Raúl Sanllehí

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Raül Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:16 am

Angelito wrote:We're not going to sack Emery. It's pretty evident.

It will take a spot outside the top-10 and an exit from the EL for the board to consider sacking him.

Good luck to those who wanted to give him more time. He has all the time in the world. He's going nowhere as long as he's still in the EL and Arsenal in the top-8.

As for his replacement, next summer, not Enrique please. He's better than Unai in many ways. Progressive, a bit of a dare devil, passionate. But he's not a great tactician or a coach. He won't f**k up like Unai. He also won't excel. He also brings a lot of media negativity with him and loves taunting the media. It would be a welcome change with the robot we have in charge. I have to admit.

Nonetheless, we can do away with another overrated manager whose ego is bigger than his capabilities as a manager. And, he won't have Messi here to mask his incompetence.

I'd just say no. No offense to Enrique. I respect his and his family's state at this time. Perhaps he would be willing to take over in the summer, which is one of the reasons why Arsenal won't sack Emery. They don't want any one coming in mid-season.

I'm not too optimistic with Sanllehi at the helm after this Emery fiasco. We will basically go through the same issue Barca have/are/will with their managers, where they mostly end up hiring mediocre managers who serve as yes-men to the board. Except we don't have Messi. But we will have plenty of yes-men.

It's pretty pointless now watching the rest of the season. We will finish 5th at best, 7th or 8th at worst. We won't make it to the SFs of the EL. Unlike last season, player morale is low, the players don't seem to like Emery, and the overall environment is negative at Arsenal.

Our board is tone deaf, so I won't expect them to realize any of this before it's too late.

Next summer, change will come. Next summer, we might also lose Auba, Ozil, and Laca.

Sanllehi is the man who has to answer. It doesn't look good.

I hope Ornstein is wrong. I'm sure Raul and Edu's phones have been ringing for a scoop and in such a situation you expect them to give the 'vote of confidence'. All managers get the same sort of vocal support from their bosses before getting sacked. I'm hoping that's the case today.

But if not and he stays until the end of the season....we're in big trouble. I can't imagine they will keep in on if it gets worse and I suspect it's a case of needing to line up the right candidate and not rush. So far, we have been linked with Mourinho and Enrique. Two candidates that look like panic selections. Maybe it's just a timing issue and not complete incompetence to recognise the shambles we have become under Emery.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Holdini » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:09 am

no way he's staying until the end of the season. you can't ignore our form. at current rate there's no chance of a top 6 finish.

i think they're probably waiting a few more weeks to see how things go after the international break, maybe they think a couple of weeks away will clear heads. but you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be making calls and speaking to a couple of candidates. it's the basics of risk management at a business.

we have the likes of city, chelsea and utd coming up soon. if he makes it that far, i suspect those games will be curtains closing. but im not sure he'll even make it that far, we can't even beat the likes of watford, palace and wolves. no fixture is easy at the moment.

he'll be gone soon. patience.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Godlop » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:40 pm

We are below United now who have Ole with a bunch of youth players.

Apparently that's good enough for us :lol: .
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Godlop wrote:We are below United now who have Ole with a bunch of youth players.

Lol what
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Sims » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:22 pm

He doesn’t sack emery within the next two weeks he should be gone as well

It would be gross negligence
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby #ST » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Godlop wrote:We are below United now who have Ole with a bunch of youth players.

We are above ManU
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:50 am

SuperTurrek wrote:

We are above ManU

I don't think that's what he meant. And yes, we are above United and Spurs in the table. And that's because of their own incompetence, not our superiority.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:52 am

elkanofan wrote:Raul is still just a yes man to the big evil which is Kronke.

Even evil has standards, no?
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:26 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Angelito wrote:We're not going to sack Emery. It's pretty evident.

It will take a spot outside the top-10 and an exit from the EL for the board to consider sacking him.

Good luck to those who wanted to give him more time. He has all the time in the world. He's going nowhere as long as he's still in the EL and Arsenal in the top-8.

As for his replacement, next summer, not Enrique please. He's better than Unai in many ways. Progressive, a bit of a dare devil, passionate. But he's not a great tactician or a coach. He won't f**k up like Unai. He also won't excel. He also brings a lot of media negativity with him and loves taunting the media. It would be a welcome change with the robot we have in charge. I have to admit.

Nonetheless, we can do away with another overrated manager whose ego is bigger than his capabilities as a manager. And, he won't have Messi here to mask his incompetence.

I'd just say no. No offense to Enrique. I respect his and his family's state at this time. Perhaps he would be willing to take over in the summer, which is one of the reasons why Arsenal won't sack Emery. They don't want any one coming in mid-season.

I'm not too optimistic with Sanllehi at the helm after this Emery fiasco. We will basically go through the same issue Barca have/are/will with their managers, where they mostly end up hiring mediocre managers who serve as yes-men to the board. Except we don't have Messi. But we will have plenty of yes-men.

It's pretty pointless now watching the rest of the season. We will finish 5th at best, 7th or 8th at worst. We won't make it to the SFs of the EL. Unlike last season, player morale is low, the players don't seem to like Emery, and the overall environment is negative at Arsenal.

Our board is tone deaf, so I won't expect them to realize any of this before it's too late.

Next summer, change will come. Next summer, we might also lose Auba, Ozil, and Laca.

Sanllehi is the man who has to answer. It doesn't look good.

I hope Ornstein is wrong. I'm sure Raul and Edu's phones have been ringing for a scoop and in such a situation you expect them to give the 'vote of confidence'. All managers get the same sort of vocal support from their bosses before getting sacked. I'm hoping that's the case today.

But if not and he stays until the end of the season....we're in big trouble. I can't imagine they will keep in on if it gets worse and I suspect it's a case of needing to line up the right candidate and not rush. So far, we have been linked with Mourinho and Enrique. Two candidates that look like panic selections. Maybe it's just a timing issue and not complete incompetence to recognise the shambles we have become under Emery.

Sadly, this isn't a vote of confidence. Usually, such votes are brief, generic statements of supporting the manager that the board directly issue.

Here's it's Ornstein doing the talking on behalf of the board. As Gooney stated in the Emery Out thread, I wouldn't be surprised if this board looked at our next 6 fixtures: Southampton, Brighton, and Frankfurt at home and Norwich, West Ham, and Leige away—and concluded that these are all winnable games that would paper over the the cracks.

We *are* in big trouble. Yet, we can *still* salvage something out of the season. Top-4 isn't entirely gone as Leicester aren't City or 'Pool. We're still in the EL. There's the FA Cup.

But what the board is doing is waiting until our season is a catastrophic disaster to sack Emery. If Sanllehi doesn't sack Emery within this international break, he should be sacked too. This is the highest level of incompetence a footballing director could show.

First, Sanllehi was part of the team that hired the utterly mediocre Emery. Last season's collapse followed by that humiliation in the EL Final were valid grounds to terminate Emery's contract. He didn't do it. He persisted with Emery. Now, we're playing awfully, we have no style or structure, Emery looks clueless, the players look clueless, and we're already 8 points behind 4th. What is Sanllehi waiting for?

We're at bigger risk with Sanllehi at the helm than Emery if this continues. We can get rid of the coach at any time, but getting rid of Sanllehi is difficult as he has as much power as Wenger did at Arsenal. It's as if we got rid of Wenger - only to hire a manager/coach who's worse than Wenger's worst and a technical director who's also worse than Wenger at his worst. This is some messed up dystopian mayhem.

Of course, Emery could be sacked next week and we could close that chapter. If he isn't, then what? Who is accountable for this gross incompetence? Who is answerable?

This current status quo is holding us back and will make the gap larger between Arsenal and the rest of the big clubs. If our fanbase is smart enough to come to terms with Emery's ineptitude, what is this board waiting for?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:51 am

I take great offense to your calling Emery mediocre. You’re being completely unfair. He’s shit. Mediocre people are much better than this.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elkanofan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 am

Fran Solo wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Raul is still just a yes man to the big evil which is Kronke.

Even evil has standards, no?
That's the whole point of being evil really. Its about getting what you want over standards.

Kronke does not care as long as it gives him profit and a vehicle to extract funds to serve his needs.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:31 am

Sigh.

Checked Orny's recent article on the Athletic.

Basically, the club is blaming AFTV for this "toxic environment," and is also accusing Aubameyang of accentuating negativity by inviting Troopz to the executive box. The board isn't happy with Aubameyang or him being captain.

That's it as far as Arsenal are concerned. Trying to become the modern day Spurs.

They're setting the stage for Auba's exit. They've already insinuated that fans' reaction is responsible for this current lack of form. They're also blaming everyone but themselves with this Emery fiasco, whilst treating a bona fide football star in Ozil like some 3rd grade footballer.

The signs are ominous.

Cannot imagine a board that is so out-of-touch with reality. Probably ManU but it takes one correct recruitment for ManU to win the title again. Arsenal do not have that liberty.

Astonishing.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:36 am

The club is embarrassing these days, they should be looking at the guy managing (or should I say mis-managing the team), he's doing absolutely right, this is our worst start since 1982, that's 37 years ago, that's how poor this guy is, on top of that he doesn't know his best team, can't motivate players, doesn't have a system, has turned one of the most potent attacks in the PL into an attack that looks toothless and despite being defensively minded has managed to make no improvements to our defence. On top of that in 18 months his English has barely improved.

This club has a habit of doing stuff wrong, this is another example, I hope the match going fans make their feelings clear in the next match.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:45 am

Angelito wrote:Sigh.

Basically, the club is blaming AFTV for this "toxic environment," and is also accusing Aubameyang of accentuating negativity by inviting Troopz to the executive box. The board isn't happy with Aubameyang or him being captain.

That's it as far as Arsenal are concerned. Trying to become the modern day Spurs.

They're setting the stage for Auba's exit. They've already insinuated that fans' reaction is responsible for this current lack of form. They're also blaming everyone but themselves with this Emery fiasco, whilst treating a bona fide football star in Ozil like some 3rd grade footballer.

The signs are ominous.

Cannot imagine a board that is so out-of-touch with reality. Probably ManU but it takes one correct recruitment for ManU to win the title again. Arsenal do not have that liberty.

Astonishing.

We are f***ked. If that's true about Aubameyang, surely they question the wisdom of the man that made him captain? Hopefully, Ornstein has a bogus source or he's speaking with someone that has a slightly different view from the rest. But if not, what more can be done? Leave them to it. They'll soon pay for their mistake and I don't know how long they can keep turning their noses up to the fans and expecting to keep bums on seats.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:21 am

Angelito wrote:Sigh.

The signs are ominous.

Astonishing.
My good friend.

I did say this us going to be the worst season in 25 years and now things sadly are only just starting to heat up.

At the end of this. What we as Arsenal fans need to remember is we need to stay together with our love for the club and get rid if those who don't care about Arsenal.

We need to understand the club is quite clearly in crisis. The entire system is broken from uncaring owners at the top who look down on the fans and are out of touch with us real fans.

While I'm not happy with certain players, I'm not happy with how the club has singled out Auba here especially as he can be friends with who ever he likes as far as I'm concerned. This is a clear shameless hit piece due to his contract talks breaking down.

Anyway. I will say it again. #KRONKEOUT is all that matters.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football