Kroenke and son here to stay for "generations"

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kroenke and son here to stay for "generations"

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Mustafi wrote:I am not a fan of Kroenke and I would prefer many owners above him, but I have the feeling that a more ambitious manager than Wenger could get much more out of the club even with Kroenke around.

Need a couple things to happen first some of which includes:

1) whoever’s responsible bringing in a master tactician and excellent man manager
2) whoever’s responsible becoming more lenient with the budget
3) whoever’s responsible drastically improving the youth and scouting setup

Key words being whoever’s responsible. These are people who have shown that they have no ambition themselves wrt success on the pitch.

I for one am not expecting huge improvements after Wenger under the current ownership but hoping and wanting to be proved wrong
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Cripps » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:48 pm

Wenger is the one and only concern for me

That's not to say the board aren't shit cos they are but Wenger deals with the football side of things and that's all I care about and hes flopped

Hes not a winner, he couldn't care less about the club.

Both as bad as each other tbh but when does a board ever change and the manager stays? Never so get rid of Wenger and hope the next manager whoever it may be has the balls to go to the board and tell them straight he wants trophies over money and if they cant deal with it then he walks and next manager does the same and so on and eventually the board will f**k off and die of old age or they change their ways

AGMs are a waste of time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41760850

Read number 5. Made me sick to my stomach and a big reason why its a waste of time as handpicked fans are invited but genuine fans aren't. Absolute disgrace
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DarkskinJahmane » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:37 am

The only hope when AW leaves is that so many good coaches are probably gonna want the job...the board is incompetent but hopefully the available candidates are so good that even they can't mess it up

ppl only worried about AW need to take a look at themselves...he doesn't just give himself contract after contract...these people in control of the club are fine with his performance, that's where the problem is...year after year at these AGMs they tell you about how much they believe AW is the right man to bring the club success with no evidence of this at all...they actually believe this and nothing is gonna change that...if AW wants the job for 10yrs he can have it as long as we have this lot in charge...either they don't care as long as the club is profitable or they have no clue about football...its both

I love AW but he has to step away for the sake of the club...no one is gonna fire him...i get why he stays, money, love for the club, all he has is football, stubborn etc but he has to walk away...not only is the team's performance avg but he has abandoned the philosophy and style of football that made him who he was...i cant think he enjoys the football we play now...his last saving grace is bringing youth through and hopefully the nxt guy continues that
DarkskinJahmane
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DarkskinJahmane » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:07 am

also since the rams are having success with McVay I wonder if the Kroenke's will go that route with Arsenal...obviously not gonna get nagelsmann but I wonder if they would give Arteta a call...I speculated he was being lined up as a successor a long time ago...maybe he was sent to Pep for the final step in his tutelage just in time to take over from AW? can see it happening tbh...and like McVay as long as you hire good experienced assistants you can have success

Imagine Per as academy director and Arteta as HC...would be a fitting end for AW
DarkskinJahmane
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:47 am

I think part of the reason why some want Wenger gone is also to expose the board/Kroenke. It doesn't matter if Wenger loves Arsenal, or how he doesn't receive the same support as City/United/Chelsea managers do. The equation remains constant until Wenger is at Arsenal. Even if we ignore Wenger's stubbornness, tactical flaws, and his incessant desire to play every player out of position, Wenger staying at Arsenal doesn't really allow the fans to turn on the board/club completely. What people want is Wenger to leave, thereby exposing the board, which would ultimately lead to the collapse of Arsenal—setting the stage for real changes at Arsenal.

I'm saying collapse because, after Wenger, I can't see Gazidiz and co. hiring a world-class manager. They'll try to pluck someone unknown - claiming how Wenger was relatively unknown when he took charge of Arsenal. Be prepared for someone like Ryan Giggs or Eddie Howe. That being said, if Mauricio Pellegrino is watching closely, this Southampton job might just be his audition for the Arsenal manager position.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:31 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:Wenger has to go, man!

Once Wenger goes, the board's position is untenable. Wenger being a club legend is why they're getting away with it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... sh-kroenke

Anyway this also happened

Agreed.

Irrespective of whether or not Kroenke stays as long as Wenger leaves and a competent manager comes in and we start competing again nobody will give a shit about Kroenke. Bottom line.
Last edited by theHotHead on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 am

theHotHead wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Wenger has to go, man!

Once Wenger goes, the board's position is untenable. Wenger being a club legend is why they're getting away with it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... sh-kroenke

Anyway this also happened

Irrespective of whether or not Kroenke stays as long as Wenger leaves and a competent manager comes in and we start competing again nobody will give a shit about Kroenke. Bottom line.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31496

If Arsenal is near the top of points to money spent (Which doesn't mean Wenger's the best manager ever or anything btw), then the blame can only be pointed at one man, the man who refuses to spend, Kroenke.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:37 am

We have a small voice at the AGM but the loudest voice at matches. So lets turn up the heat on these f***ers by singing anti Kroenke songs for the whole 90 mins. Lets protest. Lets miss large parts of the matches to show the world we aint having this shit. If you love the club do your bit. Simple.

Loads of donkeys criticised the Wenger Out marches but they raised awareness and made column pages. Instead of critising the marches people need to go on them.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby BexleyGooner » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:37 am

Did anyone else see that cretin Cross on the Debate last night? Nothing more than an apologist for Wenger and the board, trying to say how great the FA cup wins were. At least Merse was there to put him in his place and shut him up. Merse looks at him in a way that you know he’s thinking “what an utter knob”
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CaptGooner » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:59 am

I wish I can use ‘objective metrics’ at my job.

No patience for excuse city when you continuously fail the stated objective.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:09 am

I'm going to mail my boss that I should get a raise because I'm doing more work per net salary than he is. Wish me luck, lads!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:58 am

I can't believe Cross just said that the reason why Kroenke doesn't pour money into Arsenal like Abramovich does is because he doesn't own Arsenal fully. Wow, the man's advocating for Kroenke becoming the sole shareholder - potentially turning Arsenal into a private company.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:22 pm

John Cross chatting shit !! Who fell in love with Wenger ? Clown. Needs a punch in his face too.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Sims wrote:For me this AGM showed me that for certain there are bigger concerns than a Arsene Wenger at the club

It was always the case where I thought Wenger took bullets for the board, now it’s all in the open to see

f***ing Sir chips Keswick. Stupid cancer deserving c***

Wenger takes bullets for a big pay cheque not to protect the board FFS, he is supposed to be a football manager that cares about winning not profit and loss sheets.

The guy is complicit and as Gooneralexis pointed out wenger is the only reason they can get away with this fraud.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Time4Change » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Wenger is still the real problem here. Hes been given money to spend, hes been given years to build his team and full support from the board. Yet he has failed time and time again. Yes the board are at fault for not sacking him but ultimately the blame lies with wenger. Compare his situation with the modern manager who is expected to provide instant success and arent afforded the luxury of a decade to build their team. When Wenger fucks off and we get a competent manager I dont think the board will even be an issue. You dont need PSG levels of spending to build a world class team, just look at Spurs or Monaco last year.
Time4Change
Patrick Vieira

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk