to his game. He is an offensive player who in recent years has had substandard players around him either up front or in the middle with him.

Now with Ceballos and Torreira and Auba, Pepe and Laca ahead of him, I expect to see the best out of Ozil, he finally has the quality around him to get the best out of him. I want to see him do his thing now.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:12 am

theHotHead wrote:Nope but unlike some people on this forum I have never believed Ozil needs to add a defensive dimension to his game. He is an offensive player who in recent years has had substandard players around him either up front or in the middle with him.

Now with Ceballos and Torreira and Auba, Pepe and Laca ahead of him, I expect to see the best out of Ozil, he finally has the quality around him to get the best out of him. I want to see him do his thing now.

See only one flaw in that plan
Seems ozil does not want to play he wants out
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Appleseeds10 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:28 am

:goal1:
Last edited by Appleseeds10 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appleseeds10
Liam Brady

Postby Zedie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:18 am

theHotHead wrote:
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Hopefully the performance today by Ceballos will go a long way to shutting the traps of those that whined all summer that we loaned him.

i dont recall a single poster complaining about Dani... :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Bare people complained about it being a waste of time stop gap short term signing.

Bare people complained about it being a loan with no option to buy, thus not actually resolving anything longterm.

The revisionism from you lot is different level.

Shouldn't be too hard for you and jayram to find some 'I don't want cabellos' posts to actually prove your points...

Mate thats EXACTLY what I am talking about, ffs. Thanks for confirming. Even if we didnt have an option to buy, if Ceballos performs how he did and its just for a year, c'est la vie, he has done exactly what was asked of him - and more. How can anyone therefore complain the loan was a bad idea?? Think about it :BangHead:

A loan for a year with no purchase agreed at the end of it is a poor situation because it's not longterm planning to move us forward.

He kills it this year and city, PSG, Man U etc. Will undoubtedly come in and blow us out of the water with a big offer.

Even if we match, it will take an offer that could potentially drain our transfer funds for players like upamenco etc.

-It goes against everything you've been arguing for ie longterm planning for the squad

-working on a humble budget

Etc.

You lot making excuse about selling ozil mkhi mustafi etc. That leaves us without money to balance off against purchases again like the funds needed to get a baller like this.

If we dont sign him, hes become a key cog in our system that we then need to start from the start again, while weve show cased him to the oil clubs like a prized lamb.

Finally, to those that are hanging off perez 'promise' to look at a transfer, that's worth f**k all. Mans a shark and will shot to the highest bidder.

A real promise would have been an option to buy but we didnt get that did we.

To repeat, no one is saying hes a bad player, we are simply saying we didnt sign him on the best terms and should have at minimum got an option to buy or first refusal etc.

It's actually pretty straight forward, I'm really not sure why you're banging your head like any of this is completely baffling.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:43 am

Agree Zedie. But let’s enjoy his contributions for now and not worry about next year. Who knows what happens in the next 12 months. Things change a lot in football.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:58 am

VCC wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Nope but unlike some people on this forum I have never believed Ozil needs to add a defensive dimension to his game. He is an offensive player who in recent years has had substandard players around him either up front or in the middle with him.

See only one flaw in that plan
Seems ozil does not want to play he wants out

Up until now I would probably agree with you, but I am hoping he has a renewed belief and hunger to perform now that we have improved in the areas directly affecting where he plays. I would go as far as, if he can't perform now then the Ozil bus has gone and won't be returning.

This does of course assume Emery plays him and plays him with the improvements
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:08 pm

swipe right wrote:Agree Zedie. But let’s enjoy his contributions for now and not worry about next year. Who knows what happens in the next 12 months. Things change a lot in football.

Exactly this !!

If this deal was the only way to get him then so be it, even if it is just for a year.

In a nutshell, having a player of this quality can NEVER be a bad thing/idea and I don't know why you keep making these silly hypothetical stories/scenarios up. Lets look at facts and figures. Ceballos led various stats on the day, if he can repeat these type of performances it lifts the heads of the players around him and gives the fans more confidence. Young players can learn from him so Nelson and Willock might improve as a result. Thats all that matters, do we benefit from having Ceballos ? Yes, so what are you moaning about. If the answer is No then fine, moan all you want.

People just like to complain about everything. You would think that someone like Zedie who was the Professor of Doom during the transfer window would be pleased that we improved our squad quality this season, but he still finds something to bitch and moan about, about one of our high profile signings.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Do we have a song for him yet? If not, get one immediately, so we can warm his heart and try to keep this kid. Excellent performance and even more so, what a shift he put in.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ESR10 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:16 pm

StLGooner wrote:Do we have a song for him yet? If not, get one immediately, so we can warm his heart and try to keep this kid. Excellent performance and even more so, what a shift he put in.

The fans were singing "Oh Dani Ceballos" similar to the "Oh Santi Cazorla" chant
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:08 pm

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:Agree Zedie. But let’s enjoy his contributions for now and not worry about next year. Who knows what happens in the next 12 months. Things change a lot in football.

Exactly this !!

If this deal was the only way to get him then so be it, even if it is just for a year.

In a nutshell, having a player of this quality can NEVER be a bad thing/idea and I don't know why you keep making these silly hypothetical stories/scenarios up. Lets look at facts and figures. Ceballos led various stats on the day, if he can repeat these type of performances it lifts the heads of the players around him and gives the fans more confidence. Young players can learn from him so Nelson and Willock might improve as a result. Thats all that matters, do we benefit from having Ceballos ? Yes, so what are you moaning about. If the answer is No then fine, moan all you want.

People just like to complain about everything. You would think that someone like Zedie who was the Professor of Doom during the transfer window would be pleased that we improved our squad quality this season, but he still finds something to bitch and moan about, about one of our high profile signings.

Yep, it's a great signing.
All that matters is what he does for us this year.
If he helps us get 4th then it gives us a huge boost in the transfer market as we'll be offering CL football.
I really don;t know how anyone could complain about the signing.
Baffling.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to World Football