Cost of supporting Arsenal!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Cost of supporting Arsenal!

Postby tufnelltoughie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:03 pm

A report out today cites Arsenal as the most expensive club in Europe for supporters.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42715295

Arsenal take an average of around £85 per match for each fan attending a match.

May be no surprise to most on here but do you guys think it is worth the money atm?
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Cost of supporting Arsenal!

Postby gooney » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:03 pm

supporting football club is not a necessity. Its a choice of entertainment. So forgive me if dont feel one bit sorry for the fans
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby BexleyGooner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Can I ask you something really controversial please. Many disabled people work, many earning just as much money as able bodied people, do you think it’s right the amount of money Arsenal knock off their tickets seeing as they get one free as well?

FYI, a disabled fan can get two tickets to a category A game for £32.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:15 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:Can I ask you something really controversial please. Many disabled people work, many earning just as much money as able bodied people, do you think it’s right the amount of money Arsenal knock off their tickets seeing as they get one free as well?

I'm registered disabled. I don't claim any benefits and I work full time and earn a good wage

I was offered tickets as you've described and I declined them because id rather pay full price and sit where I choose.

Do I think it's right? I dunno. I'd sooner see big discounts given to hard up people who live in the local area.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby BexleyGooner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:27 pm

UFGN wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:Can I ask you something really controversial please. Many disabled people work, many earning just as much money as able bodied people, do you think it’s right the amount of money Arsenal knock off their tickets seeing as they get one free as well?

I'm registered disabled. I don't claim any benefits and I work full time and earn a good wage

I was offered tickets as you've described and I declined them because id rather pay full price and sit where I choose.

Do I think it's right? I dunno. I'd sooner see big discounts given to hard up people who live in the local area.

I’m actually disabled myself as well, so really shouldn’t be moaning about something I benefit from, but I feel the prices should be slightly higher. I don’t think you can legally charge for a enablers ticket, but maybe raise the price of the disabled ticket to three quarters of the full price. I would pay more definitely, but I like to sit in the disabled rows as they are right next to the entrances. Great view, sheltered and nice and easy to get in and out quickly. Disabled membership is absolutely amazing for away tickets though.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I’m actually disabled myself as well, so really shouldn’t be moaning about something I benefit from, but I feel the prices should be slightly higher. I don’t think you can legally charge for a enablers ticket, but maybe raise the price of the disabled ticket to three quarters of the full price. I would pay more definitely, but I like to sit in the disabled rows as they are right next to the entrances. Great view, sheltered and nice and easy to get in and out quickly. Disabled membership is absolutely amazing for away tickets though.

Where do you sit when you go to away matches? Is there a, er, "special" bit or do you get given tickets with our main fans?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby BexleyGooner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:06 pm

UFGN wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Where do you sit when you go to away matches? Is there a, er, "special" bit or do you get given tickets with our main fans?

When Arsenal receive the tickets, the disabled team nab around two rows near the entrances. In most grounds this is about half way up the lower tier, but right in with the main fans. Not that many disabled fans actually travel away though, so it’s very easy to get tickets. I had never been to an away match in my life and got tickets to Stoke, Everton, Watford and Man City straight away. Away tickets are full price but you still get an enabler ticket free.

This was the seats at Watford from where I witnessed the carnage unfold.

Last edited by BexleyGooner on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Do I think we are getting value for money? Well I pay for a Virgin Media subscription and that isn't worth it to watch the pile of poo we are right now. So I shudder to think how robbed people that currently go to the Emirates feel!! I gave my season ticket in protest about 3 or 4 seasons ago.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby diesel » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 pm

tufnelltoughie wrote:A report out today cites Arsenal as the most expensive club in Europe for supporters.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42715295

Arsenal take an average of around £85 per match for each fan attending a match.

May be no surprise to most on here but do you guys think it is worth the money atm?

I go to every home game with my sons, all as red members. I get loads of stuck from father in law about expense. it is my choice to go to games andone every thing in life the price is the price is the price and I don't really question it when I know that a) the players are putting a shift in and b)they are of sufficient standard giving that they are playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

but therein lies the crux of it. £90 for a cat A game is just about palatable and is value for money when we perform like we did against Middlesex recently, but £26 for a category C is not value for money when the dross on the pitch do not perform.

make sense ?
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:45 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

When Arsenal receive the tickets, the disabled team nab around two rows near the entrances. In most grounds this is about half way up the lower tier, but right in with the main fans. Not that many disabled fans actually travel away though, so it’s very easy to get tickets. I had never been to an away match in my life and got tickets to Stoke, Everton, Watford and Man City straight away. Away tickets are full price but you still get an enabler ticket free.

Thanks for the info. Will investigate

UFGN

Postby 22-0 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 pm

The cost of supporting arsenal is not money its mental health.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:39 pm

22-0 wrote:The cost of supporting arsenal is not money its mental health.

agreed

went to the leicester (first game of the season) and chelsea (recent prem game)

nearly had a heart attack on both occassions
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby BexleyGooner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:59 pm

UFGN wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Thanks for the info. Will investigate

Just one thing, I say away tickets are full price, but as you probably know, away tickets are capped at £30 anyway, so they’re still cheap. Official coach is the same as well, two seats for the price of one.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby FARM » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 pm

I stopped going in 2011 because of the way the club was going and its lost its identity, its not worth it, it was expensive back then so I don't dare to think the cost of it in 2018.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 pm

FARM wrote:I stopped going in 2011 because of the way the club was going and its lost its identity, its not worth it, it was expensive back then so I don't dare to think the cost of it in 2018.

Are you actually a real farm? A self aware working farm that talks and has a soul and supports Arsenal? If so how do you type?

UFGN

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk