Kroenke and son here to stay for "generations"

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kroenke and son here to stay for "generations"

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Time4Change wrote:Wenger is still the real problem here. Hes been given money to spend, hes been given years to build his team and full support from the board. Yet he has failed time and time again. Yes the board are at fault for not sacking him but ultimately the blame lies with wenger. Compare his situation with the modern manager who is expected to provide instant success and arent afforded the luxury of a decade to build their team. When Wenger fucks off and we get a competent manager I dont think the board will even be an issue. You dont need PSG levels of spending to build a world class team, just look at Spurs or Monaco last year.

Well said!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Time4Change wrote:Wenger is still the real problem here. Hes been given money to spend, hes been given years to build his team and full support from the board. Yet he has failed time and time again. Yes the board are at fault for not sacking him but ultimately the blame lies with wenger. Compare his situation with the modern manager who is expected to provide instant success and arent afforded the luxury of a decade to build their team. When Wenger fucks off and we get a competent manager I dont think the board will even be an issue. You dont need PSG levels of spending to build a world class team, just look at Spurs or Monaco last year.

I keep hearing/reading this but I still don’t understand why he would ultimately be at fault. If you’re a cars salesman, for example, and you’ve never sold a car in your life despite being at the company for years is the car salesman ultimately to blame for not being able to sell cars or is the car salesman’s boss ultimately to blame for keeping the car salesman in his position for so long?

If Wenger was immortal, would he still ultimately be to blame if he went on forever finishing fourth each time and not winning any trophies?

Even if you come at me and say Wenger basically owns the club, the truth of the matter is Wenger still has a boss who can fire him tomorrow. Whoever that person is just doesn't want to do it because he either approves of the work Wenger is doing or has too much respect for Wenger. Reasons that should be unacceptable considering the amount of time, money, and energy pumped into the club by fans, sponsors, shareholders, etc.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Cripps » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Kroenke has f all to do with the shit style and tactics we play. Who we buy etc

That's all Wenger. He has to go
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Both at fault.

Wenger = stupid team selections, isolates players for no reason, can't motivate his team, doesn't buy the players we need till its too late, refuses to compete.

Kronke = Has hired and given a new contract to all of the above, effectively endorsing failure because he know's fk all about football and Gazidis keeps telling him "we are more consistent than any other top team", even though we're no longer a top team.

But yes in this situation where the owner is not going anywhere the only solution is a manager who will do better with the not shabby resources he will have at AFC.

Wenger out.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:23 pm

I hate every w***er in any sort of management position at our club

bonfire night's coming up.....
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:32 am

The thought of the Kroenkes staying on for generations is the most depressing thing imaginable from an Arsenal fan's point of view.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:35 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

I keep hearing/reading this but I still don’t understand why he would ultimately be at fault. If you’re a cars salesman, for example, and you’ve never sold a car in your life despite being at the company for years is the car salesman ultimately to blame for not being able to sell cars or is the car salesman’s boss ultimately to blame for keeping the car salesman in his position for so long?

If Wenger was immortal, would he still ultimately be to blame if he went on forever finishing fourth each time and not winning any trophies?

Even if you come at me and say Wenger basically owns the club, the truth of the matter is Wenger still has a boss who can fire him tomorrow. Whoever that person is just doesn't want to do it because he either approves of the work Wenger is doing or has too much respect for Wenger. Reasons that should be unacceptable considering the amount of time, money, and energy pumped into the club by fans, sponsors, shareholders, etc.

Yeah but its not the case that the salesman never sold a car in his life. The salesman was a top salesman for 10 years and lost his mojo. The car salesman's boss gives him unwavering support and finances to go on training courses but the salesman either doesn't go on the training courses (doesn't buy the right players) or is stuck in the past and refuses to accept that his sales techniques are no longer valid.

Yes, the boss "should" have sacked him long ago, but the ultimate problem is the salesman's refusal to accept help, is insistence that he do everything himself, his refusal to accept criticism, etc etc.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:16 pm

theHotHead wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Yeah but its not the case that the salesman never sold a car in his life. The salesman was a top salesman for 10 years and lost his mojo. The car salesman's boss gives him unwavering support and finances to go on training courses but the salesman either doesn't go on the training courses (doesn't buy the right players) or is stuck in the past and refuses to accept that his sales techniques are no longer valid.

Yes, the boss "should" have sacked him long ago, but the ultimate problem is the salesman's refusal to accept help, is insistence that he do everything himself, his refusal to accept criticism, etc etc.

I don't think the fact that the salesman was one of the best at his job many years ago changes the main point

For the sake of this argument, let’s assume that this car company has just the one salesman since Arsenal can’t have more than one manager.

Now lets assume this salesman worked with 10 more customers giving each extremely bad service. You as one of the customer will do one of two things in this case:

1) You go and complain to the salesman’s boss. Why? Because you know he or she has the power to make sure you don’t receive that type of service the next time you or anyone else walks through the door

Or

2) You find another car company to buy your car from. Why? Because you know there are other car companies who employ salesmen that can provide better service

The point I’m trying to make is: 1) you're frustrated with the salesman for wasting your time now and not because he can't provide the services he used to and 2) you respond by hitting back at the car company or those who own the company because you've lost your patience and they're the only ones that can make things better. Thus making those who own the car company ultimately to blame.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby bedboi » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:44 pm

this salesman is a sociopath that convices you all against reality. also, a bad analogy since he's literally making them money. his boss likes it and doesn't care that all the customers died in horrible crashes. he got the $€£
bedboi
Patrick Vieira

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:30 pm

bedboi wrote:this salesman is a sociopath that convices you all against reality. also, a bad analogy since he's literally making them money. his boss likes it and doesn't care that all the customers died in horrible crashes. he got the $€£

Ok, let me modify the analogy. The salesman in general provides poor service but is able to keep his job for so long because he knows (can attract) wealthy people who’ll help him out and buy cars from him just because they have money to waste
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby starmandb » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Wenger can't find the showroom anymore
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk