Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:02 pm

KG3 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
KG3 wrote:Genuinely the worst centre forward I have seen at Arsenal, what use is a player than can only score tap ins

You missed the Sanogo era?

Sanogo wasn’t that bad tbf his hold up play and link up play was actually good something Eddie lacks.

Can’t forget his masterclass against Dortmund and his contribution to winning FA cup final against Hull.

Like I said - Nketiah's hold up play today was good. Best of our forwards in that respect, including those that came on.
That's just the reality - leaving aside the emotional and reactionary ramblings of football fans who don't really take in the game beyond the area of the 6yard box, back heels and dribbles.

Nketiah has to show improvement in his shooting - no doubt - but his hold up play has come on a lot this season (particularly over his last 3-4 outings) to a level where it's pretty good.

I suspect that is the main reason he stayed on today. He was successful at bringing others into play.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:37 pm

Tony Adams wrote:If i had to pick nketiah or sanogo i'd pick sanogo.

Nketiah all day. Sanogo had zero shooting technique.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:43 pm

si little eddie tap-in failed to produce...

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:00 pm

it's ok thos, Mrs N, little eddie is a nice boy and we'll shipo him off gently so he can play with m8s of his own quality
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:06 pm

I'd be tempted to give Nikolaj Moller chances ahead of Nketiah.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby greengoonerie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:56 pm

Time for a loan deal and see if he comes back better just like ESR did.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ESR10 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:43 pm

greengoonerie wrote:Time for a loan deal and see if he comes back better just like ESR did.

He only has 18 months left on his contract. We shouldn't renew his contract so he doesn't have the time to to on loan. It's time to get rid, and give Balogun the minutes.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:02 am

West Ham have been linked with Morocco striker Youssef En-Nesyri but the 23-year-old says he will not be leaving Sevilla in January. (Estadio Deportivo, via Sport Witness)

The Hammers will try to sign 23-year-old Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard this month but the French forward would prefer to move to an established top-six side in the Premier League. (Daily Star on Sunday)

There's still time...
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:41 pm

Mustafi wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:Time for a loan deal and see if he comes back better just like ESR did.

He only has 18 months left on his contract. We shouldn't renew his contract so he doesn't have the time to to on loan. It's time to get rid, and give Balogun the minutes.

No harm in renewing just to keep his value up, depends what wages he starts asking for.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:54 pm

Mustafi wrote:

I think we have already lost Balogun. That's why we never seen him near the team again.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby KG3 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:18 pm

KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:29 pm

Sanogo would have been better for us today but Nketiah probably would have had an easier time back when we were creating better quality chances under Wenger.

The lack of power is what's really holding Nketiah back. Zero power in his shots and never really smashes them with power and precision when needed. His hold up play is poor and he can't win duels. 4 ground duels and he won 0. 6 aerial duels and he won 2. Lost possession 15 times and he's not risk taking dribbler. Hasn't developed physically to play the lone striker role yet.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:33 pm

KG3 wrote:

Sanogo was actually very good in some games. Poor lad got thrown in against Bayern and actually held his own quite well, just too clumsy in the end but he had the odd flash.

Nketiah has a decent goal record at most levels but seems to be the fox in the box and that's it. Would give him a loan chance as he's not really had consistent football to prove himself (3 games in a row for us before being dropped doesn't count). He needs a full season at adult level with 30+ games under his belt, even if it's in the champ.

See how he does and make a decision after. Shame about his contract timing but we should just extend now on the cheap.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:44 pm

aniym wrote:
West Ham have been linked with Morocco striker Youssef En-Nesyri but the 23-year-old says he will not be leaving Sevilla in January. (Estadio Deportivo, via Sport Witness)

The Hammers will try to sign 23-year-old Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard this month but the French forward would prefer to move to an established top-six side in the Premier League. (Daily Star on Sunday)

There's still time...

We’re not getting Edouard, in a few years we’ll probably look back and wonder why we never went for him like Van Dijk.

Nketiah is pretty poor though, said he should have been loaned out but as usual Arteta always likes to be different (and he gets it wrong everytime), the guy couldn’t get game time at Leeds and is another who has never proved himself and yet finds himself as an Arteta favourite.

He needed to be loaned out to see if he could score goals at a lower level and to improve a lot, didn’t happen and he’s a liability when he plays.

Should have given Balogun a chance to see if he could offer more because Nketiah offers nothing, it’s like playing with 10 men.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:52 pm

Özim wrote:
aniym wrote:

There's still time...

We’re not getting Edouard, in a few years we’ll probably look back and wonder why we never went for him like Van Dijk.

Nketiah is pretty poor though, said he should have been loaned out but as usual Arteta always likes to be different (and he gets it wrong everytime), the guy couldn’t get game time at Leeds and is another who has never proved himself and yet finds himself as an Arteta favourite.

He needed to be loaned out to see if he could score goals at a lower level and to improve a lot, didn’t happen and he’s a liability when he plays.

Should have given Balogun a chance to see if he could offer more because Nketiah offers nothing, it’s like playing with 10 men.

:lol:
Step away from the ledge fella.
If you were manager we'd just bounce around from game to game.

Edouard - good player I think could be well suited to the PL. I'd take him, but still a risk.
Balogun - not having a great season at the lower level. Got better with the last game hat trick, but his record is still inferior to Nketia at the same level and same stage of his career. 19 years old. Not a great attitude. Looks like he is leaving.
Nketiah - played around 300 minutes in the PL so far. Needs to improve on his confidence in front of goal at the top level. Rest of his game is improving game to game. Jury is out - We need to see him more at the top level.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk