Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby ag6789 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:01 pm

I thought he did play ok in parts. Not a finished product either. Should be playing further forward and Torreira should be behind him.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:37 pm

Better game from him today.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Mike Dean wrote:Better game from him today.
?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Holdini » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:06 pm

60m? f that
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:28 pm

ag6789 wrote:I thought he did play ok in parts. Not a finished product either. Should be playing further forward and Torreira should be behind him.

The only logical reason for signing a player than isn't a finished product is if we have an option to buy. We don't. Hence he should be benched. Why develop another team's player rather than one of our own. Shambolic.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:52 pm

Remember when Unai Ultras claimed he was better than Ozil :rofll:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:16 am

Another howler by Ach
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:30 am

swipe right wrote:Remember when Unai Ultras claimed he was better than Ozil :rofll:

He is better at least he puts 100% effort in with and with out the ball
Ozil has had a couple of good performances against kids and wolves, you acting like he just beat liverpool PL team by himself,
Let's not get carried away and see how long it lasts.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:18 am

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:Remember when Unai Ultras claimed he was better than Ozil :rofll:

Ozil has had a couple of good performances against kids and wolves, you acting like he just beat liverpool PL team by himself,

Putting in an 100% effort does not = better.

This is what got Emery in trouble.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:22 am

Mike Dean wrote:
VCC wrote:

Agreed but apart from the weekend we are used to about 40% effort from Ozil defending, granted he had a decent performance on the week end DECENT hopefully it lasts and hopefully we continue to see effort defensively.but he is far from the messiah
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:32 am

VCC wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
VCC wrote:

Agreed but apart from the weekend we are used to about 40% effort from Ozil defending, granted he had a decent performance on the week end DECENT hopefully it lasts and hopefully we continue to see effort defensively.but he is far from the messiah

Of course Ozil has his defensive liabilities but at the same time Ceballos, from the chances he has been given, has not shown to be the better player than Ozil.

Early on, a lot of folks had their hopes pinned on Ceballos to carry the playmaker's mantle. He has been given opportunities but has not done well in that role.

Ideally he needs to be played WITH Ozil. He needs to be filling in the Santi role.

My biggest complaints of him is that he holds onto the ball for too long and he also gives it away in some very dangerous positions. Guendouzi is guilty of the same so I am not sure if it is a Emery or training issue.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:42 am

Mike Dean wrote:
VCC wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
VCC wrote:

Of course Ozil has his defensive liabilities but at the same time Ceballos, from the chances he has been given, has not shown to be the better player than Ozil.

Early on, a lot of folks had their hopes pinned on Ceballos to carry the playmaker's mantle. He has been given opportunities but has not done well in that role.

Ideally he needs to be played WITH Ozil. He needs to be filling in the Santi role.

My biggest complaints of him is that he holds onto the ball for too long and he also gives it away in some very dangerous positions. Guendouzi is guilty of the same so I am not sure if it is a Emery or training issue.

If I had my choice I would have neither, they both are not good enough and anyone watching can see that. Ozil can hold the ball but so can ceballos mainly sideways or backwards,ozil can sometimes thread a pass cebellos cant,cebellos can defend ozil cant,pick your demons but I'm over peeps claiming players are back to their very best after one or two ok performances, with what we have I personally would not even play a 10 just play fast off the break and play martinelli one side pepe the other auba through the middle laca off the bench or pick what ever from that 4
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:34 am

VCC and others, you need to let the "Ozil lack of effort/defending" narrative go. Ozil has NEVER EVER defended anywhere he has been so why do people harp on about it!! Thats not his game, never has been, so criticising it is pointless.

It is also proven than Ozil covers as much distance as anyone else, so he is NOT lazy.

Now, if you want to make the argument that, given he is a creator and he does not create enough, you would get a far weaker argument from me because it is true. Now, I would say there are mitigating circumstances, like dufus managers and managers trying to alienate him but the fact is he has put in far too many sub-standard performances over the past 2 seasons.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:57 am

theHotHead wrote:VCC and others, you need to let the "Ozil lack of effort/defending" narrative go. Ozil has NEVER EVER defended anywhere he has been so why do people harp on about it!! Thats not his game, never has been, so criticising it is pointless.

It is also proven than Ozil covers as much distance as anyone else, so he is NOT lazy.

Now, if you want to make the argument that, given he is a creator and he does not create enough, you would get a far weaker argument from me because it is true. Now, I would say there are mitigating circumstances, like dufus managers and managers trying to alienate him but the fact is he has put in far too many sub-standard performances over the past 2 seasons.

Then he simply is not good enough surely you have to concede he does not offer enough no longer attacking for him to be an absolute passenger defensively.
That is what is wrong with the entire squad not just picking on Ozil forwards aside we are poor all over the pitch not one player put in 90mins concentration into their role, and I realise players are not playing where they should, but once Emery is removed hopefully that will change,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:00 am

Not convinced with Ceballos, doesn't seem to provide creatity which is surely what he's there for, no option to buy either which surely means we're just developing him for Real.

It does take time for players to adapt to the PL, but whether he does or not is up for debate, hopefully he improves in the next couple months because being a loan with no option we need him to deliver now as he most likly won't be here next season.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to World Football