Kroenke makes bid for Usmanov share

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kroenke makes bid for Usmanov share

Postby Cripps » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:31 pm

Mike Dean wrote:Everyone keeps talking without even reading the link that Cripps just provided?

Usmanov has come out and said that he is not interested in selling his 30%, no talks are being held, but that his offer to buy Stan's shares still stands.

It hurts to be ignored

I was on phone otherwise id have copied and pasted whole article
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:53 am

I don't know about you guys, but I DO NOT ever want to see the face of transfer windows (especially summer) as a Gunner. The season is enjoyable because of the football. Transfer season is not because it just reminds me how awful we're run as a club, how we have a sell-out of a manager, and how Arsenal's majority shareholder can't wait to make Arsenal a Pvt. Ltd., and start calling its fans, customers rather than fans.

If Usmanov doesn't hold the fort, we're screwed. He's our only hope. It's come down to him and only him, which is amazing because he's not exactly a football purist, but he also seems to be far more in touch with the fans and seems like a person who'd at least pretend to care, who understands that a happy fanbase is the key to a healthy football club.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:19 am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... an-kroenke

Alisher Usmanov has said he will not sell his stake in Arsenal to Stan Kroenke, despite having been offered £525m for it by the club’s majority shareholder. But Usmanov, who owns 30.04% of Arsenal, would be open to selling to a group that had the best interests of the fans at heart.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:23 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:It's not all bad as Kroenke won't want to kill 'the goose that lays the golden egg' if he does it's now all his money that he's losing ... however his US model indicates top ten will be good enough as long as the money keeps coming in ....

Yes it is bad because he won't "kill" the golden goose but he certainly won't pump money into the club.

He'll continue doing what he has been and that's parade us as an elite club ....... when we're not.

If you think he'll turn into an Abramovich I would just point you in the direction of the LA Rams which is actually a team he likes.

The model for us will stay exactly how it is now.

?????

The Rams are one of the better teams this season and have the highest scoring offense in the league (35.5 ppg). If the Rams figure out their defense, then they'll be a serious threat for seasons to come.

As for spending, they have the least amount of salary cap room for this season (< $1m). Yeah, they have hella cap space starting next season ($62.1m in 2018, $102.2m in 2019, $164.5m in 2020), but Kroenke knows he needs to make the Rams a Super Bowl contender fast in order for their LA move to be successful, and that won't happen by skimping.

As with the Cowboys this past weekend, the Rams playing your Hawks on Sunday will be a good yardstick to see how legit they are.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby ESR10 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:24 am

I'm imagining how things would go at Arsenal with Usmanov as majority shareholder. No Wenger probably and no cheap signings anymore. So sad, it won't happen
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:48 am

Mustafi wrote:I'm imagining how things would go at Arsenal with Usmanov as majority shareholder. No Wenger probably and no cheap signings anymore. So sad, it won't happen

One of the biggest injustices of Kroenke getting majority ownership instead of Usmanov is Hazard could've been an Arsenal player.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby ESR10 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:50 am

AOL wrote:
Mustafi wrote:I'm imagining how things would go at Arsenal with Usmanov as majority shareholder. No Wenger probably and no cheap signings anymore. So sad, it won't happen

One of the biggest injustices of Kroenke getting majority ownership instead of Usmanov is Hazard could've been an Arsenal player.

true, one of many
ESR10

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:02 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/04/alisher-usmanov-arsenal-shares-stan-kroenke

Alisher Usmanov has said he will not sell his stake in Arsenal to Stan Kroenke, despite having been offered £525m for it by the club’s majority shareholder. But Usmanov, who owns 30.04% of Arsenal, would be open to selling to a group that had the best interests of the fans at heart.

Usmanov is looking to join his mate at Everton .... "I will sell to a fans group" means I'm looking to sell so put up the cash or Stan gets them .... he is rich enough to not worry about 500m but that doesn't mean he won't ... also I think that to take a large stake in Everton would mean he'd have to sell his Arsenal shares (but not sure on the rules) .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:34 am

EliteKiller wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/04/alisher-usmanov-arsenal-shares-stan-kroenke

Usmanov is looking to join his mate at Everton .... "I will sell to a fans group" means I'm looking to sell so put up the cash or Stan gets them .... he is rich enough to not worry about 500m but that doesn't mean he won't ... also I think that to take a large stake in Everton would mean he'd have to sell his Arsenal shares (but not sure on the rules) .....

Usmanov sells to intermediary to not look like he gave into Kroenke
Kroenke buys from intermediary an year or two later
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk