Eddie Nketiah (30)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby StockGooner » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:08 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Big Poppa wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Nketiah has played 98 minutes in the PL this season and scored 1 goal - a game winner.
Auba has scored 1 goal in 540 minutes ( a meaningless goal when we were already 2-0 up and cruising)

One is a 21 yr old kid on 18k a week.
The other is a 31yr old on 350k a week.

...and some morons want to dig out the kid for our poor start.

Sell Auba in January - we might get a decent fee for him now he is on a 3 year contract.

One has scored 20+ league goals for the past 5 seasons in a row and has outscored Salah, Kane, Vardy and Aguero since his arrival while the other couldn’t get a start for a side in the Championship and had to be sent back halfway through a loan.

Auba earned his contract but is not going to keep pulling a rabbit out of his arse while we play slow, turgid defensive football.

Who cares what he had done in the past?
At the moment Auba is the worst of our strikers and reaching the trail end of his career.

Ironic that you will want Ozil in the team despite saying asking "Who cares what he had done in the past?" about Auba
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:10 pm

StockGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Big Poppa wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Nketiah has played 98 minutes in the PL this season and scored 1 goal - a game winner.
Auba has scored 1 goal in 540 minutes ( a meaningless goal when we were already 2-0 up and cruising)

One is a 21 yr old kid on 18k a week.
The other is a 31yr old on 350k a week.

...and some morons want to dig out the kid for our poor start.

Sell Auba in January - we might get a decent fee for him now he is on a 3 year contract.

One has scored 20+ league goals for the past 5 seasons in a row and has outscored Salah, Kane, Vardy and Aguero since his arrival while the other couldn’t get a start for a side in the Championship and had to be sent back halfway through a loan.

Auba earned his contract but is not going to keep pulling a rabbit out of his arse while we play slow, turgid defensive football.

Who cares what he had done in the past?
At the moment Auba is the worst of our strikers and reaching the trail end of his career.

Ironic that you will want Ozil in the team despite saying asking "Who cares what he had done in the past?" about Auba

I am not worried about Ozil has done in the past either - I just know he's better than anyone we have in the squad right now in central midfield positions in terms of creativity. Given we are utterly useless this year at creating chances, it makes no sense to not be playing Ozil, who created more chances than any other player per 90 minutes played even last year.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ag6789 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Ozil is problem not a solution. He has lost pace and cannot drive forward. He would be making stupid back and sideways safe passes and then be sulking in one corner.
There isn't any Sanchez or Cazorla to bail him out anymore.
ag6789
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:30 pm

ag6789 wrote:Ozil is problem not a solution. He has lost pace and cannot drive forward. He would be making stupid back and sideways safe passes and then be sulking in one corner.
There isn't any Sanchez or Cazorla to bail him out anymore.

Whatever , dude. Take it to the Ozil thread.
Fact is we have banished our most creative player when we're struggling to create.
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby aniym » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:45 pm

Eddie needs to go to a club where he can start consistently. Not these half measures of sending him to the Championship for 4 months at a time.

He shouldn't be starting for us at all, not in Europe, or in domestic cups. Once Martinelli returns, he really should go off somewhere for a year.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Godlop » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:48 pm

We struggled to create even with Özil in the team. Sad Truth that Özil fanboys still can't accept.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Godlop wrote:We struggled to create even with Özil in the team. Sad Truth that Özil fanboys still can't accept.

so do we create more or less with ozil. If you think the team can create more with no ozil, then say it. Saying we werent great with ozil either is not the point. We are bottom 3 in creating chances in the league and bottom 3 in expected goals. Would we be that with ozil in the team?
gooney
SE13
SE13

Postby Big Poppa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:01 pm

gooney wrote:
Godlop wrote:We struggled to create even with Özil in the team. Sad Truth that Özil fanboys still can't accept.

so do we create more or less with ozil. If you think the team can create more with no ozil, then say it. Saying we werent great with ozil either is not the point. We are bottom 3 in creating chances in the league and bottom 3 in expected goals. Would we be that with ozil in the team?

This is because of Xhaka. He’s the first receiver in midfield more often than not he plays square or backwards underhit passes. We fell off a cliff creatively since Cazorla got injured - Ozil and Sanchez’s form nosedived after that too.
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Another goal - love to see it.

Should have had more goals - missed some good chances last night but it's good to see kid get into scoring positions so often. He's always looking to move where the ball may break.

He has 3 goals now in 414 minutes of play across the PL, EL and League Cup.
If he can maintain that rate it is truly excellent for a 21yr old and compares well to even top strikers - a goal every 138 minutes for Arsenal's first team across the 3 competitions.

His value is going up.
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:15 pm

Missed an absolute sitter but scored the chance after which is a good sign of a good mentality.

Not good enough overall for us but if we can get 20m+ for him from someone dumb enough to pay it, that'll be great. Eddie Howe leaving Bournemouth was a major blow for us.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:23 pm

Ach wrote:Missed an absolute sitter but scored the chance after which is a good sign of a good mentality.

Not good enough overall for us but if we can get 20m+ for him from someone dumb enough to pay it, that'll be great. Eddie Howe leaving Bournemouth was a major blow for us.

He missed 3 good chances last night - so needs to get better at this level in terms of finishing.
Selling him now would be stupid - a dumb ass move.

He's now scored 10 senior goals for us in just 1700 minutes of play from the age of 17-21.
You don't sell a player like that yet.

With Balogun coming through - IF he can make the same impact Eddie has and IF he signs a new deal - we have choices.

Right now Transfermarkt values Eddie at £18m.
If he keeps scoring at the current rate he'll be worth at least £30m by the end of the season.

Dont forget Auba and Laca are on their last legs - they are not going to be Arsenal players for much longer. Simply are not part of our future. I'd prefer us not to have to splash huge amounts fo cash on a player in 2 years time - a play the lottery on whether we'll actually get someone who can provide the goals.

If we can sign Balogun up and he can mature at a decent rate - we have Eddie, Martinelli and Balogun.
Players like Calvert Lewin show what can happen if you give young players a chance instead of splashing cash on the latest mercenary.
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rayyo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:12 pm

the kid smashes goals in for the unders and also england juniors so he clearly has something. he is a bit frustrating for us in the first team and misses quite a lot of chances but i wouldnt write him off yet, things could change quite quickly with more game time under his belt + maturity.

his movement is very good so at least he's getting in the right positions. but if a decent offer came in then we should take it and re-invest in an aouar type player.

i mean we should easily be getting 30m for him as he has a lot of potential and has broken records for the juniors. and seeing as brewster, who has 0 PL minutes, went for 20m its something we should be aiming for. the problem is i dont have faith our hierarchy will even get 20m for him. if it was liverpool they'd probably get 35m for him.
Rayyo
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Rayyo wrote:the kid smashes goals in for the unders and also england juniors so he clearly has something. he is a bit underwhelming for us in the first team and misses quite a lot of chances but i wouldnt write him off yet, things could change quite quickly with more game time under his belt + maturity.

his movement is very good so at least he's getting in the right positions. but if a decent offer came in then we should take it and re-invest in an aouar type player.

i mean we should easily be getting 30m for him as he has a lot of potential and has broken records for the juniors. and seeing as brewster, who has 0 PL minutes, went for 20m its something we should be aiming for. the problem is i dont have faith our hierarchy will even get 20m for him. if it was liverpool they'd probably get 35m for him.

He's also scoring for the 1st team.
We won't get 30m for him.
I believe Arsenal will see how he does this year and depending on that make a decision on whether he warrants the next step up in terms of game time and starting more games.
Right now he is on course to get 15-20 goals for the first team this season across all competitions - if he does that he'll break through further for us next season.
Calvert Lewin had his breakthrough season of 15 goals last year at the age of 22.
Eddie is 21.

Selling off young players and relying on huge transfers to keep us competitive is a fools game.
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:20 pm

Good prospect
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rayyo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:20 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Rayyo wrote:the kid smashes goals in for the unders and also england juniors so he clearly has something. he is a bit underwhelming for us in the first team and misses quite a lot of chances but i wouldnt write him off yet, things could change quite quickly with more game time under his belt + maturity.

He's also scoring for the 1st team.
We won't get 30m for him.
I believe Arsenal will see how he does this year and depending on that make a decision on whether he warrants the next step up in terms of game time and starting more games.
Right now he is on course to get 15-20 goals for the first team this season across all competitions - if he does that he'll break through further for us next season.
Calvert Lewin had his breakthrough season of 15 goals last year at the age of 22.
Eddie is 21.

Selling off young players and relying on huge transfers to keep us competitive is a fools game.

that's a fair argument. i find him frustrating to watch but his stats suggest otherwise.

as i said, i think it's too early to dismiss him. lets see how he's fared at the end of the season.

in terms of the 30m, i agree we wont get that amount, but we should. he has been breaking records in the juniors (both club and country) and if liverpool can get 20m for solanke - who never scores - and 20m for brewster - who has 0 PL goals - then we should be getting 30m for him. but i dont trust the guys in charge to get anywhere near that.

i disagree with your last sentence though. if we're following the self generating model it's absolutely the right way to go about things for now.
Rayyo
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk