Are you excited for the new Season?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Are you excited for the new season?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 36

Are you excited for the new Season?

Postby rammixp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:50 pm

So as we get closer to the start of the season and our pre season comes to an end. I wanted to get a sense for how excited supporters on this forum are, for the up and coming season.

For me personally I feel completely apathetic .

Im not excited, I would say I'm bored. The BS surrounding the club with player contracts, the lack of visible change and Wenger being Wenger just makes me feel like we are heading down the same path. I can't see anything beyond a top 4 fight and perhaps a domestic cup run. I think we will be horrible in the EL.

I miss Arsenal being a real passion and something that picks me up allowing me to escape from reality at times. Now it is just frustration, embarrassment and boredom.
Last edited by rammixp on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rammixp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Are you excited for the new Season?

Postby Massa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:57 pm

Always. Otherwise there'd be no point. I don't expect us to do anything, but that doesn't massively rile me up. I'll just enjoy the ride
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Dejan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:12 pm

Not really to be honest. This team doesnt really excite me.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby BexleyGooner » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Massa wrote:Always. Otherwise there'd be no point. I don't expect us to do anything, but that doesn't massively rile me up. I'll just enjoy the ride

Same for me
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby 22-0 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:35 pm

nope
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mess » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:37 pm

I'm excited to have football back every weekend but I'm not excited about our team and have zero expectations. There's a positive side to our perennially underwhelming team though: I decided to follow 1 team per league to get my fix of high quality/exciting football. So this year, i'll watch Arsenal, Juventus, Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. This should be fun!
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:51 pm

It's arsenal, yes I'm excited. We can achieve anything we set our minds to, sometimes the stars have to align for shit to happen but it can happen ie Leicester, Greece, the invincible season.

Yup, I'm under no illusions that the squad is less equipped to hold success in our own hands and more reliant on our opponents not having the rub with injuries and decisions etc, but I still get excited at the possibility of a fresh start.

Things might change 5-10 games in if we have a completely shit start, but even then I'll still love the arsenal.

There's still loads of factors to play into a season so assuming we will automatically flop is a bit premature imo.

What's the alternative, stop watching football and start following cricket ffs? Give it a rest.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Massa wrote:Always. Otherwise there'd be no point. I don't expect us to do anything, but that doesn't massively rile me up. I'll just enjoy the ride

^^^
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 pm

I'm excited, but not as much as I used to be. Although each passing season just means we're one season closer to Wenger leaving. So that excites me! :)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:47 pm

Dejan wrote:Not really to be honest. This team doesnt really excite me.

This.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby diesel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:04 pm

Nuggets wrote:

This.

this again. long since stopped being excited by this team and what we won't achieve. but buzzing for match day, beers, crack, seeing the ground, the badge, the colours. had my last proper meltdown at the Watford facup 6th round defeat at the apathy on and off the park. now just accept we are joke run by greedy self serving bastards because nothing seems to get them out. they have no shame and current crop of players don't seem to understand what this unbelievable club means to a huge fan base. May as well just have a beer, have the banter and see what happens
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ESR10 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Callum wrote:

^^^
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby 22-0 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:15 pm

This isnt arsenal anymore.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:21 pm

diesel wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

This.

this again. long since stopped being excited by this team and what we won't achieve. but buzzing for match day, beers, crack, seeing the ground, the badge, the colours. had my last proper meltdown at the Watford facup 6th round defeat at the apathy on and off the park. now just accept we are joke run by greedy self serving bastards because nothing seems to get them out. they have no shame and current crop of players don't seem to understand what this unbelievable club means to a huge fan base. May as well just have a beer, have the banter and see what happens

:clap:
Nuggets

Postby MesutOzil11 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:40 pm

A lot of negativity in this thread - Shock!

I can't wait for football in general to be back to be honest. It always seems like the longest break during the summer.

That aside, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how our season pans out aswell. There's plenty of reasons to be excited.

- Two new signings. We've finally signed what looks to be a top striker that we've been craving for since RVP left us aswell as a solid left/wing back. There will almost definitely be one or two more players coming in also.

- Our new formation. Judging off the back of last season, we looked very good at times with our new system. Players are obviously still adjusting to it but the signs are very good as it suits a lot of our players better than the 4-2-3-1.

- Point to prove. Let's face it, last season was quite embarrassing in the end. We looked strong up until December and then fell apart completely. Not only does Wenger have a point to prove but so do a lot of the players. If we have another season like last season the fans will be on the backs of Wenger and the players more than ever and the backlash will be far bigger. We have to step up and compete this season. Big time.

- No Champions League. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the competition and it's going to be a massive miss at the Emirates. With us being not being in the CL it now gives us quite an advantage in the league and if recent years are to go by then we could really be in with a shout for the league depending on how far the English teams go. The EL will be a pain but Wenger and Gazidis have made it clear that the league is the priority. We'll more than likely see the kids/fringe players in the EL.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk