So....all these potential leavers

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

So....all these potential leavers

Postby Markx » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Yes I get it that we want Coquelin...Debuchy...Walcott ...El Neny to leave.....Ozil and Sanchez will follow..

My problem is 6 players out and no indication of anyone coming the other way...we will be sooooo short of players even if they are shite

Thoughts
Markx
Michael Thomas

Re: So....all these potential leavers

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:19 pm

One of Coquelin, Elneny and Xhaka should definitely go, but definitely not 2.

Walcott is on crazy wages, which might have been justified once in 2014, but since his ACL injury, he's just playing for the next contract. Needs to go ASAP.

Debuchy fell out of favour with Wenger at least 2 years ago. He will never play him in the PL, so why bother keeping him? He's not even FA Cup material.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gamechannel » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Markx wrote:Yes I get it that we want Coquelin...Debuchy...Walcott ...El Neny to leave.....Ozil and Sanchez will follow..

My problem is 6 players out and no indication of anyone coming the other way...we will be sooooo short of players even if they are shite

Thoughts

GTFO with your negativity!

We have Willock, AMN, Akpom, Nelson, Wellback and above all, the black Messi, Iwobi.. each one of these guys is a world beater.. Did you not know?
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Markx » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Yeah right
Markx
Michael Thomas

Postby ARSHAVIN 77 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Too many players should leave before trying to build up a new solid team. First of them, Sanchez (doesn't play enough for the team), Xakha, Mustafi and Bellerin and obviously Debuchy, Chambers, Elneny, Coquelin and Walcott. To end up the season correctly and having a chance in EPL, we need 2 good players in defense and 2 good players in the midfield.
There will be our turn to triumph.
ARSHAVIN 77
Liam Brady

Postby BexleyGooner » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:30 pm

You’re stripping that defence a bit there. If Mustafi and Chambers go, and Per retires, that leaves us with Kos and Holding as established central defenders. Kos is getting old and more mistake prone and I genuinely don’t think Holding will be anything more than an adequate defender. Need to bring at least two quality CB’s in. Then you want rid of both our right backs.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 pm

Bottom line, 25 man squad I think, right? Well then whatever he culls he must replace, simple.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Markx wrote:Yes I get it that we want Coquelin...Debuchy...Walcott ...El Neny to leave.....Ozil and Sanchez will follow..

Thoughts

Your problem? that's all our problem.

Wenger has decimated this team, Arsenal have tried to ride to success on the back of two top signings, that is how cheap we are.

I literally don't even count Lacazette, A) because if we lose Sanchez and don't replace then he's not even an addition, B) we needed to sign a striker 4 years ago, C) he's not in Ozil or Alexis's class regardless.

So ultimately the sooner this trash bag of a manager goes the better.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenalthebest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:59 am

Its the same **** every window, all our crap players look like they are set to leave but nothing materialises. Walcott, Debutchery will still be here milking us dry.
Arsenalthebest

Postby MaxwellBrandy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 pm

I think we have a massive rebuilding job on our hands.

Cech is still a good goalkeeper but isn’t great and seeing some of Scszesny’s performances of late it makes me rue the decision to sell. Ospina will never usurp Cech and so I wouldn’t be surprised if he finally pushed, and got a move away.

Bellerin has coasted for the last few years as he no longer has any competition for his place in the team. Koscielny is slowly becoming less and less reliable due to his Achilles issue. Per is going. Chambers, Mustafi and Holding could go on to be good players but I don’t have confidence in Wenger’s ability to coach them to becoming world class. Kolasinac and Monreal have never been left to compete for the left back/wing back role which is unusual.

Xhaka had a dog sh*t start to the season but seems to have settled down with the mistakes without being in inspiring form. Wilshere looks like a breathe of fresh air to the team while Cazorla, Coq and Elneny are either leaving, out of contract or daily to offer anything meaningful to the first XI. Although I would like to see AMN get an extended chance to play in midfield alongside Xhaka with Jack and Ramsey occupying Alexis and Ozil’s positions as number 10’s when they both leave.

Looking really promising for next season [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaxwellBrandy
Patrick Vieira

Postby arsenalpan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm

MaxwellBrandy wrote:I think we have a massive rebuilding job on our hands.

Cech is still a good goalkeeper but isn’t great and seeing some of Scszesny’s performances of late it makes me rue the decision to sell. Ospina will never usurp Cech and so I wouldn’t be surprised if he finally pushed, and got a move away.

Bellerin has coasted for the last few years as he no longer has any competition for his place in the team. Koscielny is slowly becoming less and less reliable due to his Achilles issue. Per is going. Chambers, Mustafi and Holding could go on to be good players but I don’t have confidence in Wenger’s ability to coach them to becoming world class. Kolasinac and Monreal have never been left to compete for the left back/wing back role which is unusual.

Xhaka had a dog sh*t start to the season but seems to have settled down with the mistakes without being in inspiring form. Wilshere looks like a breathe of fresh air to the team while Cazorla, Coq and Elneny are either leaving, out of contract or daily to offer anything meaningful to the first XI. Although I would like to see AMN get an extended chance to play in midfield alongside Xhaka with Jack and Ramsey occupying Alexis and Ozil’s positions as number 10’s when they both leave.

Looking really promising for next season [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xhaka, AMN, Wilshere and Ramsey. You rebuild a team with this midfield? You must love Wenger.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:14 am

Let me get this straight. Coquelin has already gone, Mertesacker is retiring, Cazorla is practically finished; and both Alexis and Ozil are going to walk away for free. You can also add at least one of Debuchy, Walcott, Wilshere, Chambers and Elneny on the list.

That means we'll need at least five players before the start of the new season. Considering we've needed signings prior to these departures, we'll need from six to eight new players. That will cost £150 million - a very generous estimate in the current market - which far exceeds our transfer budget.

There are two likely strategies the club will employ. The vacant places will be filled with cheap young talent who may or may not come good. Alternatively, we'll ignore most of the signings we need, make one or two marquee signings and go into the season with a threadbare squad.

Either way, I don't fancy our chances next season - nor the season after that, nor the season after that; and so on.

We are done.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Angelito » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:12 pm

PairyGrows wrote:We are done.

Cech
Mustafi - Koscielny - Monreal
Bellerin - Xhaka - Ramsey - Kolasinac
Welbeck --------------------------- Iwobi
Lacazette

Manager: Arsene Wenger

:1990_dancing.gif:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:15 pm

Angelito wrote:
PairyGrows wrote:We are done.

Cech
Mustafi - Koscielny - Monreal
Bellerin - Xhaka - Ramsey - Kolasinac
Welbeck --------------------------- Iwobi
Lacazette

Manager: Arsene Wenger

:1990_dancing.gif:

I hear relegation battles can be riveting?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Return to Arsenal Talk