Staff Overhaul

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Backroom overhaul.

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 31, 2018 4:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:I'm not convinced that Bould really had much say so in anything with Wenger in charge.

He still "trained" the defence, otherwise what was he doing there? just picking up a cheque?

Not that same as being able to structure them tactically. I don't know that he couldn't, but like I said, I'm not convinced that he had much say. Maybe he did, don't know. Not fussed if he leaves or stays.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Thu May 31, 2018 7:48 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Adams and Henry please. And no I’m not joking!

Lampard has gone to manage Derby. Gerrard is managing Rangers. Giggs is managing the Welsh national team.

Chelsea, Liverpool, and ManU legends respectively.

Henry would easily get such coaching roles in England, Spain, and France. Even in Germany. But no, he wants to continue being a pundit and he's already targeting the Arsenal job.

His monumental ego shouldn't be anywhere near Arsenal. The man thinks he's Pep already.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Thu May 31, 2018 8:04 pm

Wenger offered Henry a job as a coach on the condition it was full time and he stopped doing Sky. Henry made his choice.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu May 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Thought the Adams suggestion would get more hate than Henry tbh :dontknow:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu May 31, 2018 9:04 pm

Henry couldn't even be bothered to coach our youth team.

He can fvck off.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Thu May 31, 2018 10:30 pm

Angelito wrote:

Lampard has gone to manage Derby. Gerrard is managing Rangers. Giggs is managing the Welsh national team.

Henry would easily get such coaching roles in England, Spain, and France. Even in Germany. But no, he wants to continue being a pundit and he's already targeting the Arsenal job.

His monumental ego shouldn't be anywhere near Arsenal. The man thinks he's Pep already.

Eh?

Henry is an assistant manager for the Belgium NT, which allows him to learn his trade working with 3 world class players and still be a pundit for now. Lampard shouldn't have the job he has, hope he fails and Gerrard has gone to a dross league with a shit team to try and get into management.

Henry is winning by far.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu May 31, 2018 10:41 pm

Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Eh?

Henry is an assistant manager for the Belgium NT, which allows him to learn his trade working with 3 world class players and still be a pundit for now. Lampard shouldn't have the job he has, hope he fails and Gerrard has gone to a dross league with a shit team to try and get into management.

Henry is winning by far.

No Lampard wins that little battle

Manager of an established and respected club in the Championship, with a shot at promotion

It's a dream job
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Sims » Thu May 31, 2018 10:42 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Henry couldn't even be bothered to coach our youth team.

He can fvck off.

Neither could Adams

Turned us down to coach in China for the big money instead of forging out a real career

He ended up looking like a right tit after his spell at Granada
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Thu May 31, 2018 10:43 pm

UFGN wrote:
Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Eh?

Henry is winning by far.

No Lampard wins that little battle

Manager of an established and respected club in the Championship, with a shot at promotion

It's a dream job

Disagree and expect him to flop, so let's see.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu May 31, 2018 10:44 pm

Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Henry couldn't even be bothered to coach our youth team.

He can fvck off.

Neither could Adams

Turned us down to coach in China for the big money instead of forging out a real career

He ended up looking like a right tit after his spell at Granada

Adams can fvck off too.

Actual pleb.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Pudpop » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:06 am

But imagine the training ground photos of Henry giving tips to Lacazette and Aubameyang, and Adams getting worked up while shouting at Chambers and Holding

Would be worth it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:54 am

Pudpop wrote:But imagine the training ground photos of Henry giving tips to Lacazette and Aubameyang, and Adams getting worked up while shouting at Chambers and Holding

Would be worth it

:hail:
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:34 pm

Pudpop wrote:But imagine the training ground photos of Henry giving tips to Lacazette and Aubameyang, and Adams getting worked up while shouting at Chambers and Holding

Would be worth it

Henry: That's not how it's done, Alex. You see when I went to Barca and won the UCL, I used to do it like this. Before I joined Arsenal, we had shit strikers. After I left, we had shit strikers. But now you, you don't want to be shit, do you?

Alex: No boss. Just one question. Is that also how you score in cup finals?

Adams: YEARRRRR PASHUN! TACKLE 'IM TACKLE 'IM!

*Grabs Chambers by the scruff of his neck*

"Let me show you how it's done."

On a serious note, you do realize that both Henry and Adams were offered coaching roles here, and they turned us down?

Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Eh?

Henry is winning by far.

It's about the attitude.

Wenger offered Henry a place in the coaching staff. But he didn't want to leave his pundit role. I don't think Pep and Zidane quite did that.

Henry is with the Belgium NT as he's allowed to work under his own terms.

The argument also isn't about Lampard's credentials or where Gerrard is headed. Both have dared to get into management and both have risked their reputation. Lampard didn't sit around expecting the top job at Chelsea. Gerrard didn't.

It shows how enthusiastic and genuine their desire to manage is. They decided to coach teams that weren't all glamorous or glitzy. If they fail, well fair enough - they'd have tried.

Either you start by coaching the B sides if you're in Spain (as Pep did) or you go and start small (as Ancelotti did).

Working with world-class players has no impact in developing a manager's ability. Wenger started with Nancy, Klopp started with the U-10s. SAF started with a side that didn't even have a goalkeeper.

Whoever is winning is irrelevant. Their attitude, however, is reflected.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:41 pm

I think gerrard has the right idea. Go to a decent teamin a crap league. If he wins a few titles in scotland then when Klopp moves on he’ll be in with a chance of the liverpool job.

Adams made the mistake of trying to work his way up from the bottom with wycombe. One failure and you’re written off. He shouldn’t have taken on pompey after harry had left them in a mess either. Thats two ‘hiding to nothing’ jobs and career over.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:33 pm

That or Adam's is just a shit manager?