Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:27 pm

Santi wrote:Well you did mention attacking midfield and hes the only one we have that can play there in fairness, wasn't a wild assumption on his part.


It shows you're sensitive and have an obsession with picking out any criticism that can be attributed to Ozil. If you felt deep down that he was doing well you wouldn't be so easily triggered or feel that was an attempt to put the blame on him.

If you say he's the only attacking midfielder we have, doesn't that mean we actually more attacking midfielders? Personally, I feel like the game is moving away from the traditional 10 role, hence why I said attacking midfielder. I get what Ang is trying to say about teams not using them but he's thinking specifically about the 10 role. Ramsey was a CM but more attacking.
Same goes for Cesc. Silva and KDB play as CM's but they're attacking midfielders still.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 pm

All I said was we have 1 attacking midfielder which we do - Özil. You also mentioned left wing of which in my view we have none, unless you count our young Saka who’s been better at left back.

In that sense the lack of goals from those two positions is down to not having options there and Özil not being a goal scorer. Not much else to it.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34504
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:58 pm

Santi wrote:All I said was we have 1 attacking midfielder which we do - Özil. You also mentioned left wing of which in my view we have none, unless you count our young Saka who’s been better at left back.

In that sense the lack of goals from those two positions is down to not having options there and Özil not being a goal scorer. Not much else to it.


Let me start again.....

Not having a left winger or an attacking midfield that can score or assist has hurt us more.


Yes, there isn't much to it but for some reason a simple statement about where we're lacking squad depth has come to this.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Santi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:03 am

Yeah going round in circles, good stuff.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34504
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:43 am

Ang doesn't need you need to defend his honour. It's gone in a circle because you've stepped into something you don't really have an opinion on except to defend your guy. That's cool but it's not really your business if you have nothing else to add.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Santi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:33 pm

Lol at how upset you’ve gotten because I said it wasn’t a wild assumption on his part. Deary me, seems you’re the one obsessed with Özil just in a negative sense.

Now you try come after Cazorla and I’ll actually be bothered.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34504
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Dejan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:35 pm

Keep calm santi

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 25550
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Santi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Dejan wrote:Keep calm santi

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk



Image
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34504
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Santi wrote:Lol at how upset you’ve gotten because I said it wasn’t a wild assumption on his part. Deary me, seems you’re the one obsessed with Özil just in a negative sense.

Now you try come after Cazorla and I’ll actually be bothered.
the

I'm good over here and just making my point. I've been saying for months that Ozil should be playing the Cazorla / Pirlo role. Unlike those that really dislike him, I just poing out his strengths and weaknesses. He still has a place in this squad as long as he continues to put the effort in.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Arsenal's head of football Raul Sanllehi has told club staff that transfers are not a priority this summer. (Standard)
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14249
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby gooney » Fri May 01, 2020 5:09 am

Classy of the club. Our priority is to beat corona. That’s all that matters
gooney
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15205
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby swipe right » Fri May 01, 2020 10:27 am

What has this facker brought to the club? Serious question.
“It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham"
- Angel di Maria
swipe right
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 01, 2020 12:37 pm

gooney wrote:Classy of the club. Our priority is to beat corona. That’s all that matters

I don't think that is what he meant .... but I could be wrong .....
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7475
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 01, 2020 12:46 pm

swipe right wrote:What has this facker brought to the club? Serious question.

Well ... if he was responsible or part responsible for getting rid of Wenger, thats something very profound and deserves congratulations
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7475
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby swipe right » Fri May 01, 2020 11:46 pm

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:What has this facker brought to the club? Serious question.

Well ... if he was responsible or part responsible for getting rid of Wenger, thats something very profound and deserves congratulations

Wasn’t he hired after Gazidis gave his resignation?
“It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham"
- Angel di Maria
swipe right
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests