David Luiz

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:51 am

He has been error prone his whole career. Tbh, Ill give him credit for turning up big in these last two FA cup games, but I doubt he removes mistakes from his game. This is what we signed up for when we extended his deal. Its a trade off, which means a couple of good games for a couple of shit ones.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:57 am

Definitely a popular guy and a good influence in the locker room, but I'd rather we got shot of him with our thanks, and no hard feelings. Moot point now that he's renewed and our great CB hopes rest on an injury-prone 19yo.

A leopard doesn't change his stripes, and he will always be a liability when we switch to a back four.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:04 am

aniym wrote:Definitely a popular guy and a good influence in the locker room, but I'd rather we got shot of him with our thanks, and no hard feelings. Moot point now that he's renewed and our great CB hopes rest on an injury-prone 19yo.

A leopard doesn't change his stripes, and he will always be a liability when we switch to a back four.

He's just signed a new contract so will be here for another year.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:36 am

Callum wrote:
aniym wrote:Definitely a popular guy and a good influence in the locker room, but I'd rather we got shot of him with our thanks, and no hard feelings. Moot point now that he's renewed and our great CB hopes rest on an injury-prone 19yo.

Yeah which is why I said it was a moot point. I can understand why we extended; if Pablo Mari or Chambers were available, maybe it would have worked out differently.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:41 am

aniym wrote:
Callum wrote:

Yeah which is why I said it was a moot point. I can understand why we extended; if Pablo Mari or Chambers were available, maybe it would have worked out differently.

I don't mind him staying for another season, really, we just need a quality centre-back to come in so he's not starting each week.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:03 am

Callum wrote:
aniym wrote:
Callum wrote:

I don't mind him staying for another season, really, we just need a quality centre-back to come in so he's not starting each week.

Just need to ensure it's a back 3 he plays in, he cant play in a back four
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:02 am

LMAO wrote:
Angelito wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=1734509#p1734509

That said, if he pockets Giroud in the FA Cup final, all will be forgiven.

All is forgiven.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 am

Well he brought home the bacon in this game thats for sure if he can reduce his fook ups he would be good for us.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:20 am

LMAO wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Yup, that was the Giroud we all remember, mostly anonymous and no help at all.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:23 am

He looks so much better in a back 3, controlled Giroud all game, threw in a few no-nonsense clearances too!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm

I liked how he went straight to the Chelsea players. He knows most of them, played alongside them, won alongside them and lost with them.

Compare that to a certain French striker last year after a European final. couldn't wait to take the piss
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:10 pm

because he's a real man not a cheating pussy
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:12 pm

theHotHead wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Yup, that was the Giroud we all remember, mostly anonymous and no help at all.

In fairness his link up play with Pulisic was dangerous at the start of each half. Had Puli not got injured we'd have been under much more pressure and probably seen more of Oli G. He's the same old player, good flicks and seems to build a nice connection with 1 CAM/Winger (Ramsey/Hazard and now Puli) but leaves a lot to be desired elsewhere.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Godlop » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Giroud is a trash player if he has no one to combine with.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KG3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:45 am

David Luiz is a boss I used to be a massive Koscielny fan especially in his prime but for me we have actually upgraded and it only cost us like 3M if you take away the money we got for Kos and I think Luiz is on less/similar money.

Arteta knows what he’s doing with Luiz exactly like conte knew when he went to Chelsea this guy excelled in back three system, it’s like having a playmaker at CB very useful against teams like City/Liverpool who press high and control the majority of possession as demonstrated in our wins against them recently.

Glad we are keeping him on for another year he’s popular in the dressing room and one of the leaders and a serial winner what’s not to like.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football