Raúl Sanllehí

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Raül Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Mike Dean » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:24 pm

Why hasn't he been sacked yet?

Should be packing his bags alongside Emery.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Mike Dean wrote:Why hasn't he been sacked yet?

He's acted ........... sooner than was expected to be honest and he got us Pepe and Tierney.

I think he's safe now, next appointment will be crucial.

All in all he's not done to bad, previous regime would of given Emery till summer.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

He's acted ........... sooner than was expected to be honest and he got us Pepe and Tierney.

All in all he's not done to bad, previous regime would of given Emery till summer.

Absolutely

Its refreshing how quickly they acted. It shows they have common sense and understand the value of bounce factor that a new coach often brings

It also shows they were willing to burn Emery's wages by having to pay him off rather than let him stay and earn the money, which is encouraging
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Holdini » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:13 pm

Holdini wrote:some of the absolute crap im reading and listening to on the radio. people love going OTT and blowing things out of proportion.

the guy was heralded as a messiah a few months ago when he 'saved our club' with the summer window. now he's the worst operator in the game apparently.

it's as simple as this: he wanted to give unai as much time as possible to turn it around. it was the first manager under his tenure and he didn't want to act hasty. he's done that and it's clearly not working. he'll now give unai the boot.

me :hail:
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Holdini » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:14 pm

well well well, it's been revealed raul and co decided to sack him earlier in the week, well before the frankfurt game. safe to say he's made some people on here and twitter look like absolute mugs :rofll: let me guess he's now the best thing since sliced bread again?
Last edited by Holdini on Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Fenice » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:14 pm

Holdini wrote:
Holdini wrote:some of the absolute crap im reading and listening to on the radio. people love going OTT and blowing things out of proportion.

the guy was heralded as a messiah a few months ago when he 'saved our club' with the summer window. now he's the worst operator in the game apparently.

it's as simple as this: he wanted to give unai as much time as possible to turn it around. it was the first manager under his tenure and he didn't want to act hasty. he's done that and it's clearly not working. he'll now give unai the boot.

me :hail:

He threw away a season. For no good reason. One season less for us supporters. That’s criminal.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:44 pm

Holdini wrote:well well well, it's been revealed raul and co decided to sack him earlier in the week, well before the frankfurt game. safe to say he's made some people on here and twitter look like absolute mugs :rofll: let me guess he's now the best thing since sliced bread again?

I can believe it.

The Edu and Raul backing him articles were likely pure media invention or news from weeks ago raised in discussion.

If Raul is from Barca FC he'll be as cut throat as they come.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Well, Emery did say in the pre-match presser that he was thinking about "today and tomorrow". That tells me he knew, or at least had received very strong hints that his time was up.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:52 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Absolutely

Its refreshing how quickly they acted. It shows they have common sense and understand the value of bounce factor that a new coach often brings

It also shows they were willing to burn Emery's wages by having to pay him off rather than let him stay and earn the money, which is encouraging

Quickly? I'm happy af Emery is finally gone, but the board kept Emery long past his expiration date. At any other big club, Emery would've been fired in May of this year after capitulating in the league when third was ours for the taking and getting smacked in a European final.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Jedi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:52 pm

Changing everyone at the club frantically every 18 months when things aren't going well isn't how they're going to build any success at the club. Just sacking Emery means the next coach will want to clear half the players and get his own. Changing Raul would mean we would have to rebuild the whole thing from ground up. It's just not reasonable.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:57 pm

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Absolutely

Quickly? I'm happy af Emery is finally gone, but the board kept Emery long past his expiration date. At any other big club, Emery would've been fired in May of this year after capitulating in the league when third was ours for the taking and getting smacked in a European final.

Exactly, even this season the time was before or after Leicester at the latest.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:57 pm

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Absolutely

He was given the benefit of the doubt after last season. Fair enough

He blew all his good will chips rapidly this season, and was sacked about five matches after he should have been

Five matches late instead of at least seven years late in Wenger's case

Yes, quickly
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:42 pm

It came at the right time, after a dismal run of results. EL failures were the last straw probably, as we were crushing teams there before October.

Sacking him in the summer would have been absurd. He got 7 points more than Wenger, with Wenger's team, and 5 straight wins in Europe ahead of the EL final.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:48 pm

Had to happen before Norwich I had hoped it had become before the match yesterday so we had a run out before the PL
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:56 pm

aniym wrote:It came at the right time, after a dismal run of results. EL failures were the last straw probably, as we were crushing teams there before October.

Sacking him in the summer would have been absurd. He got 7 points more than Wenger, with Wenger's team, and 5 straight wins in Europe ahead of the EL final.

It would've been the sensible decision after an epic collapse in the league and getting skull f***ked in the EL Final. The writing was on the wall in February. It wasn't going to get better under Emery so to persist with him was naivety (or negligence) of the highest order.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to World Football