Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (14)

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:50 pm

Santi wrote:Can't believe this clown has 100k pw and the honour of #14.

Bigger mistake than keeping Xhaka.

Agree, apart from perhaps a bigger mistake than Xhaka, that was the biggest mistake of all because he plays week in week out.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:51 pm

Ach wrote:He's pretty good at taking advantage of shit defending

That’s what came across last season, most of his goals were because of dreadful errors, it doesn’t show he’s a decent striker, just that if defenders make mistakes and hand him chances on a plate he can score them.

To give him 100k and 5 years for that is a terrible decision.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby themessiah » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:56 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:https://twitter.com/DailyAFC/status/1543268097854947329?t=98eLQYpVHSNYh4oSmnyCrg&s=19

Preseason legend tbf. Eddie will get more games than people think at the start of the season at CF and Jesus playing will play LW from time to time tbf. Eddie had a good finish too last season the Chelsea and Leeds games for example let’s hope he can push on even more now tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:26 pm

Salibatelli wrote:

That’s what came across last season, most of his goals were because of dreadful errors, it doesn’t show he’s a decent striker, just that if defenders make mistakes and hand him chances on a plate he can score them.

They were converted chances tbf, even if they weren't chances created by us.

I've never been his biggest fan, but I'm hopeful he can be a real danger if the create trio behind him actually get creative.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:28 pm

Salibatelli wrote:

To give him 100k and 5 years for that is a terrible decision.

Yup. No mistakes and he's anonymous.

That's what we have for 100k a week
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Reiss » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:47 am

Est83 wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

I've never been his biggest fan, but I'm hopeful he can be a real danger if the create trio behind him actually get creative.

He will be an important player this season and I look forward to seeing him develop.

As soon as he got more game time last season he started scoring. His quality is there for all to see.

With Laca and Auba gone he'll be number 2 so he'll get a lot more game time this season, and I think we'll see him bang in goals.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby VCC » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:02 am

Reiss wrote:
Est83 wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

He will be an important player this season and I look forward to seeing him develop.

As soon as he got more game time last season he started scoring. His quality is there for all to see.

With Laca and Auba gone he'll be number 2 so he'll get a lot more game time this season, and I think we'll see him bang in goals.

Money where your mouth is, what is his goal expectation in your opinion, number two how many goals?
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:13 am

Est83 wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

I'm against giving him £100k a week, but to be fair he created those mistakes by constantly pressing the defenders and be more direct. Something that Aubameyang and Lacazette rarely did last season. I believe both of them wouldn't score goal like Nketiah did against Chelsea.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:23 pm

Well y'all can live in hope but I will live in the real world. If anyone thinks a third string striker will fire us to where we need to be you are in for a hard lesson!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:34 pm

Once upon time we had Henry, Wiltord and Kanu. Now it’s Jesus and Nketiah. Levels.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:19 pm

swipe right wrote:Once upon time we had Henry, Wiltord and Kanu. Now it’s Jesus and Nketiah. Levels.

You mean like 00/01 when we got 1 more point and scored 2 more goals than the season just gone
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby swipe right » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:51 pm

starmandb wrote:
swipe right wrote:Once upon time we had Henry, Wiltord and Kanu. Now it’s Jesus and Nketiah. Levels.

You mean like 00/01 when we got 1 more point and scored 2 more goals than the season just gone

That’s right. The season we finished second in the league, were runners up in the FA cup and reached the quarters of the CL. You were born then right?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:49 am

swipe right wrote:
starmandb wrote:

That’s right. The season we finished second in the league, were runners up in the FA cup and reached the quarters of the CL. You were born then right?

We got 70 points that season that would have got us 5th in the season just gone
We were not in Europe to win or lose a quarter final last season
Nkethia has an fa cup winners medal scoring at Bournemouth and Portsmouth along the way
Jesus also has an fa cup winners medal scoring 5 times including 2 in the final
starmandb

Postby swipe right » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:22 am

starmandb wrote:
swipe right wrote:
starmandb wrote:

We got 70 points that season that would have got us 5th in the season just gone
We were not in Europe to win or lose a quarter final last season
Nkethia has an fa cup winners medal scoring at Bournemouth and Portsmouth along the way
Jesus also has an fa cup winners medal scoring 5 times including 2 in the final

On further reflection, you’re right. Nketiah and Jesus are as good as Henry, Wiltord and Kanu. Thanks for clearing that all up.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:25 am

I'd say it's more like 01/02 and Nketiah is Francis Jeffers.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk