Raúl Sanllehí

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Raúl Sanllehí

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Arsenal negotiate with Raül Sanllehí

The former FC Barcelona manager has different offers on the table, including Arsenal
Arsenal wants Sanllehí to become the director of operations of the gunner club when he disassociates with Barca

Raül Sanllehí , former FC Barcelona soccer director , has an Arsenal offer on the table to become the new director of operations for the Gunner club when he disassociates with Barça. This is one of the several offers that the exejecutivo azulgrana has received in the last weeks of different European clubs before it is solved the azulgrana liquidation.

Just a couple of weeks , the club confirmed goodbye Raül Sanllehí, framed within operation remodeling of the sports area of the Catalan club . Everything was pending of the classic contractual liquidation, that will not materialize until in a few days.

SPORT already said that Sanllehí , a strong man in negotiations of the signings of Barça in recent years, managed professional proposals to make the leap to the Premier League, whether in Manchester City or Arsenal .

Indeed, Arsenal's offer to become the club's future director of operations is the latest to come. Sanllehí maintains a close friendship with Ivan Gazidis, Arsenal's executive vice president, and since last summer he has tracked a senior executive to direct all market operations in the Emirates following the departure of Richard Law . At the moment, it is one more offer on which Raül Sanllehí must decide.

Source: http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/a ... hi-6377099
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Re: Raül Sanllehí

Postby Zenith » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:01 am

Dick Law's final day at Arsenal Football Club has passed. Raül Sanllehí officially takes over from today on.

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:36 am

Day keeps getting better.

Dick Law was utterly useless.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:18 pm

hooray
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:52 pm

What position does he play
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:03 pm

I'm not sure who at AFC is the one taking an M16 to all Wenger's powers and his colleagues and status quo apparatus but whoever they / he is plus Gazids and Sven ......... are doing a fking great job.

We've brought in talented people to positions of power in the club, talented people Wenger pushed away and advised not to hire.

How do we know this (apart from his comments, Director of Football anyone?), talented people don't accept bit part, sidelined roles, they won't accept being ignored and told to pipe down.

This just opens the curtains to the utter failure we as a club have suffered for way too long being loyal to Wenger and giving him ultimate power and influence.

We used to get praised for sticking by our manager and I also used to think it was better to be stable than do a Chelsea and switch managers every two years, but Wenger has abused his position, he'd rather keep his dictatorship and take everything on himself than put the club first.

Add to that him trying to be competitive whilst restraining himself with his Account mind set.

The day we get rid of this moron the better.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:27 pm

These appointments will only seem like a further removal from what wenger sees as the club he wants to lead.

Im now 99% sure next season is his farewell season.

Time for change.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Zedie wrote:These appointments will only seem like a further removal from what wenger sees as the club he wants to lead.

Im now 99% sure next season is his farewell season.

Time for change.

one season too long.....

circa 2008
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 pm

good news...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Raül Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Zenith » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:06 pm

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-names ... eads-italy

Club names new leaders as Ivan heads to Italy

We can announce that Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham will lead the club following a decision by chief executive Ivan Gazidis to join AC Milan.

Raul, head of football relations, has been appointed as head of football, and Vinai, currently chief commercial officer, becomes managing director.

Josh Kroenke, deputy chairman of Arsenal’s majority owner Kroenke Sports and Entertainment UK, said: “It has been a pleasure working with Ivan. We will miss the wisdom, insight, and energy he brought to our club on a daily basis over the past decade. We are confident we have outstanding people in Raul and Vinai, and we look forward to working with them and coach Unai Emery to continue to move the club forward on and off the pitch.”

Club chairman Sir Chips Keswick said: “Ivan has led Arsenal with skill and dedication and leaves us in a strong position. The club has been transformed and he has recruited talented people, such as Raul, Vinai and of course Unai Emery, who will take us to future success.”

Raul joined us in February after 16 years at Barcelona where he was director of football. Vinai arrived in 2010 from London 2012 and has overseen all our commercial activities.

Raul, who will lead our football activities, said: “Although I joined Arsenal just months ago, I've felt embraced by this great club and part of its family from the first day. I will do everything possible to maintain our strong values which will be as fundamental to our future as they have been in our past. Vinai and I will need everyone's help, to do everything right and secure the success everyone connected to Arsenal wants. I sincerely thank Arsenal’s board for their trust in us and thank Ivan for bringing me to this great club, and for consistently supporting me every day, in every way. It's with overwhelming pride and utmost excitement that I face this new opportunity.”

Vinai, who will oversee all business operations, said: “From the day I joined Arsenal I have always considered it a privilege to serve this great football club, so it’s an honour to take up the position of managing director and lead the club alongside Raul. Together we will work tirelessly with the extraordinary staff we have at Arsenal to respect and enhance our unique history, heritage and values; with the overall objective to bring success to our millions of fans all around the world and make them proud of their club. I thank Stan and Josh Kroenke and the rest of the board for their trust in me, and Ivan for all the support he has given me since I joined the club in 2010.”

Ivan will leave by the end of October and becomes chief executive at AC Milan on December 1. He said: “For the last 10 years I have been privileged to dedicate myself to this great club. Arsenal is entering a new chapter and I have done everything I can to ensure that it is strongly placed to take on that challenge. This includes world-class facilities and outstanding leaders in every sector who carry the values of the club, including, of course, Unai Emery, Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham in whom I have enormous faith.

“We have been building on the club’s progressive social values, leading the way on the women’s game, diversity and inclusion, and establishing the Arsenal Foundation. This will remain central to the club’s philosophy.

“Although it is very hard to do - the hardest decision of my life - I believe that, after 10 years, it is the right time for me to step aside to allow new leadership, energy and ideas to take the club forward into this exciting new era. I believe in the positive force of change, both for me and for the club. I am excited to see what the future holds for this great club and I am energised by a new personal challenge with AC Milan.

“My sincere thanks go to Stan and Josh Kroenke for their support and guidance on everything we have done. To Sir Chips Keswick, Lord Phil Harris, Ken Friar and my wonderful management team and staff, on and off the field, to Arsène Wenger, Unai Emery and to the fans of this giant and incredible club, thank you for your immense support and friendship over so many years and for the wonderful privilege of being part of the journey.

"We lived through many emotions together, the highs and the lows of football, and I am proud to be able to say that I gave this club and its fantastic people everything that I had in me. I am excited and energised for the future for myself and for Arsenal Football Club and I will always hold it in my heart.”
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 am

Arsenal head of football Raul Sanllehi says the club will no longer allow the contracts of key players to enter the final year. (Sunday Telegraph)

Wenger and Ivan humiliated
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:35 am

Arsenal seems to be finally going in the right direction. If only Stan would sell, everything would be perfect
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:10 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal head of football Raul Sanllehi says the club will no longer allow the contracts of key players to enter the final year. (Sunday Telegraph)

Another obvious that went over Wenger's head.

Still remember all the BS he threw at us regarding Ozil and Alexis for months, until we lost one, and signed the other to massive wages because his agent took advantage of the club's desperation.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:05 am

Ach wrote:

The proof of the pudding will be when we see what happens with Ramsey
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:07 am

Tony_Adams wrote:
Ach wrote:

The proof of the pudding will be when we see what happens with Ramsey

Except Ramsey entered the last year of his contract when Ivan was still in charge.

Can't hold Vinai/Raul responsible for something that occurred before they were appointed to their respective positions.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to World Football