David Luiz (23)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:16 pm

Poor day today but better defenders have looked worse at Anfield. I'll judge him more when he's played some more games for us.
User avatar
Callum
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 34473
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:03 am

Reminds me of...
Image
Taxi for Unai
swipe right
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby aniym » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:42 am

This is classic Luiz unfortunately, he isn't suited to be a CB in the age of VAR. I don't regret us buying him, but he would be better suited as a DM capable of pinging long balls to Pepe or linking up with Ceballos/Ozil.

Bring back Chambers to pair up w/ Sokratis until Holding is ready to come back. Play Luiz instead of Xhaka.
aniym
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:49 am

aniym wrote:This is classic Luiz unfortunately, he isn't suited to be a CB in the age of VAR. I don't regret us buying him, but he would be better suited as a DM capable of pinging long balls to Pepe or linking up with Ceballos/Ozil.

Bring back Chambers to pair up w/ Sokratis until Holding is ready to come back. Play Luiz instead of Xhaka.

Probably be saying the same thing about sokratis when he gives away in the same way, bad day for luiz but we knew he would gave these moments just as sokratis will, the CB are a work in progress just as the rest of the side,only positions set in stone are the keeper and the front 3
User avatar
VCC
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby aniym » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:07 am

^^ Sokratis has been very solid for us given his age and relative PL inexperience. Saliba will hopefully be a big upgrade, but for now IMO Sokratis has earned his place in the starting XI.

Luiz on the other hand is a PL veteran, and isn't doing anything different from what we saw at Chelsea. He's 32 and unlikely to adapt his style to our needs so I say play to his strengths; replace Xhaka with him.

Chambers OTOH was POTY at Fulham and probably knows this is his last chance to be a starter for a Top 4-level team. I want to believe he'll step up this year.
aniym
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:19 am

aniym wrote:^^ Sokratis has been very solid for us given his age and relative PL inexperience. Saliba will hopefully be a big upgrade, but for now IMO Sokratis has earned his place in the starting XI.

Luiz on the other hand is a PL veteran, and isn't doing anything different from what we saw at Chelsea. He's 32 and unlikely to adapt his style to our needs so I say play to his strengths; replace Xhaka with him.

Chambers OTOH was POTY at Fulham and probably knows this is his last chance to be a starter for a Top 4-level team. I want to believe he'll step up this year.

Sokratis has been there a season I only buy the age thing for a season after that a player should know the expectations and the cauldron they play in. Sounds harsh but that's what sets aside the talent needed.luiz is not good enough for Arsenal we all probably know that but given the time frame in the window left to get anybody, he is decent acquisition today he had a poor day we had a penalty given away and a free header scored off he will know this, luiz is the same man who won far more headers than sokratis against burnly
User avatar
VCC
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby aniym » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:36 am

The free header was definitely a big mistake. Matip is not a big dude, no way should he have been allowed to get to it first.
aniym
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:19 am

Callum wrote:Poor day today but better defenders have looked worse at Anfield. I'll judge him more when he's played some more games for us.


This.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 15554
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Gunpowder » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:00 am

aniym wrote:The free header was definitely a big mistake. Matip is not a big dude, no way should he have been allowed to get to it first.
He's 195 cm. How big is big for you?
User avatar
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7517
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 pm
Location: İstanbul, Turkey

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:14 am

Gunpowder wrote:
aniym wrote:The free header was definitely a big mistake. Matip is not a big dude, no way should he have been allowed to get to it first.
He's 195 cm. How big is big for you?


7 foot :arse fan:
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 15554
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:22 am

Stop making excuses, he was shite and this performance is exactly why it wasn’t an exciting signing. He’ll do alright but once again we take a bargain bin CB that can just about do a job.
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33263
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:10 am

[url][/url]
Santi wrote:Stop making excuses, he was shite and this performance is exactly why it wasn’t an exciting signing. He’ll do alright but once again we take a bargain bin CB that can just about do a job.


I feel like your shitting on the transfer window we just had, stop being so negative :rolleyes:
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Says the guy who thought we had 45m budget and was still crying for defensive reinforcements.


Now he thinks the window was great cos we got David Luiz last minute???? Amateur fans these days.
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33263
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby ag6789 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:04 pm

I think Luiz playing in front of back four, with Sokratis partnering either Chambers or Holding might be ok for us. He'll have the freedom to roam and take part in attacks occasionally. Never expected him to be tied down in deep defense with his ball playing abilities.
ag6789
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Yago » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:05 pm

He's 2/2 for mistakes leading to a goal in a game
Yago
WC Prediction League winner
WC Prediction League winner
 
Posts: 6763
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fenice and 5 guests