why do you follow The Arsenal?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: why do you follow The Arsenal?

Postby Pita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Really I don't know how all started
Pita
Liam Brady

Postby elkanofan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:19 pm

I was invited to a football party.

My Dad a Spurs fan brought me to the shop on the corner to get me a spurs shirt. None of them fit, they where too small.

I walked upstairs and saw the Arsenal kit and wanted it.

It fitted me!

Destiny!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Interest: waning » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:36 pm

All my mates supported them at Primary school and I loved Anelka.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby knowledge93 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
knowledge93 wrote:
I also wasn't aware o trophies and stuff.

............. being an Arsenal fan is not going to help with that I assure you.

5 times Emirates cup winners and current holders. It helps.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:00 pm

knowledge93 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
knowledge93 wrote:

LOOOOL
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 pm

knowledge93 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
knowledge93 wrote:

:doh:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ArkGunner » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:15 pm

I started watching football sometime after Henry signed for Arsenal. Watched him make the opposing player look silly, from that point on I was hooked. Became a huge fan of the sport and the team. Sure do miss those days now.
ArkGunner
Patrick Vieira

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:34 pm

Gs1981 wrote:in the late 80s my brother was a supporter and made sure i supported them, my sons support Arsenal now also.

My condolences.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Tex Texas » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Because Arsenal is the best and most beautiful team in the world and has huge history and its not a fake team.
Arsenal is still the team that represents the origins of real football.

I have followed and supported arsenal 30 years now, started when i was 8 year old kid, my grandmother always watched football on tv :dizzy: on saturdays and sundays, only those days it was on tv at my country.
Grandma just liked watching football, it was rather peculiar, other family members thought.
My brother is also a supporter, only he supported manu first in the late 1980 s.
Independent Finland 1917-2017 100 Years

coyg
Tex Texas
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Goonerz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 am

Long story “shot” :)

My 17 year old Uncle a Man United fan back in the 90’s used to torment me. He always played me in goal, it absolutely pissed me off and made me miserable. I have always wanted to be a Midfielder but my Man United supportig uncle was not having it, i was always grumpy as hell because i was about 7 years old and stuck in goal. My worst nightmare always came when i had to retrieve the ball every time he took a shot. I hated resembling a dog chasing, fetching and retrieving a tennis ball. Smh

One day Arsenal played United and when we got back from the park after playing our football (me mostly in goal), my uncle got a shocker, Arsenal had beaten United and the depression, anguish, stress, grumpiness, suicidal feeling ( :) ) my uncle felt that day made me so happy and gave me a new lease to life.

Then i had to find out what club (Arsenal) were that had taken that smug smile off my uncles face. From that day Arsenal has been my club.

I became an Arsenal fan because Arsenal beat Man United 2 decades ago, that loss made my uncle so depressed. How can you make me a ball boy masquerading as a goalie? Always having to fetch the ball after every shot. What not happy.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Two or three school holidays at my aunties in cricklewood with cousin's who where all gooners bar one..and yes he did..we don't talk him much anymore..Coming from Leeds I pretty much followed the other lads supporting super Leeds as a lad but in playing football in the street which was the norm back then I was often in the last 3-4...ok 2 or 3...alright then 1-2 to get picked for a team ( you never do get over your friends arguing NOT to have you instead of the kid from the neighboring street who had polio and a leg brace) and was told I was playing in defence and to just boot it forward. Once I got labeled the black willy young the dye was cast!
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Gs1981 wrote:in the late 80s my brother was a supporter and made sure i supported them, my sons support Arsenal now also.

My condolences.

Top comment Diamond, funny as f**k
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:51 pm

ArkGunner wrote:I started watching football sometime after Henry signed for Arsenal. Watched him make the opposing player look silly, from that point on I was hooked. Became a huge fan of the sport and the team. Sure do miss those days now.

sorta this with the sweet collared 02 kits and the beautiful flowing way they played
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Goonerz wrote:Long story “shot” :)
One day Arsenal played United and when we got back from the park after playing our football (me mostly in goal), my uncle got a shocker, Arsenal had beaten United and the depression, anguish, stress, grumpiness, suicidal feeling ( :) ) my uncle felt that day made me so happy and gave me a new lease to life.

Then i had to find out what club (Arsenal) were that had taken that smug smile off my uncles face. From that day Arsenal has been my club.

sweet
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:31 pm

Went to see them play in the Fairs Cup vs Porto in 1969 right after moving to London as a kiddo, then when to a few matches here and there. Got hooked beating up on Ajax in the semis. Then the double year w Charlie George et al and it was to a match virtually every week away if possible, always at home always on the NB right behind Bob Wilson or up against the pole closest to the goal. Green parka with fur ruff, silk scarf to be hidden away on the tube, fish and chips at Victoria Station. Away to Liverpool on a Wed night. My mates bailed out, and I saw no other Arsenal coming going or at Anfield. We won 1-0, I cheered and got the worst of their evil stares. Alan Ball (fresh from Everton) running out the time by staying wide and sitting on the ball to take the piss. Good times.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk