Folarin Balogun

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Folarin Balogun (26)

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:13 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:How many games has be played since Arteta arrived?

And how many games has Nketiah played?

You didn't answer the question.
Which of them has looked better in pre-season?

You seem to think I have an agenda for saying it's Nketiah and Balogun looked off the pace today - despite the fact I actually praised him for his good finish earlier in pre-season.
So, who do you think has been better in pre-season? Nketiah or Balogun?

Neither did you.

My point is Balogun has hardly any game time, not a surprise he’s rusty.

You can’t compare them.

What I will say is I think Nketiah isn’t very good, he’s had enough game time.

I'll answer for you.

Nketiah had a far better preseason and looked sharp. Balogun had one moment but looked pretty poor.
They both got game time in pre-season and were both coming into a new season.

I have lost trust in Nketiah to be able to step up, so my view is we should sell him.
However, that does not change the fact that Balogun looks way way off the pace at this juncture.

Certainly if Nketiah stays, he'll get the nod as a backup to the main front players.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:23 pm

Nketiah is done here as he should be, for some reason you support not giving players a chance at all and decide they’re not up to it.

If players don’t a get a chance how do you know how good they are, I don’t mean one game every blue moon by the way, I mean a genuine chance.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:32 pm

Özim wrote:Nketiah is done here as he should be, for some reason you support not giving players a chance at all and decide they’re not up to it.

If players don’t a get a chance how do you know how good they are, I don’t mean one game every blue moon by the way, I mean a genuine chance.

Irony of ironies.
Let me translate what you really mean...

Whoever Arteta doesn't pick needs to be given a chance and when they don't make it to the first team you can use it to drone on about Arteta bad.
If he does choose someone for a few minutes here and there, they are sh*t, because Arteta bad.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:01 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:Nketiah is done here as he should be, for some reason you support not giving players a chance at all and decide they’re not up to it.

Irony of ironies.

Whoever Arteta doesn't pick needs to be given a chance and when they don't make it to the first team you can use it to drone on about Arteta bad.
If he does choose someone for a few minutes here and there, they are sh*t, because Arteta bad.

I’d rather you didn’t translate because clearly you don’t understand at all.

Once again way over the top like you always are. Nketiah has had a chance, he’s played a fair amount of games and not performed, it’s clear he’s very limited.

What I take exception to is players not getting a game, or performing and being dropped, like Saliba and Martinelli.

Either you’re choosing to ignore what I said or you’re not reading posts properly, I’m not sure which one it is.

Nketiah has had plenty of game time, he just hasn’t impressed at all, that’s why the majority of fans don’t rate him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:17 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Irony of ironies.

I’d rather you didn’t translate because clearly you don’t understand at all.

Once again way over the top like you always are. Nketiah has had a chance, he’s played a fair amount of games and not performed, it’s clear he’s very limited.

What I take exception to is players not getting a game, or performing and being dropped, like Saliba and Martinelli.

Either you’re choosing to ignore what I said or you’re not reading posts properly, I’m not sure which one it is.

Nketiah has had plenty of game time, he just hasn’t impressed at all, that’s why the majority of fans don’t rate him.

This is why I know you don't watch much of Arsenal or follow us very closely .
Nketiah got hardly any game time in the league. 400 minutes of mainly sub appearances.

It's that the genuine chance you meant?

Your not making sense because Martinelli played much more than Nketiah in the league yet you cite him as an example of not getting a genuine chance.

Regardless.
The point I was initially making stands.
Looking at Nketiah and Balogun in pre season, Nketiah looks ahead. By a lot.
It's a shame he got injured and will be out for 4 weeks, because he actually looked like our best forward in pre season.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:12 am

jayramfootball wrote:This is why I know you don't watch much of Arsenal or follow us very closely.

Jay - why the need for lines like this?

Mods - everytime someone posts this type of comment, just delete the line and the place will quickly become less toxic.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:30 am

Tony Adams wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:This is why I know you don't watch much of Arsenal or follow us very closely.

Jay - why the need for lines like this?

Mods - everytime someone posts this type of comment, just delete the line and the place will quickly become less toxic.

This particular conversation kicked off with a typical 'drive by' WUM attempt.
Agendas agendas…..

I would welcome those kind of things being deleted.
Like the last match day thread nonsense, which descended into a total joke from the most blatant wumming you can get.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:10 am

I just think it takes two seconds to delete the snide comments. Alternatively if we all try to cut it out then it might go away without the need for mods.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:53 am

Oh come on Tony Adams ... without the snide comments the forum would be a boring hell hole of niceness. Take the characters away from the forum and it would become boring fast ........

As long as people don't overstep the mark there shouldn't be a problem.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:00 pm

Worrying watching him tonight, not just because he was poor, but he also looked very lazy.
I've commented before that he only seems to come alive when the ball comes to him as opposed to working for the team to create openings.
Still a question mark over his attitude I think.
He certainly didn't take his opportunity tonight - if Laca and Auba are fit next week, It might be a while before he sees more minutes.

Might be better to loan him out and bring in another striker before the window closes.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:05 pm

Should have never started, should have been introduced gradually with sub appearance and some game time in the cup.

That’s what any decent manager would do. The guy has hardly played and suddenly he’s put into the 1st 11, it’s a joke.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:09 pm

Özim wrote:Should have never started, should have been introduced gradually with sub appearance and some game time in the cup.

That’s what any decent manager would do. The guy has hardly played and suddenly he’s put into the 1st 11, it’s a joke.

Dude, Laca Auba and Nketiah were out injured or ill.

Balogun talked the talk demanding to start.
He had a huge opportunity and blew it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:11 pm

We had Pepe, he has goals in him I’d have started him in a forward role or even Martinelli.

Balogun is a kid with no experience, he needs to be gradually brought in, he’s had almost no game time in the 1st team.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Gordon Bennit » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:19 pm

Different circumstances but it did reek a little bit of Sanogo playing against Bayern Munich. I thought he was hiding a little bit to be honest but could well be wrong. As said, not the ideal way to bring him in. Are the other 2 really ill or is there something afoot?
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby themessiah » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:30 pm

Out of his depth tonight . No same first league start. Tried, but got bullied. Now that he has the deal, should go out on loan.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to World Football