Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:37 pm

And if they get nobody you will again moan. Like I asked pages back, are we supposed to go and pay a big fee for jordi alba in January? Or 15m+ on some unknown Spanish/Brazilian left back who’s just as risky and could be on the bench when Tierney comes back?

Clear as day we need a left back as Kola can’t stay fit, they’re solving the problem trying to waste as little money as possible and will probs sell Kola in the summer if Kurzawa does ok. If not it’s a years wages and we look to move Kurzawa on anyway.

Can’t just go and spend 300m in January on overpriced players when we’re making a loss already. Emery f***ked this season so we have to do the best with what we have and a couple of loans / smart buys til summer.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34358
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Özim » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:33 pm

Santi wrote:And if they get nobody you will again moan. Like I asked pages back, are we supposed to go and pay a big fee for jordi alba in January? Or 15m+ on some unknown Spanish/Brazilian left back who’s just as risky and could be on the bench when Tierney comes back?

Clear as day we need a left back as Kola can’t stay fit, they’re solving the problem trying to waste as little money as possible and will probs sell Kola in the summer if Kurzawa does ok. If not it’s a years wages and we look to move Kurzawa on anyway.

Can’t just go and spend 300m in January on overpriced players when we’re making a loss already. Emery f***ked this season so we have to do the best with what we have and a couple of loans / smart buys til summer.


It's not our fault the club are incapable of making the right signings is it? If you're happy with us buying 3rd choice proven crock, who a former scout of ours warns lacks hunger and whose own fans are happy to see the back off and continue to waste money just as we have for as long as I can remember then good for you, but those of us who want to see the club progress aren't.

We don't need a full back right now, Saka can play there and if we were to replace Kolasinac then let it be with someone decent who doesn't spend 75% of his time onthe treatment table (we've had enough of those over the year) and whose fans aren't happy to see the back of him.

The 300 million comment is nonsense sorry, you don't have to spend that to get quality players.
Özim
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby VCC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 pm

My question is why are there no defensive players suitable in the youth program, some one is clearly not doing their job.
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8012
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby swipe right » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:26 pm

VCC wrote:My question is why are there no defensive players suitable in the youth program, some one is clearly not doing their job.

Mavrapanos. The guy foisted on Wenger who has done nothing in two entire years. This new administration is a complete failure.
Oh Qua Tanzin Wan
swipe right
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1638
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby gooney » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:24 am

Santi wrote:
swipe right wrote:We started AMN and Saka as full backs and Luis and Mustafi as CBs. As our director of football isn’t it his job to ensure we have genuine quality on the park? What else is he hired to do?



Keep the club afloat and not make a new signing for every injury we get?


f**k me it’s not f***ing football manager. Sometimes you have to deal with shit. Plus they’re trying to sign Kurzawa for left back and people are even moaning about that.

yeah, but thats because he has been terrible for last 2 years and has terrible attitude and not good defender at all. He is actually more hated and less rated by psg fans than us with mustafi
gooney
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15070
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 pm

VCC wrote:My question is why are there no defensive players suitable in the youth program, some one is clearly not doing their job.

I have said this over and over, what is the point of our U23s if they are not able to come in and do a specialist job better than a first teamer being played out of position !!
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7060
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby swipe right » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:13 pm

Football genius Raul sold Krystian Bielik who’s been tearing it up at Derby. Muppet.
Oh Qua Tanzin Wan
swipe right
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1638
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Loool people pining for Bielik when he was completely non existent for us
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13528
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby swipe right » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:40 pm

Ach wrote:Loool people pining for Bielik when he was completely non existent for us

^ This message brought to you by the Gnabry is shit crowd.
Oh Qua Tanzin Wan
swipe right
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1638
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
cron