Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:32 am

themessiah wrote:Eddie scores 2 goals in less than a week against Two Premier League clubs West Ham ANa Leicester

But people think eddie is not good enough lol

Agenda is real out here

For the record, I wish this kid well and try not to be too harsh on the kids because the negativity isn't always helpful for their development.

Just observing habits and traits at the moment. The hunger to score isn't a bad thing but as long as he stays on side with his team and keeps the harmony. I'm steering clear of drawing comparisons with Ronaldo based off little info. If he keeps scoring, he's doing something right.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:55 am

Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Rayyo wrote:i personally loved his reaction to the pepe goal

i want my striker craving to score and annoyed when he doesn't. that's elite, ronaldo type mentality.

apparently ronaldo is still pissed off at the 2008 champions league victory cause he missed his penalty against chelsea.

Elite Ronaldo mentality is when you're obsessed with getting better and training harder each day. Putting the work in every second. No days off.

Throwing a fit over not scoring when it's not possible to get him the ball isn't it.

So the hallmarks to a great striker is throwing a fit when not scoring....nothing to do with training and pushing for excellence? Got it. Eddie will be the next Ronaldo if he keeps throwing wobblers at his teammates.

that's not what was said and it's an irrational, childish argument to make. you've had to resort to that because you've been proved wrong.

It's not what you said but it's what you pull up in response to me pointing out what makes Ronaldo different to every other player. The hard work part.

Ask yourself whether it's the wobblers that makes Ronaldo unique or his attitude overall when it comes to putting the work in?

If you've watched that Jordan 'Last Dance' documentary or heard Ronaldo's tribute to Kobe and speaking on Mamba mentality you'll get what I mean. Plenty of players throw wobblers and act petulant it doesn't always mean they're great players or it's a good thing. William Gallas having such a moment wasn't good for the team.

If Eddie is putting the work and wants to out work everyone he'll be a success.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:05 pm

Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

i want my striker craving to score and annoyed when he doesn't. that's elite, ronaldo type mentality.

apparently ronaldo is still pissed off at the 2008 champions league victory cause he missed his penalty against chelsea.

Elite Ronaldo mentality is when you're obsessed with getting better and training harder each day. Putting the work in every second. No days off.

Throwing a fit over not scoring when it's not possible to get him the ball isn't it.

So the hallmarks to a great striker is throwing a fit when not scoring....nothing to do with training and pushing for excellence? Got it. Eddie will be the next Ronaldo if he keeps throwing wobblers at his teammates.

that's not what was said and it's an irrational, childish argument to make. you've had to resort to that because you've been proved wrong.

It's not what you said but it's what you pull up in response to me pointing out what makes Ronaldo different to every other player. The hard work part.

Ask yourself whether it's the wobblers that makes Ronaldo unique or his attitude overall when it comes to putting the work in?

If you've watched that Jordan 'Last Dance' documentary or heard Ronaldo's tribute to Kobe and speaking on Mamba mentality you'll get what I mean. Plenty of players throw wobblers and act petulant it doesn't always mean they're great players or it's a good thing. William Gallas having such a moment wasn't good for the team.

i dont think anyone is denying that. for you to even suggest thats what i meant says more about you than me.

Alright, fam...it's not the hill to die on. Eddie's doing well with the chances he's given. It's just an observation. Don't take it personal.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:27 pm

He seems like an unlikable c*** to be honest. He gave pepe a sh1t pass and pepe did the most of it.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ESR10 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:19 pm

gooney wrote:He seems like an unlikable c*** to be honest. He gave pepe a sh1t pass and pepe did the most of it.

Same thought here, but as long as he's our c*** I'll support him.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

i dont think anyone is denying that. for you to even suggest thats what i meant says more about you than me.

Alright, fam...it's not the hill to die on. Eddie's doing well with the chances he's given. It's just an observation. Don't take it personal.

oh believe me i didnt. i actually found the backtracking funny.

Nope. I still stand by what I've said.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:22 pm

Just seen what you lot are whinging about, FFS, get a life ! He showed a little frustration at not getting the ball - which was completely fair enough, you lot are going on like he stropped off in a huff and studded the goalpost or something.
#Facepalm !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:22 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

Amen.

He should of been happy Pepe scored, guy was literally like "Fk your goal, I wanted it" even Laca or Auba wouldn't be that ignorant.

Laca is quite goal selfish but he'd never not celebrate a team mates goal, Nketiah even when people were jumping on Pepe celebrating looked cheesed off, that doesn't make for good team mate spirit tbf.

I know there's pressure on Eddie the same way there is on Laca to score to remain relevant but I would say he shouldn't ever cross that line.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:26 pm

theHotHead wrote:Just seen what you lot are whinging about, FFS, get a life ! He showed a little frustration at not getting the ball - which was completely fair enough, you lot are going on like he stropped off in a huff and studded the goalpost or something.
#Facepalm !

The problem is strikers do that when their team mate misses, sure, basically saying "Look I'm open ffs, I would of scored that".

But doing that when the ball is literally in the net and not celebrating your team going 1-0 up is distasteful pure and simple, how can you be mad at Pepe when he's just caused a home goal for the opposition?

Not classy at all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Storm in a teacup, mountain out of a molehill !! There is nothing to complain about but people have to find something.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:49 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Amen.

He should of been happy Pepe scored, guy was literally like "Fk your goal, I wanted it" even Laca or Auba wouldn't be that ignorant.

Laca is quite goal selfish but he'd never not celebrate a team mates goal, Nketiah even when people were jumping on Pepe celebrating looked cheesed off, that doesn't make for good team mate spirit tbf.

I know there's pressure on Eddie the same way there is on Laca to score to remain relevant but I would say he shouldn't ever cross that line.

Pepe tried to square it to him twice as well. He wasn't purposely ignoring him.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:04 pm

I am pleased he is so hungry to score though
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:08 pm

Someone post up a clip of the first goal
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:53 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:I am pleased he is so hungry to score though

Same.

I didn't mind the reaction at all... I actually think he was pissed because he had just been denied a tap in by an own goal...nothing to do with Pepe.

He did spend a bit of time sulking in the 2nd half, though, which I do mind. Needs to let that kind of thing go quickly.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby KG3 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:12 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Just seen what you lot are whinging about, FFS, get a life ! He showed a little frustration at not getting the ball - which was completely fair enough, you lot are going on like he stropped off in a huff and studded the goalpost or something.
#Facepalm !

The problem is strikers do that when their team mate misses, sure, basically saying "Look I'm open ffs, I would of scored that".

But doing that when the ball is literally in the net and not celebrating your team going 1-0 up is distasteful pure and simple, how can you be mad at Pepe when he's just caused a home goal for the opposition?

Not classy at all.

This
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk