Konstantinos Mavropanos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (Loan - Nürnberg)

Postby Zenith » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:18 pm

Considering we're only in the second month of the year the title is a bit delusive, but apparently, so far, he's done very well for Nürnberg.

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (on loan - Nürnberg)

Postby Zenith » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:48 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:00 am

He's a good talent. Hope we don't let him go permanently just yet
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Dinos signs new contract, joins Stuttgart on loan

Postby Zenith » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:32 pm

arsenal.com

Dinos signs new contract, joins Stuttgart on loan

Dinos Mavropanos has signed a new contract with us and will join VfB Stuttgart on loan next season.

The 22-year-old defender has been on loan at 2. Bundesliga side Nuremberg since January, where he made 12 appearances and became a key figure in saving them from relegation this season.

A Greece Under-21 international, he has made eight first-team appearances for us since joining us from Greek side PAS Giannina in January 2018.

Everyone at Arsenal sends their congratulations to Dinos and wishes him all the best for his time with Stuttgart.

The loan is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

vfb.de

Konstantinos Mavropanos joins VfB

The 22-year-old centre-back will don VfB colours next season after joining the club on loan from Arsenal.

VfB Stuttgart have completed the loan signing of 22-year-old Arsenal defender Konstantinos Mavropanos for next season. The 1.94-metre centre-back, who has been under contract with the Gunners since January 2018, will wear the number five shirt at the Mercedes-Benz Arena. A former Greek Under-21 international, Mavropanos made 12 appearances for 1. FC Nürnberg in a loan spell during the second half of last term.

Sporting director Sven Mislintat:

“We’re really pleased to have signed Konstantinos Mavropanos for a season. We were at Arsenal together, and I’ve been tracking his development for quite a while now. Konstantinos is strong in the tackle, quick off the mark and is a good fit for us with his abilities and ambition.”

Konstantinos Mavropanos:

“The move to VfB is a new challenge in my career. I want to thank the management and coach for the trust they’re placing in me. My aim is to repay their faith with good performances and to play my part in a successful season for VfB.”
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (on loan - Stuttgart)

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Odd decision if you ask me, either sell the guy or bring him back and give him game time, especially with the other CBs we have at the club.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby gooney » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Özim wrote:Odd decision if you ask me, either sell the guy or bring him back and give him game time, especially with the other CBs we have at the club.

He is not worth much and has not shown anything in a good league. He has no future here. Plan is for him to do well in Germany and sell him on. The new contract protect us. You don’t loan out a 22 year old CB if you think he can offer something
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Stuttgart are getting promotion to the Bundesliga next season so that's good
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Stuttgart fans on the club's official forum are over the moon with this signing. Unlike 99.99% of our fans, they actually watch the 2. Bundesliga.

Thread - forum.vfb.de

The fact that he has managed to make a name for himself so quickly—whilst playing for a side that's had to battle against relegation—makes it the all more impressive.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Özim wrote:Odd decision if you ask me, either sell the guy or bring him back and give him game time, especially with the other CBs we have at the club.

Not odd at all if you actually think about it, and could even be considered as fairly progressive and if anything, completely at odds with the obtuse attitude to player development and recruitment we have become accustomed to.

The only way that he is not going to have a significantly better chance of developing his game further at Stuttgart, is if their defence is like ours in also qualifying to play in the Paralympics

If we are in agreement that our defence could parody the ship of fools, then only Mari, Tierney, Cedric and Mavropanos deserve not to be tarred with that brush by reason of not having been here long enough or having been limited by injuries.

If you want to judge a 19/20 year old by dropping him into the heart of a dysfunctional team and even more dysfunctional defensive line, and are surprised in the slightest that after a handful of games he couldn't rise to overcome the lack of leadership, effectiveness, direction and determination from his senior players then maybe, just maybe, you also agree with Arsenal FC and Tony Pulis about Serge Gnabry not being good enough for us too.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:

Not odd at all if you actually think about it, and could even be considered as fairly progressive and if anything, completely at odds with the obtuse attitude to player development and recruitment we have become accustomed to.

The only way that he is not going to have a significantly better chance of developing his game further at Stuttgart, is if their defence is like ours in also qualifying to play in the Paralympics

If we are in agreement that our defence could parody the ship of fools, then only Mari, Tierney, Cedric and Mavropanos deserve not to be tarred with that brush by reason of not having been here long enough or having been limited by injuries.

If you want to judge a 19/20 year old by dropping him into the heart of a dysfunctional team and even more dysfunctional defensive line, and are surprised in the slightest that after a handful of games he couldn't rise to overcome the lack of leadership, effectiveness, direction and determination from his senior players then maybe, just maybe, you also agree with Arsenal FC and Tony Pulis about Serge Gnabry not being good enough for us too.

That wasn’t my point, we gave some sub standard players at the back, of he’s deemed good enough then at 22 he should be ok to come back and play, I find it odd he’s barely played for us then was sent out on loan when Artera didn’t fancy him and he now been resent on loan. He’s got to be better than Mustafi, Luiz and Sokratis.

Personally at 22 years of age I’d have brought him back, given him a chance and seen how he does, we know the Bundesligue is pretty weak, we got Kolasinac and Xhaka from there and they are terrible, Nelson also did really well there but has found it much tougher here (in fact many don’t rate him).
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:56 am

He’s a good player hampered by injuries.

Good move by the club really.

Diamond eyes humiliating Raul again
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:29 pm

How likely is the scenario that come the New Year window, Stuttgart completes his transfer for £15M whilst we skip down Holloway Road declaring that like Chelsea we too can make massive profits from reserve players sold, and in the summer Mavropanos finds himself lining up for pre-season with Serge Gnabry, having been sold to Bayern Munich for £35M?
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:58 am

gooney wrote:

He is not worth much and has not shown anything in a good league. He has no future here. Plan is for him to do well in Germany and sell him on. The new contract protect us. You don’t loan out a 22 year old CB if you think he can offer something

That’s funny because at 22 Ricardo Carvalho was on loan he don’t turn out too bad, the likes of Koscielny, Thiago Silva, Van Dijk, Kolo Toure were all playing in some bottom tier leagues and unknown at that age
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football