Konstantinos Mavropanos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (on loan - VfB Stuttgart)

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:41 pm

If he’s passing into the penalty box it suggests two things to me, he’s lumping the ball hit and hope style, or he’s too far forward and out of position perhaps for a CB.

Since when do CBS pass the ball into the penalty box?

I’ve watched some clips and can confirm he often runs forward with the ball and is out of position when he delivers these passes.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:39 pm

There are 147 stats I posted, when I come back from my walk I will tally the number White beat Saliba in and post for all to discuss further.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:40 pm

theHotHead wrote:There are 147 stats I posted, when I come back from my walk I will tally the number White beat Saliba in and post for all to discuss further.

How many 5 yard passes one makes is not relevant - nor are any stats comparing the PL to the French league.
So spare me.
But even in your stats you posted White is superior on stats that matter - real outcomes - playing in a tougher league.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:10 pm

So I did a tally up:

Saliba - 69
White - 50

Some of the stats were duplicates in other sections so I ignored them, I also ignored stats where the players were tied. Got to say I was more impressed with the stats that Saliba won (like short, medium and long range passing and accuracy). Honestly, looking at the results of the stats themselves is no reason for a dick size competition, however, the key here is Saliba cost half of what White cost so for me the impact is bigger.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:26 pm

theHotHead wrote:So I did a tally up:

Saliba - 69
White - 50

Some of the stats were duplicates in other sections so I ignored them, I also ignored stats where the players were tied. Got to say I was more impressed with the stats that Saliba won (like short, medium and long range passing and accuracy). Honestly, looking at the results of the stats themselves is no reason for a dick size competition, however, the key here is Saliba cost half of what White cost so for me the impact is bigger.

And when the outcomes are taken into account, White wins most.
.. And he's achieving that in a much harder league.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:40 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:So I did a tally up:

Saliba - 69
White - 50

And when the outcomes are taken into account, White wins most.
.. And he's achieving that in a much harder league.

If I could be bothered to show it Jay you would see that, actually, most of the key stats we are interested in Saliba wins, not White. The very things that you claim White is in the team for and that White is better at, the stats say otherwise.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:43 pm

And I'm not having any of this French league is easy nonsense. When Mario Jardel won the Euro Golden Boot playing for Porto was it, in Portugal, nobody said he shouldn't win because the Portuguese league is shit.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:13 pm

theHotHead wrote:And I'm not having any of this French league is easy nonsense. When Mario Jardel won the Euro Golden Boot playing for Porto was it, in Portugal, nobody said he shouldn't win because the Portuguese league is shit.

I don't care what you are having.
It's a shit league that the best French players leave or want to leave .... the better ones sooner.
..and yes, if you score a lot of goals in the Portuguese league it's less impressive than scoring them in the PL.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:And I'm not having any of this French league is easy nonsense. When Mario Jardel won the Euro Golden Boot playing for Porto was it, in Portugal, nobody said he shouldn't win because the Portuguese league is shit.

I don't care what you are having.
It's a shit league that the best French players leave or want to leave .... the better ones sooner.
..and yes, if you score a lot of goals in the Portuguese league it's less impressive than scoring them in the PL.

Accept Saliba has better stats than Ben White Jay, your logarithmic calculations and weighting to prove otherwise cut no ice.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (on loan - Stuttgart)

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:15 am

alexafc12 wrote:Apparently he'll be joining Bayern in Summer 2022. £30m being touted.

Looking more likely by the day. Great business from Sven and Stuttgart.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 am

Sven lol

What a flop he was here
Ach
SE13
SE13

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (on loan - Stuttgart)

Postby swipe right » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:39 am

alexafc12 wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Apparently he'll be joining Bayern in Summer 2022. £30m being touted.

Looking more likely by the day. Great business from Sven and Stuttgart.

Stuttgart can buy give for 3 mil, not 30 mil, based on what the agreed with Edu.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:22 pm

TedLasso wrote:In no world is he worth 30m

In the world tht Ben White is £50m perhaps ???? :dontknow:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:31 pm

This thread should be locked honestly. Mavro is 99.9% gone, and it's turning into another referendum on Arteta.

If Saliba isn't in our plans, then this dude who was signed under Wenger definitely is not. He belongs with Team Sven
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:This thread should be locked honestly. Mavro is 99.9% gone, and it's turning into another referendum on Arteta.

If Saliba isn't in our plans, then this dude who was signed under Wenger definitely is not. He belongs with Team Sven
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to World Football