Staff Overhaul

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Backroom overhaul.

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:53 pm

there won't be a shitshow when he says this is his last year and he's leaving at the end of the season

plus hes often full of shit so don't really care what he says
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Sims wrote:because kroenke gave him it. wenger is still reluctant to give up the throne but seeing as this is possibly the worst ive ever seen arsenal on this planet i think even he knows that its time to relinquish his power

it was a power struggle during the summer, esp between gazidis and arsene. if gazidis had any pride he wouldve left the club as soon as wenger signed the extension, but he's been playing the long game for years and clearly stuck his heels in. sanellhi was the final nail in the coffin for arsene's long term future as far as im concerned

I understand this.

But from what you're saying, I get the feeling that Wenger is so shameless that he'd give anything to stay at Arsenal—even if that's being stripped off his powers and being undermined in the decision-making process.

I doubt Wenger's ego could take that. He's been King at Arsenal for too long. He won't agree to be a mere employee overnight.

It will become clear in the summer. The only question is - IF Wenger leaves in the summer, would it be because he's an honest self-evaluator or because he's simply a bitch boy who can't work with a DoF in an organizational structure.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Anyway, it's either 6 months or 18 months. This is looking like the worst season Wenger has ever had, so I'm inclined to believe he'll be gone, especially with the shift in power.

Remember, the FA Cup gave Wenger a boost because it came at the end of the season. Even if we win the League Cup, it won't come at the end of the season, and I don't really see Wenger winning Europa at this point
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:57 pm

i think it would be a combination of both. for him, two years in a row with no CL football when he went about 20 years with it is probably the worst thing thats happened to him, even worse than marseille's matchfixing scandal, only because that was out of his hands.

i can't envisage a future with arsene wenger in charge of arsenal next season. i know some people are naturally pessimistic to believe he'll stay on and continue this masochistic fetish but his time is genuinely near an end imo
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby coach8smallball » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Sims wrote:i think it would be a combination of both. for him, two years in a row with no CL football when he went about 20 years with it is probably the worst thing thats happened to him, even worse than marseille's matchfixing scandal, only because that was out of his hands.

i can't envisage a future with arsene wenger in charge of arsenal next season. i know some people are naturally pessimistic to believe he'll stay on and continue this masochistic fetish but his time is genuinely near an end imo

that's the way it's looking. sad state, his legacy is getting tarnished more and more with each Shiite game like today.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Palin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:17 pm

i wonder if gazidis purposely tanks this transfer window so he makes sure wenger cant make top4 or win EL then eventually getting fired.
Palin
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:24 pm

Gazidis should try tanking Wenger's pay packet for a couple of months. We'd be Top 4 by mid- February.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:07 pm

well...

ox out, walnuts out, ollie out, sanchez out

auba and mkhi in....

seems the overhaul is in full swing....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:08 pm

With zero squad depth as consequence.

WF, DM, CB and goalkeeper are all of high and immediate importance.

None are addressed.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:18 pm

Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Koscielny - Monreal
Elneny - Wilshere
Ozil
Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang - Lacazette

Bench: Ospina, Holding, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Ramsey, Iwobi, Welbeck

Iwobi has become our second-choice winger, while Welbeck is now our second-choice striker.

Would rather Giroud stayed and Welbeck left.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Zenith wrote:With zero squad depth as consequence.

None are addressed.

many felt the exiting players were not up to snuff... cant all happen in a january transfer window, can it?

never meant "job done and dusted, now, we're good."

many wanted change and change has come.

we dont know what the greek Cb brings yet.

i mean pool just splashed 70m on VVD and lost to swansea and and WBA
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:50 pm

Zenith wrote:With zero squad depth as consequence.

None are addressed.

True

But Walcott, Coquelin, Debuchy and co were hardly playing for us anyway.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:06 pm

Bould has got to go. I refuse to believe Xhaka and Mustafi are inherently terrible at defending.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:18 am

Lovely isn't it?

"Off the pitch, there is uncertainty too.

Wenger, 68, still has another season to go on the two-year deal he signed in May 2017 but around him the boardroom is evolving almost as quickly as his playing squad.

Arsenal already have a new head of recruitment in Sven Mislintat, a new contract negotiator - Huss Farhmy - and a new head of football relations, who starts his role on Thursday - former Barcelona director of football Raul Sanellehi, who replaces Dick Law.

"This is a period of enormous change off the pitch too," Ornstein added. "It is the most change Arsenal have had since Wenger came in [in 1996] - even more than when Stan Kroenke took a majority stake in the club in 2011.

"This is more significant than that for Wenger because it involves the coaching staff and recruitment and it raises serious questions about whether Wenger's power will be diluted."

Wright already feels that is the case.

"He definitely hasn't got the control over the club he had previously and there is so much happening in the background there," Wright stated. "There is a war going on.

"I would like to see Kroenke come over and get everyone to start to work together for the club because that does not seem to be happening at the moment."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42897568
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:35 am

I dont want Kroenke to come over and get everyone to work together. to fill his pockets.

I want him to sell the club and f**k off.
Last edited by Mike Dean on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk