Mkhitaryan >>> Sanchez

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mkhitaryan >>> Sanchez

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Different type of players. One is a passer another a goal scorer. Mkhitaryan has better vision and is more of a team man while Sanchez can take on a defender and beat him for fun. Mkhitaryan can be trusted to play a role while Sanchez excels in having a free role. How do you compare?

Personally we need a player like Mkhitaryan more as he contributes more to build up and can blend in. Sanchez is a very good player who is more of a goal scorer but he can be petulant and get frustrated quickly. We have Auba and Lacazette so we needed a player like Mkhi who can along with Ozil help in creating chances.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Different type of players. One is a passer another a goal scorer. Mkhitaryan has better vision and is more of a team man while Sanchez can take on a defender and beat him for fun. Mkhitaryan can be trusted to play a role while Sanchez excels in having a free role. How do you compare?

Personally we need a player like Mkhitaryan more as he contributes more to build up and can blend in. Sanchez is a very good player who is more of a goal scorer but he can be petulant and get frustrated quickly. We have Auba and Lacazette so we needed a player like Mkhi who can along with Ozil help in creating chances.

Exactly.

For me and as I said at the time PEA was Sanchez's real replacement, that goal scorer with pace who can take on players.

Mkhitaryan for me was more Walcott's replacement, plays in midfield / wide to support the offence and chip in with goals.

I'm very satisfied with the swaps.

Mainly because we have new contracted, committed players.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:15 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Different type of players. One is a passer another a goal scorer. Mkhitaryan has better vision and is more of a team man while Sanchez can take on a defender and beat him for fun. Mkhitaryan can be trusted to play a role while Sanchez excels in having a free role. How do you compare?

Exactly.

For me and as I said at the time PEA was Sanchez's real replacement, that goal scorer with pace who can take on players.

Mkhitaryan for me was more Walcott's replacement, plays in midfield / wide to support the offence and chip in with goals.

I'm very satisfied with the swaps.

Mainly because we have new contracted, committed players.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't think there is too much to add on the matter as these two comments pretty much nail it. In that I was one of those hoping that we were going to get mkhitaryan before he opted to go to United, my ideal was to have them both in our team either side of Ozil as the 3 behind the central striker.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:36 pm

KG3 wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Delete thread asap
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:38 pm

a forward line of...

--------------Auba---------------
Sanchez--Ozil--Mkhitaryan

would have been better :O
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby indy23 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 pm

LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Delete thread asap
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby knowledge93 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Been a few games. let's chill see how it plays out.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby elkanofan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:19 pm

downfall of society
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:49 am

Lmao maybe wait until he reaches 10 assists. Then he'd at least match Alexis, who BTW also scored 30 goals.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:40 am

aniym wrote:Lmao maybe wait until he reaches 10 assists. Then he'd at least match Alexis, who BTW also scored 30 goals.

This season?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Roycck » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:18 am

United dont need him but he need United's $$$$$.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:52 pm

It appears that Sanchez is coming in for some right dogs abuse at the moment.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:50 pm

No need to sugar it. Sanchez has been an utter and total flop for them so far.

There was big noise coming from the Manu camp this summer that Sanchez will be completely revitalized after long rest and no world cup.

Wrong again.

It's a combination of Sanchez's physical abilities on the decline, no Ozil on that team that understood his game and made him look better, and ManU's stale attack.

It is funny hearing ManU fans attack him for things like careless passes and giving the ball up too much and killing attack, when they were happy to see Mkhi go because of the same reasons. Alexis is worse when it comes to losing the ball, but he was always able to hide it by running vigorously after the opposing players once he lost the ball. This fools the average viewer. The key is not to lose the possession on careless and risky passes to begin with because it kills your team's attack and rhythm.

Mou keeps playing Sanchez despite his poor form because he has to justify the sale. Not only does he keep playing him when he shouldnt, he is stealing time from Martial and Rashford, both of which were on a good track before Sanchez joined. SIde tracked their development.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Losmeister » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:55 pm

sad to see the decline...

lame to try to prop up Ozil in the meantime... whatever
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Losmeister wrote:sad to see the decline...

lame to try to prop up Ozil in the meantime... whatever
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk