Europa League ~ The New Home of Arsenal

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

It's on - again!

Yay
77%
Nay
23%

Total votes : 13

Re: Europa League ~ The New Home of Arsenal

Postby starmandb » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:33 pm

GunnerGunnerGunner99 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzCGqw5WoRo

You wont see this in England :D

And red star went on to lose the game 2-0 at home to partizan
The season before we had won 3-1 at partizan Belgrade featuring Gibbs and wilshere
Lacazette played in a 1-1 draw in Serbia with France in 2014
And last year Ramsey scored a penalty with a panenka for Wales in Serbia in a 1-1 draw
Heard all the welcome to hell bollocks before
We have players that have played all over the world
Should we have a bad result it will have f**k all to do with the crowd
I expect us to get a good one
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Re: Europa League Draw

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 pm

Cripps wrote:
Andrew wrote:f**k this cup. It's all about the league

We aren't winning the league lol

I know right, we just lost to Stoke ffs.

The Europa league could be our only bit of fun this year like the FA Cup was last year.

And like 1990 said (whatever his name is) we can keep acting like the Europa is beneath us but the truth is if its so beneath us it should be in the bag and again, we're becoming like that girl who's average but thinks she's hot then she goes to a party and is surrounded by Super models.

How many times are we going to get spanked out of the CL before we realise the last time we were truly equipped to play with the big boys was back when Henry was here?

There is a reason we've not won a major trophy for a decade and its not down to bad luck.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: Europa League Draw

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:36 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Andrew wrote:f**k this cup. It's all about the league

We aren't winning the league lol

I know right, we just lost to Stoke ffs.

The Europa league could be our only bit of fun this year like the FA Cup was last year.

And like 1990 said (whatever his name is) we can keep acting like the Europa is beneath us but the truth is if its so beneath us it should be in the bag and again, we're becoming like that girl who's average but thinks she's hot then she goes to a party and is surrounded by Super models.

How many times are we going to get spanked out of the CL before we realise the last time we were truly equipped to play with the big boys was back when Henry was here?

There is a reason we've not won a major trophy for a decade and its not down to bad luck.

True, we have a turd for a manager and a sh1t team.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:06 am

Anyone that thinks we can't win this trophy is crackers.

Its a good thing to be in this tournament, giving fringe players experience and a run out while comfortably beating 90% of the teams in the competition is a great thing for Arsenal. We can pick stronger squads further into the competition.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:13 pm

UEFA is launching an investigation into both FC Koln and Arsenal

FC Koln are being charged with their fan's behaviour
Arsenal are being charged with the ticketing and seating issues, and the presence of Theo Walcott on the football pitch
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:50 pm

LOOOL. Theo .....
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Belgrade » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Does anyone need help in Belgrade ? i can find him place to stay , good party , ticket ! Just say what you need in Belgrade and its all done !
Belgrade
Liam Brady

Postby Cripps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Arsenal's diastrous failure to qualify for this season's Champions League did have one silver lining: the opportunity for Arsene Wenger to win the first European trophy of his career and a first for Arsenal since their Cup Winners' Cup win over Parma in 1994.

When the draw for the Europa League group stages was made, there were few teams who would have frightened Wenger. Indeed, their strongest rivals right now are Roberto Mancini's Zenit St Petersburg, crisis-hit AC Milan and the likes of Villarreal, Lazio and Marseille.

However, this week's Champions League results mean that the knockout phase of the Europa League is going to get a whole lot tougher for Arsenal because it's not only the aforementioned Atletico and Dortmund who are struggling.

Serial Europa League winners Sevilla slipped from top to third in Group E after a shocking 5-1 loss at Spartak Moscow, while even an excellent Napoli side are now third-favourites to make it out of Group F after losing two of their opening three fixtures.

Should Sevilla, Atletico and the league leaders in both Germany and Italy drop down into the Europa League, it could end Arsenal's chances of salvaging anything from what could be another miserable season in north London.

So we won't be winning this then. No chance of top 4.

Europa next season. Hoping the CL teams coming down to the Europa are worse next year so we have a chance.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby arsenalpan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Cripps wrote:
Arsenal's diastrous failure to qualify for this season's Champions League did have one silver lining: the opportunity for Arsene Wenger to win the first European trophy of his career and a first for Arsenal since their Cup Winners' Cup win over Parma in 1994.

When the draw for the Europa League group stages was made, there were few teams who would have frightened Wenger. Indeed, their strongest rivals right now are Roberto Mancini's Zenit St Petersburg, crisis-hit AC Milan and the likes of Villarreal, Lazio and Marseille.

However, this week's Champions League results mean that the knockout phase of the Europa League is going to get a whole lot tougher for Arsenal because it's not only the aforementioned Atletico and Dortmund who are struggling.

Serial Europa League winners Sevilla slipped from top to third in Group E after a shocking 5-1 loss at Spartak Moscow, while even an excellent Napoli side are now third-favourites to make it out of Group F after losing two of their opening three fixtures.

Should Sevilla, Atletico and the league leaders in both Germany and Italy drop down into the Europa League, it could end Arsenal's chances of salvaging anything from what could be another miserable season in north London.

So we won't be winning this then. No chance of top 4.

Europa next season. Hoping the CL teams coming down to the Europa are worse next year so we have a chance.

With Ozil and Sanchez leaving in January, we will probably end this season at 9th or 10th. So no more CL or EL games next year.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Interest: waning » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:31 pm

The gods detest us.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Interest: waning » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm seeing if Palace stay up this season so I can support another team as well as Arsenal that won't be such a f***ing anal fissure on my life. They're more local too.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cripps » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 am

One round of games left in the CL

Teams with a chance to drop to the Europa

A - Man Utd (unlikely as it needs them to lose by 4 in their last game), Basel or CSKA
B - Celtic or Anderlecht
C - Roma or Atletico. Probably Atletico as they have to win at Stamford Bridge and hope Roma f up v Qarabag
D - Juve or Sporting
E - Liverpool (unlikely as they have to lose by a big score) Sevilla or Spartak
F - Napoli or Shakthar
G - Porto or Leipzig
H - Dortmund or Apoel

Don't want Dortmund or Napoli. Atletico are shit these days with Simeone finished so would take them. Hope Juve get 2nd.

We all want Celtic I assume?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:46 am

I fancy us against ANY of those teams across 2 legs ! Arsenal MUST win this trophy, it will be a slap in the face and a dose of reality if we don't
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:38 am

theHotHead wrote:I fancy us against ANY of those teams across 2 legs ! Arsenal MUST win this trophy, it will be a slap in the face and a dose of reality if we don't

Hmmmm with our reserve team?

I'm not so sure, depends who they field.

I wonder once we progress further if Wenger will see the light at the end of the tunnel and put out the first team when / if needed?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:36 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I fancy us against ANY of those teams across 2 legs ! Arsenal MUST win this trophy, it will be a slap in the face and a dose of reality if we don't

Hmmmm with our reserve team?

I'm not so sure, depends who they field.

I wonder once we progress further if Wenger will see the light at the end of the tunnel and put out the first team when / if needed?

Have Ozil/Sanchez played or is Wenger making sure they're available for CL?

I hope we play our proper team next round. We can win it easily
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk