Arsenal in meltdown?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arsenal in meltdown?

Postby PairyGrows » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 am

Andrew wrote:
tufnelltoughie wrote:Is there any hope for Wonky and Arsenal now?

The Ox already gone.

Coquelin sold.

Alexis on the verge of leaving for Manchester.

Theo lining up to go to Everton.

Ozil out of contract soon.

Cech and Mertesacker past it.

There really is little hope now.

It's called rebuilding. It's well underway

This core was useless, we're building a new core to compete.

We're rebuilding by swapping our best player for a player who's flopped during his time in the Premier League. Indeed, words cannot describe how successfully we've been at 'rebuilding' the squad thus far.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:17 pm

We don't buy world class players to fit around world class players. We don't even buy world class players when we lose world class players. We have been doing the bare minimum for years and it's kinda worked until last season when we dropped out the top 4.

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:51 am

I don't buy into the Aubameyang hype. The intent to get the deal done doesn't seem genuine. To me, this is yet another PR trick by the club to manage the fans' expectations.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 am

PairyGrows wrote:I don't buy into the Aubameyang hype. The intent to get the deal done doesn't seem genuine. To me, this is yet another PR trick by the club to manage the fans' expectations.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:05 pm

PairyGrows wrote:I don't buy into the Aubameyang hype. The intent to get the deal done doesn't seem genuine. To me, this is yet another PR trick by the club to manage the fans' expectations.

This.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:55 pm

We are the only club even rumoured to be in for Aubameyang, which seems too unrealistic to be credible. I don't doubt we've made a bid, but I don't think either party thinks a deal is realistic. BVB don't need to sell.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:36 am

The fact that we're not even serious about getting into the top-4 is quite revealing.

You'd think a club that has emphasized more on finishing in CL places in the past decade or so—over every other accomplishment in Arsenal's history—would show some intent to get back into those places.

We seem to be the type to settle wherever we fall. That's top-6 now. And if we finished 8th, I can't see us upping the ante like United did.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:27 am

This. Its bollox. If we wanted the guy we would get the business done early, not allegedly bid 7m less than the club want.

If anyone is in any doubt please note; when Wenger wants a player he gets him quickly m when feet drag it is either Wenger does not really want the player or its PR exercises.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:09 am

To play the devil's advocate, we did the same to Monchengladbach apparently. Lowballed for Xhaka. They threatened to cease all negotiations. We ended up paying the full monty.

Perhaps the same may happen with Auba.

It does prove that we have an awful set of negotiators tho. Imagine acting like this big shot and bidding £15m for Xhaka. Then getting bullied by the club - ultimately paying £35m. :lol:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:35 am

Doesn't anyone else find the fact that Wenger is still talking about the stadium debt a tad worrying? Even after 10 years we're still supposedly hindered by the Emirates.

Either Wenger is chatting rubbish and making excuses for the overt lack of ambition the club is showing, or he's telling the truth and we're still being hindered by the stadium debt. Neither possibility paints a positive picture of the club or Wenger.

Nevertheless, the glorious future we all envisaged in 2004 has not come... and it never will.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Interest: waning » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Why the f**k did I get sucked in to supporting the ONLY club in high level football that doesn't give a f**k about trying to get better and improve.

Why the f**k did we move to the Emirates? Why the f**k has Wenger got amnesia WRT what made him successful and the types of players that can actually help you win things?

WHY. THE. f**k. AAAAARGH.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Özilfan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Interest: waning wrote:Why the f**k did I get sucked in to supporting the ONLY club in high level football that doesn't give a f**k about trying to get better and improve.

Why the f**k did we move to the Emirates? Why the f**k has Wenger got amnesia WRT what made him successful and the types of players that can actually help you win things?

WHY. THE. f**k. AAAAARGH.

In Wenger's mind we're still on for a famous quadruple:

Charity Shield, League Cup, Europa League, 4th Place Trophy
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Interest: waning » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:38 pm

f**k the club.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:34 pm

Angelito wrote:The fact that we're not even serious about getting into the top-4 is quite revealing.

You'd think a club that has emphasized more on finishing in CL places in the past decade or so—over every other accomplishment in Arsenal's history—would show some intent to get back into those places.

We seem to be the type to settle wherever we fall. That's top-6 now. And if we finished 8th, I can't see us upping the ante like United did.

I've said it before, but...

It's now fiscally better to not qualify for the champs league, and just milk the new prem cash, than it is to compete financially with:

Man U
Man C
Chelsea
Spuds
Liverpool
Everton

4/7 does not go.

If you're the Arsenal board, and your modus operandi is cash, what you gonna do?
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Özilfan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Angelito wrote:The fact that we're not even serious about getting into the top-4 is quite revealing.

I've said it before, but...

It's now fiscally better to not qualify for the champs league, and just milk the new prem cash, than it is to compete financially with:

Man U
Man C
Chelsea
Spuds
Liverpool
Everton

4/7 does not go.

If you're the Arsenal board, and your modus operandi is cash, what you gonna do?

Though I don't respect Wenger as a manager, I think the biggest problem is Kroenke:

Not only does he not give a shit about the club or the fans and he uses the club purely as a cash machine, he's also the kind of asshole who goes to Africa to hunt endangered species - and not only that but he actually makes profit from these hunts through his hunting tv channel! People who do that in this day and age are, in my opinion, absolute scum and puts him in company with these mugs:

https://serbiananimalsvoice.files.wordp ... trump1.jpg

Don't click if you're an animal lover. Just a pic of the Trump boys with their "prize".
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk