Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby VCC » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:41 am

Ach wrote:
Leeds United have been offered the chance to sign former loanee Eddie Nketiah this summer, with Arsenal wanting £20m for the English centre-forward, 22. (Football Insider)

That was a waste of a phone call.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:50 am

Pretty much, he went there and Bielsa never played him!

There’s a distinct lack of common sense at Arsenal these days :lol:
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:42 am

The comedy show Live At The Emirates is still going strong I see .....
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Angelito wrote:

Paddy wrote:a new contract?!

:rofll:

DiamondGooner wrote:Please tell me that's just a smoke screen to encourage offers!!

It’s depressing being an Arsenal fan these days, Nketiah is the type of player we used to sell and within a few years he’d end up in the championship and everyone will forget about him.

Here we are trying to hold on to someone that wouldn’t even make the squad for City’s/Chelsea’s under 23s, just shows how far we’ve fallen really
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:54 pm

West Ham are, according to The Arsenal Lounge, ready to battle Bayer Leverkusen for Eddie Nketiah.

A highly-rated 22-year-old striker is expected to leave Emirates Stadium this summer, but it may be that he heads across London and joins the Hammers.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:38 pm

New contract makes sense.

We're not getting more than £10m for him this summer.

Extend his deal. Send him on loan and sell for £25m next summer.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:09 pm

Ach wrote:
West Ham are, according to The Arsenal Lounge, ready to battle Bayer Leverkusen for Eddie Nketiah.

A highly-rated 22-year-old striker is expected to leave Emirates Stadium this summer, but it may be that he heads across London and joins the Hammers.

highly-rated? who rates him apart from jay?
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Even Jay stopped rating him ........
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:36 pm

theHotHead wrote:Even Jay stopped rating him ........

Potential is still there, but he failed to step up.

Nketiah's xG per 90 is 0.45, which was the 3rd best in the squad behind Lacazette and Martinelli, ahead of Auba, Pepe as the other forwards.
His xA per 90 was 5th best in the squad, ahead of Auba, Lacazette, Tierney, Saka.
But, he only played 405 minutes all season in the PL, so it's impossible to know whether he could maintain those numbers over a season.

Most of his PL appearances were for short periods (but even then he managed to score the winner against West Ham and save us from losing against Fulham). I am aware we have some world-class tactical geniuses on this forum and top-level scouts that can work it all out ( :biggrin: ), but the reality is we know no more this summer than last as to whether Nketiah can carry his lower-level form into the PL consistently. He simply didn't get enough of a run in the team. Maybe Arteta just saw enough in training to know he was not ready, maybe it's just he didn't want to take the risk and hoped Auba would shake off his poor form.

But, bottom line is that I wanted him to score 15-20 goals minimum across all competitions this year and he only scored 6, so he doesn't have my support, thus selling him would be the best option if we got an offer of 15-20m. Anything less and it is better to give him a new contract, loan him out and sell later.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:58 pm

They're just recycling the January links to WHU now. He's been offered a new deal, and I'm not sure he'll leave, especially if Laca goes. He'll still be ahead of Balogun in the pecking order.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Paddy » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:28 pm

"He was in good form between january 2020-may 2020"
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Paddy wrote:

"He was in good form between january 2020-may 2020"

I can recall saying that Arsenal were on good form from Jan - May 2021 - because they were and it's recognised by pretty much everyone.
Can't recall anyone talking about 2020 or Nketiah being on good form from Jan-May 2020.

Swing and a miss for you.If you insist on being silly, at least try harder.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:43 pm

From the outside looking in through mildly obscured glass and having no data regards their proposed transfer targets or direction their shiny new manager intends to take them regards style of play, Crystal Palace as they were strike me as the team best suited to make the most of Nketiah's attributes and the nature of his game.

Christian Benteke does not possess a great deal of expansion to his game in that he couldn't slalom past five players after winning the ball on the half-way line to slot it home reminiscent of a certain number 14, or juggle the ball from one foot to the other in evading a challenge before leaning it into the postage stamp reminiscent of a certain number 10. However, he IS capable of bulleting home a header from the edge of the box or a flick-on to set up his strike partner to smash it home reminiscent of an Alan Smith, Lee Chapman or Niall Quinn.

And that's where Eddie comes into the equation, as I feel as though he could be the perfect foil to Benteke in forming a deadly partnership in South London reminiscent of Bright and Wright, Quinn and Philips or Hesky and Owen.

To further sweeten the deal for both parties I would propose a bundle or package offer of £25M to include Reiss Nelson, as the prospect of Zaha and Nelson supplying for that front two could prove rather appealing to the Eagles and hopefully lay the foundations for a future transfer reunion with Eberechi Eze.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:04 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:From the outside looking in through mildly obscured glass and having no data regards their proposed transfer targets or direction their shiny new manager intends to take them regards style of play, Crystal Palace as they were strike me as the team best suited to make the most of Nketiah's attributes and the nature of his game.

Christian Benteke does not possess a great deal of expansion to his game in that he couldn't slalom past five players after winning the ball on the half-way line to slot it home reminiscent of a certain number 14, or juggle the ball from one foot to the other in evading a challenge before leaning it into the postage stamp reminiscent of a certain number 10. However, he IS capable of bulleting home a header from the edge of the box or a flick-on to set up his strike partner to smash it home reminiscent of an Alan Smith, Lee Chapman or Niall Quinn.

And that's where Eddie comes into the equation, as I feel as though he could be the perfect foil to Benteke in forming a deadly partnership in South London reminiscent of Bright and Wright, Quinn and Philips or Hesky and Owen.

To further sweeten the deal for both parties I would propose a bundle or package offer of £25M to include Reiss Nelson, as the prospect of Zaha and Nelson supplying for that front two could prove rather appealing to the Eagles and hopefully lay the foundations for a future transfer reunion with Eberechi Eze.

He's not physical like Benteke though. His hold up play isn't on a par with Smith, Quinn or even Hartson. If we want that sort of player in the squad then we should take a chance on Onuachu (who I have never seen play btw).

Edit - sorry completely misread your post lol
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:54 pm

New Crystal Palace boss Patrick Vieira is considering a raid on two of his former clubs Arsenal and Nice to sign Eddie Nketiah and Kasper Dolberg, according to The Sun.

Gunners forward Nketiah is believed to be available for around £20 million ($27m).

Dolberg meanwhile, who Vieira signed for Nice from Ajax during his time in charge of the French side, is valued in the region of £25 million ($34m).
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk