Usmanov £1bn takeover bid

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Usmanov £1bn takeover bid

Postby Sims » Sat May 20, 2017 9:04 am

He has a weird way of showing it
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby BexleyGooner » Sat May 20, 2017 9:06 am

Gunpowder wrote:

Yeah right :dizzy:

He's already had plenty long enough to do it. Blokes a greedy clown.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:07 am

Bull f***ing shit. Clown.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 am

Is everyone at Arsenal deluded?

Wenger thinks that Arsenal are the most successful club in the last 20 years. Kroenke is making sure Arsenal become a Euro elite. Dick Law is still a transfer negotiator. Our medical team is equipped with cutting-edge sports science, diet, and nutrition framework. Theo Walcott probably thinks he's the current version of CR7, with the goals he's poached.

Strange.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat May 20, 2017 9:15 am

Anybody would be a massive upgrade on Kroenke.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 20, 2017 9:49 am

Probably made up story so we go into the last game of the season talking about this rather than planning a big end of season Wenger Out protest.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:53 am

Tony_Adams wrote:Probably made up story so we go into the last game of the season talking about this rather than planning a big end of season Wenger Out protest.

It's not made up at all.

It's perfectly timed by Usmanov but he's only testing the water to see how much backing he will get from this.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Sat May 20, 2017 10:41 am

This is a pretty unpopular opinion but i'm not convinced anymore that Kroenke is the problem...

If we look at net spend in the last five years Arsenal is 3rd in EPL, in front of both Chelsea and Liverpool. £80 mil of that being spent after finishing 2nd in the league so i don't see Kroenke really blocking the success of this club apart from keeping Wenger as the manager. If we spend again this summer, and i feel like we will break £100 mil, i will be forced to shift the entirety of the blame on Wenger.

Inbefore "Chelsea had a better squad so they didn't have to spend money." That's beside the point. Based on our net spend we should have a better team and we should have more success both domestically and in the CL
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:52 am

Jedieurokrem wrote:This is a pretty unpopular opinion but i'm not convinced anymore that Kroenke is the problem...

If we look at net spend in the last five years Arsenal is 3rd in EPL, in front of both Chelsea and Liverpool. £80 mil of that being spent after finishing 2nd in the league so i don't see Kroenke really blocking the success of this club apart from keeping Wenger as the manager. If we spend again this summer, and i feel like we will break £100 mil, i will be forced to shift the entirety of the blame on Wenger.

Inbefore "Chelsea had a better squad so they didn't have to spend money." That's beside the point. Based on our net spend we should have a better team and we should have more success both domestically and in the CL

Arsenal isn't his priority. We mean nothing to him. We are nothing but a nice little cash flow to him. If he cared about the club and actually wanted us to be elite he would be pumping in money left, right and centre and would of let Wenger go at the end of 2014.

Instead, we are in the worst place we've been in years yet Kroenke hasn't come out and said a word. When was the last time we even heard from him? Wenger is likely to sign an extension, given some more money, a few changes behind the scenes and that will be that.

With all Wenger faults, Kroenke has been the main source of the problem since day one.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby MecurialGooner » Sat May 20, 2017 11:02 am

:pray: :pray:
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat May 20, 2017 11:08 am

MecurialGooner wrote:I couldn't care less if we sack managers after 2 years. I'd prefer we didn't, but if the manager can't do the job, get someone who can.

We've already gone down the path of taking the moral high ground, and trying to be the odd one out, trying to be that special little family club that backs a manager for 21 years until they become old, senile and outdated. We've done that for long enough.

The results are dreadful. It's f**king shit and we all know it is. I want to win titles now.

Completely agree. It's time we caught up.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat May 20, 2017 11:13 am

Nuggets wrote:Ironic really we slagged Chelski off because of their Russian and now we want one of our own. :sneaky:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=uzbekis ... YQ_AUICigB
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sat May 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Stan Kroenke reassures Arsenal board he will not sell club to Alisher Usmanov - even for £1 billion................Stinking Stan won't sell, fook thats bad news.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:This is a pretty unpopular opinion but i'm not convinced anymore that Kroenke is the problem...

You are right, Wenger is the problem. But Kroenke being the owner should be putting pressure on Wenger to provide better results and he isn't.

So Kroenke needs to go too. We need an owner that puts the club and the fans - the lifeblood of ANY football club - first.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Nuggets wrote:Stan Kroenke reassures Arsenal board he will not sell club to Alisher Usmanov - even for £1 billion................Stinking Stan won't sell, fook thats bad news.

Quotes? Link?
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk