Konstantinos Mavropanos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (on loan - Stuttgart)

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:32 pm

Santi wrote:
Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:Signed for less than 2m, sold for 5m plus last seasons loan fee. Not bad business for a guy who played less than 10 games for us and got himself sent off.

If he turns out any good then the sell on clause will bring us a few more ££, Stuttgart can't afford anymore at the moment anyway.

Are you kidding?

We bought him as a kid, he’s been playing regularly and performing very well in Germany for a couple seasons and we actually sold him for 3.5 million including the loan fee, the bonuses might not even happen, if you think that 5 million is a good deal when Liverpool sold Brewster who hadn’t even played top level football for 24 million you need to adjust your expectations. With his wages we’ve had to pay since the time we signed him we’re probably not far off breaking even.

It’s an awful deal for a player worth 3-4 times that and I can’t believe anyone would think it was a good deal, as I said before it would have been a good deal back in the 90s, but definitely not now.

If you want to see another awful deal, 50 million for White with only one season at the top level would be one, it’s actually laughable if we pay anywhere near that, he could turn out to be absolute rubbish.

Mate you must spend half your wages on kleenex between wanking and crying all the time, calm down.

Did you watch a single bundesliga game or are you just basing his quality off media reports? Where do you expect a valuation of 20m to come from when his market value on transfermarkt (not gospel but they do it across all players) is 5.4m? Where do you expect Stuttgart to magic up 20m from when they don't have it?

Get a grip and come back to reality, comparing him to a HG kid with English tax...what's the point? 5m + the sell on is fine for guy who has offered us nothing.

And you find an excuse for everything this club does wrong, are you part of their or team or something? I mean there’s Saliba, Arteta, the terrible performances last season, their always seems to be an excuse, at least your consistent with it I guess.

I saw some of his performances, but he’s been rated highly over there, if that’s all they can afford find another buyer, we did for rubbish like Mustafi so I’m sure we can for Mavropanos. It’s become clear our transfer dealings are awful, on someone in complete denial couldn’t see that and this is just another example.

You don’t see any other top clubs selling for peanuts like this, as I said Brewster a championship player with barely a season went for 24 million and with that your entirely argument disintegrates as he wasn’t even playing top level football.

For that money I’d have kept him and given him a go, it’s not even worth selling.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby CaptGooner » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:29 pm

We’re so bad at this, will probably be sold for for a much higher fee within a couple years (I.e Bennacer, Gnabry, Adelaide, Malen, etc.).
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:49 pm

This deal just continues the clearout of players Arteta doesn't want, and ones the club don't care about making steep losses on.

- Ozil had to be paid off, we didn't save a dime by cutting him from the team, but did spend £2.5m for Odegaard's loan

- Kolasinac has a year left, yet we are buying a 15m EUR pubber on top of Soares, as Tierney's backup

- Torreira and Guendouzi - £32m combined, we'll be lucky to get £10m total now. Either would have been preferable to D Ceballos.

- Sokratis and Mustafi - both left early for £0

- Willian - £0.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:55 pm

aniym wrote:This deal just continues the clearout of players Arteta doesn't want, and ones the club don't care about making steep losses on.

- Ozil had to be paid off, we didn't save a dime by cutting him from the team, but did spend £2.5m for Odegaard's loan

- Kolasinac has a year left, yet we are buying a 15m EUR pubber on top of Soares, as Tierney's backup

- Torreira and Guendouzi - £32m combined, we'll be lucky to get £10m total now. Either would have been preferable to D Ceballos.

- Willian - £0.

Yeah, I just read today is the final day of Ozil's contract with us. We were still paying his wages.

It's a lot of waste. KSE must have a lot of faith in Arteta and Edu to rebuild.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby ag6789 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:34 pm

I don't know this Tavares guy being a pubber. He comes from Benefica( decent pedigree, I guess) and is only 21 or less. Far cry from a 30 yr old also ran Kola ( never really settled here), who's likely out of the door already.
Besides, this Tavares fellow will be an understudy to Tierney and not a first choice. So what's the gripe about?
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:42 pm

ag6789 wrote:I don't know this Tavares guy being a pubber. He comes from Benefica( decent pedigree, I guess) and is only 21 or less. Far cry from a 30 yr old also ran Kola ( never really settled here), who's likely out of the door already.
Besides, this Tavares fellow will be an understudy to Tierney and not a first choice. So what's the gripe about?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/06/28/arsenal-nuno-tavares-benfica/

This is why people think he's a pubber. The reaction from his own fans.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:55 am

Instead of Tavares we should be developing Charlie Pattino in that role.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:01 am

Power n Glory wrote:
ag6789 wrote:I don't know this Tavares guy being a pubber. He comes from Benefica( decent pedigree, I guess) and is only 21 or less. Far cry from a 30 yr old also ran Kola ( never really settled here), who's likely out of the door already.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/06/28/arsenal-nuno-tavares-benfica/

This is why people think he's a pubber. The reaction from his own fans.

Yeah I mean not exactly encouraging.

Personally I also think we should be focussing on players who will play more in the 1st 11 first then backups.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:03 am

aniym wrote:This deal just continues the clearout of players Arteta doesn't want, and ones the club don't care about making steep losses on.

- Willian - £0.

Yes a shocking state of affairs, people were actually saying we saved a lot letting Ozil leave 5 months early, truth is with the Odergaard loan we probably spent more!

Arteta hasn’t got a clue to be honest, I don’t trust him at all, I mean the guy wants and entirely new team before he can get anything better than 8th, it’s ridiculous, I’d have sacked him as soon as I found out he couldn’t do anything at all with what he already had, I would have never employed him in the 1st place of course!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Santi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:22 pm

Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:
Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:Signed for less than 2m, sold for 5m plus last seasons loan fee. Not bad business for a guy who played less than 10 games for us and got himself sent off.

If he turns out any good then the sell on clause will bring us a few more ££, Stuttgart can't afford anymore at the moment anyway.

Are you kidding?

We bought him as a kid, he’s been playing regularly and performing very well in Germany for a couple seasons and we actually sold him for 3.5 million including the loan fee, the bonuses might not even happen, if you think that 5 million is a good deal when Liverpool sold Brewster who hadn’t even played top level football for 24 million you need to adjust your expectations. With his wages we’ve had to pay since the time we signed him we’re probably not far off breaking even.

It’s an awful deal for a player worth 3-4 times that and I can’t believe anyone would think it was a good deal, as I said before it would have been a good deal back in the 90s, but definitely not now.

If you want to see another awful deal, 50 million for White with only one season at the top level would be one, it’s actually laughable if we pay anywhere near that, he could turn out to be absolute rubbish.

Mate you must spend half your wages on kleenex between wanking and crying all the time, calm down.

Did you watch a single bundesliga game or are you just basing his quality off media reports? Where do you expect a valuation of 20m to come from when his market value on transfermarkt (not gospel but they do it across all players) is 5.4m? Where do you expect Stuttgart to magic up 20m from when they don't have it?

Get a grip and come back to reality, comparing him to a HG kid with English tax...what's the point? 5m + the sell on is fine for guy who has offered us nothing.

And you find an excuse for everything this club does wrong, are you part of their or team or something? I mean there’s Saliba, Arteta, the terrible performances last season, their always seems to be an excuse, at least your consistent with it I guess.

I saw some of his performances, but he’s been rated highly over there, if that’s all they can afford find another buyer, we did for rubbish like Mustafi so I’m sure we can for Mavropanos. It’s become clear our transfer dealings are awful, on someone in complete denial couldn’t see that and this is just another example.

You don’t see any other top clubs selling for peanuts like this, as I said Brewster a championship player with barely a season went for 24 million and with that your entirely argument disintegrates as he wasn’t even playing top level football.

For that money I’d have kept him and given him a go, it’s not even worth selling.

Need me to send you another box?

Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (on loan - VfB Stuttgart)

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:04 pm

Santi wrote:
Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:
Özim wrote:

Are you kidding?

Need me to send you another box?

Truth hurts doesn’t it?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:29 pm

Yes the point is now moot beyond pure conjecture and speculation having sold the player, but I for one am without any doubt whatsoever that Dino Mavropanos wouldn't have gotten bullied even once like White did against Ivan Toney last night which at one point put me in mind of Bart Simpson getting chinned by Nelson Muntz.

Had Magalhaes'been available, I am equally of the opinion that the Brentford attack would have encountered more of a brick wall able to withstand and blunt their sharpness and expected enthusiasm. And that is my reasoning as to why not retaining the Trojan Warrior as at the very least the viable option in this exact and rather predictable scenario so as to be the insurance policy against the defence lacking the fighting, brutish qualities that the Greek and Brazilian have in abundance.

This is in no way an attack on Benny Blanco, but instead a damning indictment of the logic used to assess a central defensive roster of Magalhaes', White, Mari, Holding and Chambers as superior to one consisting of Magalhaes', Saliba, White, Mavropanos and Mari.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:31 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Yes the point is now moot beyond pure conjecture and speculation having sold the player, but I for one am without any doubt whatsoever that Dino Mavropanos wouldn't have gotten bullied even once like White did against Ivan Toney last night which at one point put me in mind of Bart Simpson constantly getting chinned by Nelson Muntz.

Had Magalhaes'been available, I am equally of the opinion that the Brentford attack would have encountered more of a brick wall able to withstand and blunt their sharpness and expected enthusiasm. And that is my reasoning as to why not retaining the Trojan Warrior as at the very least the viable option in this exact and rather predictable scenario so as to be the insurance policy against the defence lacking the fighting, brutish qualities that the Greek and Brazilian have in abundance.

This is in no way an attack on Benny Blanco, but instead a damning indictment of the logic used to assess a central defensive roster of Magalhaes', White, Mari, Holding and Chambers as superior to one consisting of Magalhaes', Saliba, White, Mavropanos and Mari.

:rofll:
That's gold. I will be using that nickname.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:09 am

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:33 am

In Saliba and Mavrapanos we have two physically dominate center backs. But instead of giving them minutes we are fafing around with Mari, Holding and Chambers.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football