Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:15 pm

Losmeister wrote:https://fbref.com/en/players/a53649b7/Eddie-Nketiah

https://fbref.com/en/players/16ceb862/Olivier-Giroud

how old before little Eddie is allowed to start more than 20 games playing with the upper grade kids?

Giroud turned 23, 1 month after the start of the 2009/10 season.
That season he was 2 years further on than Eddie is now in terms of age.

Wager on what? Eddie is already ramming your words down your throat.
I chuckled when he scored against West Ham and tonight - thinking of you being so upset.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:18 pm

please tell Mrs N enjoy her biscuits and tea... and extra biscuit cos Eddie scored.

she really is a sweet ol gal....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:21 pm

Losmeister wrote:please tell Mrs N enjoy her biscuits and tea... and extra biscuit cos Eddie scored.

she really is a sweet ol gal....

Ha - I was hoping to lead you there.
You're like Bernard Manning doing a comedy sketch in 2020.
:biggrin:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:23 pm

Why do people take someone saying they want to see more from their game and development ......... like that's a bad thing?

Is Nketiah the perfect striker, 1st choice ready? no? then stfu for gods sake.

I'm asking that he gets better, because right now he's pretty limited hence the Giroud comparison, if he gets better, its better for him and his career.

I'm not saying "Hate the guy sell him" I'm saying I want to see some shots in and around the box and a bit more involved in the game like Laca does.

Even if he becomes a pure poacher like Ian Wright, Ian could still shoot anywhere in the box, so far Eddies just been knocking in late goal line sitters (like Giroud) because we've caught the opposition late in the game when they're breaking on us ........... that is all I'm saying.

I hope he gets some more goals and displays some shooting and 1'2 play or hold up play.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Why do people take someone saying they want to see more from their game and development ......... like that's a bad thing?

I'm asking that he gets better, because right now he's pretty limited hence the Giroud comparison, if he gets better, its better for him and his career.

I'm not saying "Hate the guy sell him" I'm saying I want to see some shots in and around the box and a bit more involved in the game like Laca does.

Even if he becomes a pure poacher like Ian Wright, Ian could still shoot anywhere in the box, so far Eddies just been knocking in late goal line sitters (like Giroud) because we've caught the opposition late in the game when they're breaking on us ........... that is all I'm saying.

I hope he gets some more goals and displays some shooting and 1'2 play or hold up play.

The charge is being led by Eddies Gram... sweet ol lady... she very sensitive, very proud...

hee'll need lessee, minum 22 2nd tier goals and 33 1st league goals to match Ollie in the next three years, Doesn't look good form my POV.
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:26 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Why do people take someone saying they want to see more from their game and development ......... like that's a bad thing?

Don't care as long as he scores goals.
It's what we need. There were not enough goals in the team last year. Right now Laca is having to score to keep him out and Eddie is scoring with the game time he is getting to keep the pressure on. It's all good for the team.

We all want him to keep developing - well nearly all of us.
By the way - his link play and hold up play led to 2 good chances tonight. The first Nelson missed and the second Saka should have had a pen. It'll come as he gains more experience.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:29 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Zenith wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Still want to see him actually take some shots at goal.

Right now he's performing like a skinny, shorter Oliver Giroud .......... without the hold up play.

Basically just waiting in the box for the perfect pass, cross.

I'd like to see a bit more around or on the fringe of the box, i.e shots on goal.

A bit harsh, DG. We can't pretend as if he's not significantly faster and more energetic than Giroud—who was rather useless at pressing from the front.

I do agree that his hold-up play needs to improve. The same goes for his dribbling and first touch.

Harsh? Spot on.

he needs to develop his game significantly to ever have a career even approaching Giroud's.

he;s been getting cameos, which is good for him.

but he needs to be starting SOMEWHERE 30+ games/yr

Whoosh.

I didn't claim that he's better than Giroud, nor suggest that he'll ever the better player. :dontknow:

After DG insisted he's a short and skinny version of Giroud, I pointed out he's faster and more energetic—which he is.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Massa » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:32 pm

2 in 2 Lord Eddie amen
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby gooney » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

It's what we need. There were not enough goals in the team last year. Right now Laca is having to score to keep him out and Eddie is scoring with the game time he is getting to keep the pressure on. It's all good for the team.

By the way - his link play and hold up play led to 2 good chances tonight. The first Nelson missed and the second Saka should have had a pen. It'll come as he gains more experience.

Laca is significantly better all round player
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:42 pm

gooney wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Laca is significantly better all round player

Laca is 29.
Just enjoy the fact that we have a 21yr old kid scoring goals - and winning goals too.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:45 pm

Zenith wrote:After DG insisted he's a short and skinny version of Giroud, I pointed out he's faster and more energetic—which he is.

I was more on about the types of goals he's scoring.

Obviously Eddie is better at pressuring the ball, if he can develop some link up and hold up play like Laca as well as the goal poaching then he'll become a more complete player.

I'm not a fan of strikers who can only score by being supplied because on a day when our creativity is struggling their useless ......... that was my issue with Giroud.

Hence why if he gets some shots off in the box like Laca does, my confidence that he will become a top player will grow.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:37 am

also, being a kunty little biotch when ur m8 scores is weak af....

not kool at all
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:39 am

Losmeister wrote:also, being a kunty little biotch when ur m8 scores is weak af....

not kool at all

Noticed that in the highlights. Might be a bit of a dick. Did he thank Bellerin for that assist before running off to celebrate?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:39 am

Some people need to calm themselves. So what if Eddie only scores tap ins, if he scores 20 tap ins a season who gives a f**k?!! The state of some of your arguments :rofll:

Gary Lineker amd Chicarito scored the vast majority of their goals in and around the penalty spot/inside the box, its not an issue if thats how the boy scores most or all of his goals.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:05 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Losmeister wrote:also, being a kunty little biotch when ur m8 scores is weak af....

not kool at all

Noticed that in the highlights. Might be a bit of a dick. Did he thank Bellerin for that assist before running off to celebrate?

nope. turned his back and did his i'm calling mrs N routine. prick.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk