Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Losmeister » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:20 am

stale performance...

make no mistake...

i root for this kid the whole time...

doesnt mean i canttell a hawk from a handsaw
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 am

Losmeister wrote:stale performance...

make no mistake...

i root for this kid the whole time...

doesnt mean i canttell a hawk from a handsaw

Agreed.

Not one clear shot on target, like I said, similar to Giroud, if its not put on a plate for him wrapped in a bow to literally tap it home he's pretty much a ghost in the game, just chases defenders around.

At least Laca can get shots off on pretty much his own accord.

Well at least Nketiah has the whole season to work on what he's doing but if he hasn't improved by spring then wtf are we doing here? .......... get Martinelli (The Brazilian RVP) back asap is what we'd need.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:04 am

'just chases defenders'
Sounded like that is exactly what he was asked to do by Arteta... From the post match interview.
Arteta singled out the forwards and specifically referenced the changes that had to be worked on in that area from the poor effort in Monday in the league game.

Think you might find that Arteta is pretty happy with Eddie's performance last night. He was excellent at the press from the front. Especially the second half.

Far from being a ghost, that is EXACTLY what you need from a striker when he doesn't score.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:12 am

Why he's trying to round the keeper when he's 2 yards in front of the goal is ridiculous.

Doesn't have the killer instinct
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 am

He needs to bulk up too, he was getting pushed about too easily.

I like Eddie but he does need to start showing more
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:20 am

Royal Gooner wrote:He needs to bulk up too, he was getting pushed about too easily.

Yeah, agree on him needing to bulk up. Same goes for Willock.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:01 pm

jayramfootball wrote:'just chases defenders'
Sounded like that is exactly what he was asked to do by Arteta... From the post match interview.
Arteta singled out the forwards and specifically referenced the changes that had to be worked on in that area from the poor effort in Monday in the league game.

Think you might find that Arteta is pretty happy with Eddie's performance last night. He was excellent at the press from the front. Especially the second half.

Far from being a ghost, that is EXACTLY what you need from a striker when he doesn't score.

I'm fine with him pressing from the front ............ but he was nowhere near a sniff at goal which bothers me.

Not even a shot from what I remember, if all we want is someone to chase balls down like a Golden Retriever we may as well play Torreria up front.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

I'm fine with him pressing from the front ............ but he was nowhere near a sniff at goal which bothers me.

Not even a shot from what I remember, if all we want is someone to chase balls down like a Golden Retriever we may as well play Torreria up front.

There was not much of a sniff for up front all game.. just really two chances for Eddie. A good chance which he needed to take first time, may still have been saved because of the closeness of the keeper but he lost the chance when he tried to control it. That is something he needs to get better at... first-time shots instead of trying to make sure. The other chance was less than a half-chance which he did really quite well at with the header just wide.

We WILL have games where we're just not getting decent chances and that is when we need our strikers to be busier at helping the team get some possession. I thought Eddie and Pepe both did well at that last night.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:He needs to bulk up too, he was getting pushed about too easily.

Yeah, agree on him needing to bulk up. Same goes for Willock.

Of all the kids Willock is the one I don't see any future for with Arsenal at all.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:36 pm

I agree, Saka, Willock, Nelson and ESR included, Saka is great but looks so lightweight.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

:rofll:
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Losmeister » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:28 pm

poor again
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Quite possibly the worst backup striker I’ve ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:32 pm

He's bad, very bad
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:34 pm

So far for Eddie, 1 goal in 90 minutes of PL play

Auba 1 goal in 360 minutes of PL play.

Nketiah is 4* better than Auba in terms of goals per minute played so far this season
Moreover Eddies goal was a match winner.
Auba's came when we were already 2-0 up and cruising.

Facts.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk