Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Losmeister » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:10 am

its good that he gets goals now, that'll make him attrcative to a side who wan to try to give a young striker a chnace once martinelli is back...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:24 am

Losmeister wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Losmeister wrote:also, being a kunty little biotch when ur m8 scores is weak af....

not kool at all

Noticed that in the highlights. Might be a bit of a dick. Did he thank Bellerin for that assist before running off to celebrate?

nope. turned his back and did his i'm calling mrs N routine. prick.

Hmmmm. Will watch out for the body language between him and his teammates. It's good that he wants to score goals but also important that he gals with the team.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby ESR10 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:55 am

He comes off as an egoistic moaning kid tbh, and i don't mesm the positive egoism which is good for a striker. His reaction to the first goal was pathetic.

It reminds me a little bit of Henry in his last few seasons with us, when he was always frustrated with his team mates, but Henry has earned it.

I hope Arteta adresses it. He should put the team above his personal goals.

On the other side i really like his poacher instincts.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:11 am

Didn't even notice his reaction.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 am

Mustafi wrote:He comes off as an egoistic moaning kid tbh, and i don't mesm the positive egoism which is good for a striker. His reaction to the first goal was pathetic.

It reminds me a little bit of Henry in his last few seasons with us, when he was always frustrated with his team mates, but Henry has earned it.

I hope Arteta adresses it. He should put the team above his personal goals.

On the other side i really like his poacher instincts.

With Henry he was tough on the young team because he was captain and demanded excellence. He'd get pissed at a poor cross but would be the first one over to congratulate and hug when it's a good cross and assist whether he scores or doesn't. So it wasn't all selfish.

If he keeps scoring goals and it doesn't effect the team harmony, it's fine. But it's something I noticed and also off the heels off the spat with Ceballos the other week.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Alexis » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:38 am

theHotHead wrote:Some people need to calm themselves. So what if Eddie only scores tap ins, if he scores 20 tap ins a season who gives a f**k?!! The state of some of your arguments :rofll:

Gary Lineker amd Chicarito scored the vast majority of their goals in and around the penalty spot/inside the box, its not an issue if thats how the boy scores most or all of his goals.

A certain Pippo inzaghi scored about 200 odd tap-ins in his career and he had a decent career. Eddie does more than Pippo ever did in terms of all round play.

Eddie is a perfect number 2.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:48 am

Rayyo wrote:i personally loved his reaction to the pepe goal

i want my striker craving to score and annoyed when he doesn't. that's elite, ronaldo type mentality.

apparently ronaldo is still pissed off at the 2008 champions league victory cause he missed his penalty against chelsea.

Elite Ronaldo mentality is when you're obsessed with getting better and training harder each day. Putting the work in every second. No days off.

Throwing a fit over not scoring when it's not possible to get him the ball isn't it.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:52 am

Ach wrote:Didn't even notice his reaction.

Well you wouldn't really unless you don't like the player, I've never noticed it, doesn't bother me.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:55 am

i want my striker craving to score and annoyed when he doesn't. that's elite, ronaldo type mentality.

apparently ronaldo is still pissed off when it comes to winning the 2008 champions league cause he missed his penalty against chelsea.

True Same attitude as Ronaldo Always angry when teammate don't pass to him the ways he wanted. It does not help that Pepe has no right foot to his game so he’s super easy to defend against. Look at Willain and Saka who can cross with both feet.
You block Pepe path with one defender and his left foot with another defender and he can’t go anywhere
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dubs4Sam » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:01 am

This thread has all the hallmarks of the first 50 pages on Ramsey.

Far too much negativity around what is clearly a talented striker. He presses really well and has positional instincts you just can teach. He will score goals he just wont top bin them much. A goal is goal if you win by one.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 am

Power n Glory wrote:

apparently ronaldo is still pissed off at the 2008 champions league victory cause he missed his penalty against chelsea.

Elite Ronaldo mentality is when you're obsessed with getting better and training harder each day. Putting the work in every second. No days off.

Throwing a fit over not scoring when it's not possible to get him the ball isn't it.

He didn't 'throw a fit'. JHC.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 am

Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

So the hallmarks to a great striker is throwing a fit when not scoring....nothing to do with training and pushing for excellence? Got it. Eddie will be the next Ronaldo if he keeps throwing wobblers at his teammates.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:12 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Rayyo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

So the hallmarks to a great striker is throwing a fit when not scoring....nothing to do with training and pushing for excellence? Got it. Eddie will be the next Ronaldo if he keeps throwing wobblers at his teammates.

That is not what he said.
Stop embarrassing yourself.

We have a young striker scoring some important goals for us. Sit back and enjoy whilst that is the case.
If he doesn't manage to get 10-15 goals this year, then we can legitimately question whether he will be good enough.

He did look stroppy yesterday and it is something I am sure Arteta will have a word with him about, but whilst he is scoring (especially winning goals) it's all good.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:21 am

Hmmmm. Will watch out for the body language between him and his teammates. It's good that he wants to score goals but also important that he gels with the team.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby themessiah » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:22 am

Eddie scores 2 goals in less than a week against Two Premier League clubs West Ham ANa Leicester

But people think eddie is not good enough lol

Agenda is real out here
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk