Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Neither Xhaka or Ceballos are good enough. They should not be playing in the PL.
Ceballos has some excuse as Arteta inexplicably turned him into a defensive midfielder. That is like trying to turn Leno into a striker.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Callum » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:16 pm

Xhaka is fine as a third or fourth choice midfielder, honestly. He's been pretty good since his red card against Burnley and plays well with Partey.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:36 pm

Callum wrote:Xhaka is fine as a third or fourth choice midfielder, honestly. He's been pretty good since his red card against Burnley and plays well with Partey.
What evidence do you have that he 'plays well with Partey'? They've only played together twice, once was for seven minutes, the other for 90 and we lost both games.

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:25 am

And I would like to know the definition of "pretty good" because from my view all he has done is make fewer mistakes he is still too slow on the ball, he still slows the game down, he is still vulnerable on the counter attack, his passes do not tend to unlock teams, he just plays obvious passes to players in wide open spaces, when he himself is afforded time and space on the ball.

I have seen nothing to say he has been pretty good.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:41 am

Tony Adams wrote:
Callum wrote:Xhaka is fine as a third or fourth choice midfielder, honestly. He's been pretty good since his red card against Burnley and plays well with Partey.
What evidence do you have that he 'plays well with Partey'? They've only played together twice, once was for seven minutes, the other for 90 and we lost both games.

They've actually played more games than that but it's not pretty.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/thomas- ... ner/111455

10 appearances in total...7 starts together.
5 losses
3 wins
2 draws
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

5 losses
3 wins
2 draws
LOL still not selling it to me :dontknow:

Edit - nope, your stats are partey with xhaka, not ceballos

Maybe partey is the problem? [emoji38]
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:43 am

Tony Adams wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

5 losses
3 wins
2 draws

You may have misread Callums post. He was saying Xhaka and Partey have formed a good partnership which is why corrected the stats you pulled up.

If you think Partey is the problem then it's definitely time for you to get to Specsavers. Lol.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

5 losses
3 wins
2 draws

You may have misread Callums post. He was saying Xhaka and Partey have formed a good partnership which is why corrected the stats you pulled up.

If you think Partey is the problem then it's definitely time for you to get to Specsavers. Lol.
Yeah, I did misread it. Sorry Callum.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:53 pm

That’s the problem 4 managers (if you count Freddie) and Xhaka has always been first choice, he’s simple not good enough 3rd or fourth at best.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:35 am

If I remember correctly, it was the season before he got his big money move to Madrid from Betis that I took notice of him, but it was definitely whilst playing for the Spanish u21's that I paid attention.

After the bit of a mixed bag that was last season for him and the subsequent extension of his loan period, we still haven't seen a performance for arsenal anywhere near those he was pulling out of his arse for fun beyond that of his debut showing against Burnley.

Can the guy play some top notch football? Without a doubt, yes. Should we therefore look to buy him outright from Real Madrid? No, not for me as things stand.

If his recruitment came at a massively discounted price of say £10M then yes, the landscape would change a bit but due more to the philosophy of you never having too many good players as opposed to it simply being too good a bargain to miss out on.

The player he puts me in mind of a lot when thinking of those Spanish performances, is Ruben Loftus-Cheek who with his proneness to injury left at the door, the one I'd rather pursue.

For the sake of developing a more progressive and efficient central midfield capable of operating in either the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation to good effect, I'm more inclined to target spending our budgeted funds on the more purpose ready Yves Bissouma.

A secondary reason lies in the Saka like progression of Miguel Azeez who whilst is as comfortable as Smith-Rowe in the CAM role, simply looks imperious striding forward with the ball from the base of midfield and more likely to metaphorically drop kick the door open to the first team if Saka only hammered on it with his fist.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:47 am

Pretty good? Whats the criteria? Not being a bumbling oaf? Being able to tie his shoelaces by himself?

He has been anything but pretty good, pretty good is a 7 out of 10, he has not f***ked up as much as usual and not given away the ball as much as usual but he has still been mediocre, basic passes, slow on the ball, slow in thought. How you think he has been pretty good is eyebrow raising to say the least. Standards have dropped massively if what you say is true.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:18 pm

Xhaka > Ceballos
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz