Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:09 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
aniym wrote:
West Ham have been linked with Morocco striker Youssef En-Nesyri but the 23-year-old says he will not be leaving Sevilla in January. (Estadio Deportivo, via Sport Witness)

The Hammers will try to sign 23-year-old Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard this month but the French forward would prefer to move to an established top-six side in the Premier League. (Daily Star on Sunday)

There's still time...

We’re not getting Edouard, in a few years we’ll probably look back and wonder why we never went for him like Van Dijk.

Nketiah is pretty poor though, said he should have been loaned out but as usual Arteta always likes to be different (and he gets it wrong everytime), the guy couldn’t get game time at Leeds and is another who has never proved himself and yet finds himself as an Arteta favourite.

He needed to be loaned out to see if he could score goals at a lower level and to improve a lot, didn’t happen and he’s a liability when he plays.

Should have given Balogun a chance to see if he could offer more because Nketiah offers nothing, it’s like playing with 10 men.

:lol:
Step away from the ledge fella.
If you were manager we'd just bounce around from game to game.

Edouard - good player I think could be well suited to the PL. I'd take him, but still a risk.
Balogun - not having a great season at the lower level. Got better with the last game hat trick, but his record is still inferior to Nketia at the same level and same stage of his career. 19 years old. Not a great attitude. Looks like he is leaving.
Nketiah - played around 300 minutes in the PL so far. Needs to improve on his confidence in front of goal at the top level. Rest of his game is improving game to game. Jury is out - We need to see him more at the top level.

If I was manager a host of rubbish players wouldn’t play, Willian and Xhaka to name just a couple.

Nketiah isn’t at the right level and hasn’t earnt his chance to keep playing, he’s not improving at all, pretty much everyone aside from you doesn’t think he’s good enough to play at this stage so why is he still getting game time?

As I said he needs to be loaned out to show he’s capable of delivering and to improve, right now he’s not.

As for Balogun, I just think it’s time to give someone else a chance, Nketiah isn’t working, pretty much every time he plays he fails to produce a good performance.

You can’t defend giving game time to a player who offers pretty much nothing to the team right now.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:17 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
aniym wrote:
West Ham have been linked with Morocco striker Youssef En-Nesyri but the 23-year-old says he will not be leaving Sevilla in January. (Estadio Deportivo, via Sport Witness)

The Hammers will try to sign 23-year-old Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard this month but the French forward would prefer to move to an established top-six side in the Premier League. (Daily Star on Sunday)

There's still time...

We’re not getting Edouard, in a few years we’ll probably look back and wonder why we never went for him like Van Dijk.

Nketiah is pretty poor though, said he should have been loaned out but as usual Arteta always likes to be different (and he gets it wrong everytime), the guy couldn’t get game time at Leeds and is another who has never proved himself and yet finds himself as an Arteta favourite.

He needed to be loaned out to see if he could score goals at a lower level and to improve a lot, didn’t happen and he’s a liability when he plays.

Should have given Balogun a chance to see if he could offer more because Nketiah offers nothing, it’s like playing with 10 men.

:lol:

Edouard - good player I think could be well suited to the PL. I'd take him, but still a risk.
Balogun - not having a great season at the lower level. Got better with the last game hat trick, but his record is still inferior to Nketia at the same level and same stage of his career. 19 years old. Not a great attitude. Looks like he is leaving.
Nketiah - played around 300 minutes in the PL so far. Needs to improve on his confidence in front of goal at the top level. Rest of his game is improving game to game. Jury is out - We need to see him more at the top level.

If I was manager a host of rubbish players wouldn’t play, Willian and Xhaka to name just a couple.

Nketiah isn’t at the right level and hasn’t earnt his chance to keep playing, he’s not improving at all, pretty much everyone aside from you doesn’t think he’s good enough to play at this stage so why is he still getting game time?

As I said he needs to be loaned out to show he’s capable of delivering and to improve, right now he’s not.

As for Balogun, I just think it’s time to give someone else a chance, Nketiah isn’t working, pretty much every time he plays he fails to produce a good performance.

You can’t defend giving game time to a player who offers pretty much nothing to the team right now.

He isn't getting much time actually.
He's played around 1,000 minutes all season across all competitions.
Only 300 in the PL - hardly any time at all (but he still managed to win a game for us.)
Early days.
Outside of the PL, his scoring rate is more than acceptable for the stage of his career - scores about 1 in 2 games.

He's doing fine - but like I said, needs to improve his shooting. Looks to me like he is lacking confidence on the bigger stage.
It will come, or it won't.
But, as I have told you before, way too early to know. Certainly too early to be bailing and hoping a 19-year-old with a worse record at the level is a better option.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:18 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
aniym wrote:

There's still time...

[emoji38]

We need to see him more at the top level? Mate we have seen enough. You want to get relegated?

Loan him out to an easyleague, let him raise his value and then sell.

Not good enough for us. Never will be.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:23 pm

Dejan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
aniym wrote:

There's still time...

[emoji38]

We need to see him more at the top level? Mate we have seen enough. You want to get relegated?

Loan him out to an easyleague, let him raise his value and then sell.

Not good enough for us. Never will be.

No. We haven't.
He's hardly played in the PL and certainly had no consistent game time.
Outside of the PL, he's doing fine.

You have no idea where his career will pan out at this stage. To suggest you do tells me you are one of those 'goldfish' fans that can't actually see more than a few weeks back and a few days forward.

The only circumstances where Nketiah should be sold is if we are to replace him with a PROVEN premier league goal scorer.
If we have the money to do that, cool.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:30 pm

And in these PL games it has been shown that he is weak, cant pass, has no holdup play and cant finish.

Simply good enough. Luckily will leave next summer.

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Dejan wrote:And in these PL games it has been shown that he is weak, cant pass, has no holdup play and cant finish.

Oh, you are a fortune-teller now too... I see.
:doh:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:30 pm

For the sake of his career as it stands, I would advise this young man to seek a transfer to somewhere like Crystal Palace, Sheffield United, Fulham or Aston Villa, whose styles of play are better suited to his natural game of football than Arsenal's.

I also believe that he has the capacity to ultimately go out there and score a shit load of goals for somebody, but I just don't think that somebody is Arsenal.

If West Ham are still interested in a punt for £20M then cool, that might even turn out to be the best fit of them all.

I am not advocating that he stops believing in himself and ability that he could actually achieve that target here, only that he doesn't allow that belief to blinker his view of the bigger picture.

Besides, what would be the likelihood of him having some of the top teams in Europe sniffing around again if he was to go to say Crystal Palace and produce a goal scoring ratio the polar opposite to that of Christian Benteke?
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:51 pm

There is a huge reason he didnt play at leeds, I think we have seen that yet he gets played here, if I were manager he wouldnt play at all why would you.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:08 pm

Yeah his hold up play is wank, their attacks would break down continually. Fair play to Bamford who looks a lot better than people made him out to be.

Nketiah is a pure fox in the box, will get you loads of goals if your game is slinging in crosses on the break or cute passes in the box to him. I wouldn't play him otherwise.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 pm

Balogun is off, and we need depth. He will stay, but he should be playing U23 games instead of doing a a whole load of nothing on the bench.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ESR10 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:01 pm

Time to let him go. A new contract doesn't make sense at all.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:02 pm

ESR10 wrote:

He needed to break through and score 15-20 goals this year.
Not going to happen now, so yes, time to sell.
Given his age we'll probably get 20 million for him.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Dejan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:04 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Dejan wrote:And in these PL games it has been shown that he is weak, cant pass, has no holdup play and cant finish.

Nope, just using logic.

He is not good enough, thats why we are getting rid :arse flag.gif:
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:54 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
ESR10 wrote:

He needed to break through and score 15-20 goals this year.
Not going to happen now, so yes, time to sell.
Given his age we'll probably get 20 million for him.

With one year left on his contract 10-15 m could be more realistic imho.
ESR10

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:28 pm

Dejan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Nope, just using logic.

He is not good enough, thats why we are getting rid :arse flag.gif:

Haha - fair enough.
My min goal for him is like I said - season is not over, but he's not going to score 15-20 so as far as I am concerned I am no longer interested in what he does.
I'd like us to get a decent price for him, however.
Players are simply commodities - don't perform - bye.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk