Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:32 pm

Liverpool might be able to get 30 million for Nketiah but we’ve got no chance, he’s not worth that and we’re not a successful club that other teams perceive to have only top talents, teams know our backup players are nothing special, so they’re not going to pay top dollar.

The only guy we’ve really managed to sell for anything was Martinez and he was on fire last season.

Everyone else has gone for free or on loan, this club is shocking when it comes to transfers all round.

We tried to mess around with Atletico regarding Partey and ending up with egg on our faces and having to spend the release clause.

Likewise Aouar, we thought we could lowball them and they told us where to go.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ESR10 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:36 pm

aniym wrote:
KG3 wrote:
:rofll:

If West Ham actually pay this they deserve to be relegated next season for such stupidity, assuming this rumour is true it’s nice to see us driving a hard bargain for once.

We tried to be aggressive with our valuations for Mustafi and Torreira, how did those work out?

£30m for Nketiah is us telling WHU to go away. Same thing Palace did by pricing Zaha at £80m.

I wouldn't mind settling for 15-20m
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:27 pm

aniym wrote:
KG3 wrote:
:rofll:

If West Ham actually pay this they deserve to be relegated next season for such stupidity, assuming this rumour is true it’s nice to see us driving a hard bargain for once.

We tried to be aggressive with our valuations for Mustafi and Torreira, how did those work out?

£30m for Nketiah is us telling WHU to go away. Same thing Palace did by pricing Zaha at £80m.

Yup. Pretty obvious.

Will be a huge LOL if West Ham actually pays anything near that in desperation, though.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:37 pm

Snatch their hand off for £30m.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:48 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Ach wrote:If we get this, best sale ever

Right up there with Iwobi .......... thank you Everton. :cloud9:

I'd happily take £28m and cut and run for Nketiah.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Alexis » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:38 pm

i'd go further and for 40m. brewster and solanke went for 20+, both utter trash and can barely get games.

nketiah will do a job for them, more than haller ever did. also with brexit, english talent price should rocket even more
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:35 pm

Given the length of his contract, I think we'd do well to £15m for him. Anything north of £20m would be insanely good business.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:42 pm

Alexis wrote:i'd go further and for 40m. brewster and solanke went for 20+, both utter trash and can barely get games.

nketiah will do a job for them, more than haller ever did. also with brexit, english talent price should rocket even more

Oooh, that's a great point.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Callum » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 pm

It's also January, so don't expect many big deals to be done. In the summer he'll have 12 months left on his contract.

I also think we'll be reluctant to sell unless Balogun signs a new deal, which is looking increasingly unlikely.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:33 am

Callum wrote:It's also January, so don't expect many big deals to be done. In the summer he'll have 12 months left on his contract.

I also think we'll be reluctant to sell unless Balogun signs a new deal, which is looking increasingly unlikely.

We also have John-Jules and Moller who both seem to be promising, so no harm in selling Nketiah anyway
ESR10

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:25 am

YES PLEASE
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:49 pm

Alexis wrote:i'd go further and for 40m. brewster and solanke went for 20+, both utter trash and can barely get games.

40m??? Give over.
20m would be a fair price...and would be worth taking if it is offered.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Alexis » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

40m??? Give over.

I don't get why you're happy at under selling this guy when similarly aged players who have done far less are going for more. Chelsea and Liverpool have got tons of money for their trash players. It's time we started fukin over other clubs. Nketiah is not good enough for us yes, but he's not shite and will do a good job at a lesser club, so it's only apt we at least get something decent for developing the kid.

Also the current political situation means that the English tax is going to be even higher soon, so we should try and be the first ones to take advantage of it.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:16 pm

Alexis wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

40m??? Give over.

I don't get why you're happy at under selling this guy when similarly aged players who have done far less are going for more. Chelsea and Liverpool have got tons of money for their trash players. It's time we started fukin over other clubs. Nketiah is not good enough for us yes, but he's not shite and will do a good job at a lesser club, so it's only apt we at least get something decent for developing the kid.

Also the current political situation means that the English tax is going to be even higher soon, so we should try and be the first ones to take advantage of it.

Purely a risk-reward calculation.
I like Nketiah - I think he has the potential to be a 20 goal a season striker and worth a lot more than 20m - BUT, potential needs to be fulfilled and more often than not it doesn't get fulfilled.
So as of right now, 20 million is a good number for a 21yr old who may or may not make it at the top level.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby KG3 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:29 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Alexis wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

40m??? Give over.

Purely a risk-reward calculation.
I like Nketiah - I think he has the potential to be a 20 goal a season striker and worth a lot more than 20m - BUT, potential needs to be fulfilled and more often than not it doesn't get fulfilled.
So as of right now, 20 million is a good number for a 21yr old who may or may not make it at the top level.

Good joke :rofll:

Maybe in the championship
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk