Usmanov £1bn takeover bid

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Usmanov £1bn takeover bid

Postby indy23 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:The day Kroenke became majority share holder the club died a silent death. We should not have a majority shareholder period. No one person should be allowed more than 49% stake in the club. If Kroenke does sell out I hope he breaks up his holding. But of course that will never happen.

Finally something i can mutually agree on with you.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerz » Fri May 19, 2017 8:29 pm

Nuggets wrote:Ironic really we slagged Chelski off because of their Russian and now we want one of our own. :sneaky:

I don't think we want a sugar daddy that is going to spend £400 million a season out of his pocket... Where we are is stable, we have enough money to compete for talent. The problem is that Silent Stan and Wenger have become so stagnant in their respective position; Wenger has become stale, dormant and stagnant, there is nothing new he can bring to the team that he couldn't in the last 10 or so years.. Stan is just a deaf mute.

We need some change, change is what human nature demands time and time again. Either Wenger leaves or start acting like a competent manager he once was. One of Stan or Wenger has got to go or change their attitude or we will be regurgitating the same frustrations we have for the past 5 to 10 years..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby indy23 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 pm

Ithink 400 million is an exaggeration.. I would like the owner to be more invested in club not jusr using it as an asset value to acquire wealth
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Fri May 19, 2017 8:40 pm

If you can't beat them, join them
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Stan makes a profit hopefully usmanov blows him outta the water with a follow up bid. I assume constructing these deals take time so hopefully another bid ina few months. Kroenke really doesnt have any pressure to sell though... And he is all about the longterm asset property and land tycoon.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 19, 2017 10:03 pm

tazza40 wrote:Russian mafia guy, not the right owner who will just keep sacking managers every year or 2

I have no problem with that. If the manager is not good enough why should he stay in his job.

The romantic notion of the old school manager is finished, football is a business first and a sport second. I have finally accepted that. And he is not Russian mafia and he did his crime and his time. Do you think the oil barons are nice people ???
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 pm

Nuggets wrote:Ironic really we slagged Chelski off because of their Russian and now we want one of our own. :sneaky:

We took the moral high ground because of Wenger and his stance, we thought FFP would level the playing field because of Wenger and his stance. We now know it is not possible to compete with 2 arms tied behind your back (Leicester aside), so if they come to the fight with a bazooka, no point us having musket.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby MecurialGooner » Fri May 19, 2017 10:16 pm

I couldn't care less if we sack managers after 2 years. I'd prefer we didn't, but if the manager can't do the job, get someone who can.

We've already gone down the path of taking the moral high ground, and trying to be the odd one out, trying to be that special little family club that backs a manager for 21 years until they become old, senile and outdated. We've done that for long enough.

The results are dreadful. It's f**king shit and we all know it is. I want to win titles now.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Fri May 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Every single one of us would take Chelseas last 12 years over ours. Managers galore but trophies as well. But more importantly, hope. Excitement. Something different.

Trophies have never been the be all and end all for me. But seeing the same shit every season is too much.

Hell I'd take Chelseas last 3 years over ours. 2 titles and a 10th

Us? Top four trophies. Yay. Well that's not even sure of this year.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Never going to happen.

Not sure why people are getting so excited about this. Kroenke is in it for the long haul and that bid probably isn't enough.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Sat May 20, 2017 1:28 am

I doubt Kroenke sells.

But to get on the hype train: LEGGO! My body is ready for £200MM transfer windows.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat May 20, 2017 3:51 am

KGB connects need to wig Kroenke.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Nuggets » Sat May 20, 2017 7:08 am

Methinks it's a pipe dream at the minute, we really need to be loosing everything, gate revenues need to be going down results need to be shit, it's a sad day when you have to wish such negativity for your club but without it these pair of tossers will never go. Stinking Stan is only concerned about money and w***er is only concerned about control, we are in deep shit with this pair.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 20, 2017 8:09 am

Cripps wrote:Every single one of us would take Chelseas last 12 years over ours. Managers galore but trophies as well. But more importantly, hope. Excitement. Something different.

Trophies have never been the be all and end all for me. But seeing the same shit every season is too much.

Hell I'd take Chelseas last 3 years over ours. 2 titles and a 10th

Us? Top four trophies. Yay. Well that's not even sure of this year.

Damn right, I'm not that fussed about trophies, I am far more fussed about being competitive. We are a facade of a top club, a shell. Its interesting because Spurs have not spent massive amounts (net spend) but have challenged for the last 2 seasons but they realise to be able to compete financially they need to move to a larger stadium. The bottom line is any club with aspirations of mixing with the big boys needs big revenue.

Wealthy owners is the only way - unless you have a brilliant manager who can get the most out of his players and he will need to do that magic trick season after season or get swamped by the 5 -7 other teams that do have wealthy owners
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunpowder » Sat May 20, 2017 8:43 am

Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk