Now that's over .........

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Now that's over .........

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:18 am

I have said it many times, the squad is good enough to win things, its the manager that is the problem.

This squad can perform in the right conditions - even against the big boys, fact.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:42 am

Cripps wrote:Top 6 would be a success

Anything more is a bonus

That's all I'm expecting

Realistically. One of 6th, 7th or 8th is likely

This.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Dubs4Sam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:35 am

Got Rid of a lot Deadwood out of the squad and wage bill - Some at Good Prices
Kept Sanchez
Bought a Striker
Added to Defence with The Tank

Accidental Decent Window.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:50 am

Although it pains me to say it, I think DG is right. We're no longer a top club, it's that simple.

From the way the board works, to the manager, to the players - we're every bit an "also ran" now. How the club behaves in the transfer market and handling contract renewals is the most unprofessional, ridiculous thing I have ever seen - it's borderline Monty Python at this point.

Worst of all, it's truly disgusting how the club treats its loyal fans who go week in, week out. Apart from Newcastle, I can't think of a club that treats it fans worse - all at a premium price too.

There isn't a single area of the club that is excelling.

This once proud club, has been humiliated to the point where it's now the banter club of choice for fans and pundits alike. Arsenal FC is a running joke.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 am

Net spend champions 17/18

What a time to be alive
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Jedi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:12 am

My expectation have been lowered so much that i would genuinely be over the moon if we got into top 4. Top 6 finish is where i expect us to actually end up.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:14 am

Use this today at work guyz

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:29 am

Luzh 22 wrote:This once proud club, has been humiliated to the point where it's now the banter club of choice for fans and pundits alike. Arsenal FC is a running joke.

And the reason for this i.e why are we the punchline? is because we act like an elite club, "act" being the appropriate word.

While we're acting the part, other clubs are quietly delivering and getting on with business.

Spurs and Liverpool had delusions of grandeur for years and that's why they were so easily mocked, now the shoe is on the other foot.

We act like we're Real Madrid but in actuality we're more like Real Betis.

Yes on any given day we can beat a big team ......... but then we'd say those are the same odds for an Everton, or a Spurs team, on any given day ......... but do we expect it? no we don't, its why we can win an FA Cup but can't get a grade A trophy, the big teams literally don't let us and have the ammo to shut us down.

Unfortunately no matter what players we have, what manager we have, if Kroenke has no intention (see PSG) of turning us into an elite outfit then its NOT going to happen, simple as that.

Managers and players give us slightly better odds but it won't create a dynasty, we'd need an elite squad, a capable manager and a board who demand these things are in place each season for that to happen ............ we all know we don't have that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:32 pm

We haven't played well in any of our 3 games so far. We attacked well against Leicester and then the next two games slowly got worse. Can it get worse than the pool game? IDK, but so far they haven't showed me they can even make the top 6 or 8. I'm thinking more like 10 or 12 to be honest. Throw in the possibility that the players see what a mess of a club this is right now, and may not give their all. As of right now it's really not looking good.

Having said that, this is the time to buckle down and support your team thru thick and thin, and so I will.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Denis_E » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:My expectation have been lowered so much that i would genuinely be over the moon if we got into top 4. Top 6 finish is where i expect us to actually end up.

Precisely what they wanted to achieve all along, when your pathetic standard of success gets dull to the fans, drop below even that shitty standard and then it becomes really an achievement to fo for lol

And now the league title isn't even in anyone's discussions and won't be in our lifetimes

This prick manager and co can now go back to top 3 or 4 finishes never even close to challenging for the next 5 years and people will be euphoric about it
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:04 pm

just get allegri in the summer and the title will be ours in 18/19
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby CaptGooner » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:My expectation have been lowered so much that i would genuinely be over the moon if we got into top 4. Top 6 finish is where i expect us to actually end up.

Wenger has won.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:24 am

Now that's over ---- just three years ago we started the season, not just hoping, but seriously expecting to win the EPL, two years ago we had just Leicester to beat as the other 'big 3' all imploded, did we? no but we still topped the Spuds ... last year we even missed the 'top four trophy' and the Spuds beat us .....

I anyone's book that's three years of failure, three years of going backwards ... funny thing is we spent more money on transfers in those three years than any other three years in our history ..... all makes for an epic fail ....

So where are we? ---- Still got the same failed Wonger as manager, and despite all the money spent we're now no longer looking at winning the EPL, no longer even in the CL .... instead we're paying the same highest ticket prices in the world for the chance to see a 'top four challenge' and a few lesser cup games .... :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

So Now that's over we're the new West Ham ..... or even worse we're become the old Tottenham Hotspur .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:05 pm

EliteKiller wrote: So Now that's over we're the new West Ham ..... or even worse we're become the old Tottenham Hotspur .....

Ouch, low blow.

Tbf though if Spurs finish above us again this year the stick we get will be unbearable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk