Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby ESR10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:43 pm

Why does this club always seem to make the wrong decision? His contract runs out in 18 months and it's the perfect opportunity to get rid of a player who is obviously too limited to play the CF role for us
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:46 pm

f**k
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:16 pm

If we wanted to sell, he'd be gone for £10m or less.

We're setting the price at £30m or something ridiculous because we're certain nobody would pay that.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Why does this club always seem to make the wrong decision? His contract runs out in 18 months and it's the perfect opportunity to get rid of a player who is obviously too limited to play the CF role for us

It’s run and managed by a bunch of amateurs that’s why. Shocking decision, he’s not good enough and like you said come through summer he’ll have a year left and his value will plummet.

We won’t sell this guy but are willing to let Balogun leave and happy to throw Saliba out.

Probably one of the most important things for a manager for me is the ability to spot talent and when players aren’t that good and should me moved on, Arteta fails miserably on that score.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:12 pm

KG3 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Alexis wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Alexis wrote:i'd go further and for 40m. brewster and solanke went for 20+, both utter trash and can barely get games.

nketiah will do a job for them, more than haller ever did. also with brexit, english talent price should rocket even more

40m??? Give over.
20m would be a fair price...and would be worth taking if it is offered.

I don't get why you're happy at under selling this guy when similarly aged players who have done far less are going for more. Chelsea and Liverpool have got tons of money for their trash players. It's time we started fukin over other clubs. Nketiah is not good enough for us yes, but he's not shite and will do a good job at a lesser club, so it's only apt we at least get something decent for developing the kid.

Also the current political situation means that the English tax is going to be even higher soon, so we should try and be the first ones to take advantage of it.

Purely a risk-reward calculation.
I like Nketiah - I think he has the potential to be a 20 goal a season striker and worth a lot more than 20m - BUT, potential needs to be fulfilled and more often than not it doesn't get fulfilled.
So as of right now, 20 million is a good number for a 21yr old who may or may not make it at the top level.

Good joke :rofll:

Maybe in the championship

Its not an unreasonable comment. If he realises his potential he will be a 20 goal a season striker. He won't realise it at Arsenal though.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:40 pm

:rolleyes: He has scored a few goals and probably the manager sees a player who is familiar with his set up by now, can deliver from the bench for the rest of the season.
Our strikers haven't been that prolific this season, and only lately Laca has been showing some consistency. So it makes some sense in keeping him until the end of the season.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:17 pm

Özim wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

It’s run and managed by a bunch of amateurs that’s why. Shocking decision, he’s not good enough and like you said come through summer he’ll have a year left and his value will plummet.

We won’t sell this guy but are willing to let Balogun leave and happy to throw Saliba out.

Probably one of the most important things for a manager for me is the ability to spot talent and when players aren’t that good and should me moved on, Arteta fails miserably on that score.

It's a good decision if true.
We don't know yet if he is going to take his level from U21/PL2 play (where he was one of the best around) to a higher level. Simply not enough time to assess yet. Once he has that time, we'll know. End of the season earliest depending on how many minutes gets to play (more likely next year and possibly the year after when he's 23)
So many Arsenal fans are reactionary to the last few games and consistently make mistakes in judgement - either overrating a player or under rating a player.
There is no accurate assessment of Nketiah yet - other than he has the potential to be a top striker.

No manager - and no person - is able to say for sure whether a player will develop or plateau (or when that will happen). Your 'one of the most important things' a manager can do is basically asking them to predict the future with limited information. Impossible.
There is simply no need to take any risks - he is on 15k a week and just starting out.

The best a manager can do is elevate players when they reach the absolute peak of the level they are playing at - until they make it to the first team.
Nketiah at the level below 1st team football proved himself to be one of the best in Europe, so he's been stepped up and now has a new challenge to meet. He either will or won't, but predicting it after 300 minutes of PL football is a ridiculous notion.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:28 pm

i just dont see it w/ Eddie.

could be wrong, obviously.

but i'd bet i'm not.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ESR10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:19 am

It's official :crybaby:
ESR10

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:20 am

I’d have sold him for what we can get and invested the money in someone else, we need to change personnel and players like him are the ones that should make way.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:21 am

Mustafi wrote:

It's official :crybaby:

Nketiah is one of his favourites, that’s why he won’t be sold.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:23 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

It's a good decision if true.
We don't know yet if he is going to take his level from U21/PL2 play (where he was one of the best around) to a higher level. Simply not enough time to assess yet. Once he has that time, we'll know. End of the season earliest depending on how many minutes gets to play (more likely next year and possibly the year after when he's 23)
So many Arsenal fans are reactionary to the last few games and consistently make mistakes in judgement - either overrating a player or under rating a player.
There is no accurate assessment of Nketiah yet - other than he has the potential to be a top striker.

No manager - and no person - is able to say for sure whether a player will develop or plateau (or when that will happen). Your 'one of the most important things' a manager can do is basically asking them to predict the future with limited information. Impossible.
There is simply no need to take any risks - he is on 15k a week and just starting out.

The best a manager can do is elevate players when they reach the absolute peak of the level they are playing at - until they make it to the first team.
Nketiah at the level below 1st team football proved himself to be one of the best in Europe, so he's been stepped up and now has a new challenge to meet. He either will or won't, but predicting it after 300 minutes of PL football is a ridiculous notion.

I personally disagree, we need investment in the team and he’s just the type of player we should sell, in a year he’ll be worth next to nothing and we’ll have missed our chance.

I just don’t see a top player on him, I genuinely believe you can see players who could make it even at a young age, I don’t see it with him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:07 pm

Ozim there is no guarantee in football though. Look around the league and you see young players all over the place flourishing under their managers. Look at Watkins at Aston Villa, look at Mount at Chelsea, with the right development Nkeiah should be a top goalscorer, based on what he has done at the level he moved from.

We could spend £30-80m on a player, but does it mean there is more of a guarantee of success with them ? I do agree that, with the football we are playing under Arteta and his shitty people skills, not to mention lack of development of players, I don't see Nketiah improving at Arsenal
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:06 pm

As expected; that absurd £30m quote was to tell clubs to piss off.

Arteta feels he has invested time and effort w/ Nketiah, so he's expecting to reap the rewards, whenever that may be. Correspondingly, he's done the opposite with Balogun, so he goes.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:01 pm

theHotHead wrote:Ozim there is no guarantee in football though. Look around the league and you see young players all over the place flourishing under their managers. Look at Watkins at Aston Villa, look at Mount at Chelsea, with the right development Nkeiah should be a top goalscorer, based on what he has done at the level he moved from.

We could spend £30-80m on a player, but does it mean there is more of a guarantee of success with them ? I do agree that, with the football we are playing under Arteta and his shitty people skills, not to mention lack of development of players, I don't see Nketiah improving at Arsenal

Saka has been better than mount
He is 3 years younger
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk