Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:27 pm

Watkins scored against us and Liverpool. Has he done anything other than that?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:00 pm

starmandb wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Ozim there is no guarantee in football though. Look around the league and you see young players all over the place flourishing under their managers. Look at Watkins at Aston Villa, look at Mount at Chelsea, with the right development Nkeiah should be a top goalscorer, based on what he has done at the level he moved from.

We could spend £30-80m on a player, but does it mean there is more of a guarantee of success with them ? I do agree that, with the football we are playing under Arteta and his shitty people skills, not to mention lack of development of players, I don't see Nketiah improving at Arsenal

Saka has been better than mount
He is 3 years younger

Saka was good under Emery, Arteta didn't develop him. We saw the improvement in Saka when he dropped back and began bombing up the wing and was one of our best players.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:01 pm

Ach wrote:Watkins scored against us and Liverpool. Has he done anything other than that?

If you watch his gameplay, he is dangerous, that and his booming confidence is what he shows every game I have seen of him.

6 goals and 2 assists in 15 games ..
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:
starmandb wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Ozim there is no guarantee in football though. Look around the league and you see young players all over the place flourishing under their managers. Look at Watkins at Aston Villa, look at Mount at Chelsea, with the right development Nkeiah should be a top goalscorer, based on what he has done at the level he moved from.

We could spend £30-80m on a player, but does it mean there is more of a guarantee of success with them ? I do agree that, with the football we are playing under Arteta and his shitty people skills, not to mention lack of development of players, I don't see Nketiah improving at Arsenal

He is 3 years younger

Saka was good under Emery, Arteta didn't develop him. We saw the improvement in Saka when he dropped back and began bombing up the wing and was one of our best players.

Saka has not yet reached the age that mount was when lampard took over at derby
Mount didn’t start playing first team football until he went on loan to vitesse Arnhem
Where he first played under henk Fraser and Edward sturing? .... me neither
His debut coming at the age that saka was in April 2020 3and a half months before arteta’s arsenal beat lampards Chelsea in the fa cup final
Just like what happened on Boxing Day but because nothing good is allowed to be said about arteta anymore coz life is all,his shit, his great and if you take a position then god forbid it should ever change a fraction because that makes you weak on the internet and there is no greater shame than being wrong on that bastion of truth
Then that Boxing Day chelsea were not even trying because it was Boxing Day and why would they have wanted to go second anyway.
Let’s big up a chelsea player and manager though because it fits an agenda
Big up the arsenal
f**k everyone else
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:18 pm

Özim wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

It's official :crybaby:

Nketiah is one of his favourites, that’s why he won’t be sold.

No, it's more likely because he is 21 and has been one of best young strikers around up to the level just below 1st team football - and now is embarking on his PL effort to progress and try and make it in the game - with so far just 300 minutes under his belt.

It always amazes me how idiotic fans can be when it comes to players.
They seem to be either brilliant or terrible - depending on what happened in the last few weeks. :dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:20 pm

Özim wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Why does this club always seem to make the wrong decision? His contract runs out in 18 months and it's the perfect opportunity to get rid of a player who is obviously too limited to play the CF role for us

It’s run and managed by a bunch of amateurs that’s why.

Ironic.
Thank the lord almighty that you have no say.
We'd be non league in 5 years
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:52 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Why does this club always seem to make the wrong decision? His contract runs out in 18 months and it's the perfect opportunity to get rid of a player who is obviously too limited to play the CF role for us

It’s run and managed by a bunch of amateurs that’s why.

Ironic.
Thank the lord almighty that you have no say.
We'd be non league in 5 years

We could be if Arteta and Nketiah stick around!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:55 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

No, it's more likely because he is 21 and has been one of best young strikers around up to the level just below 1st team football - and now is embarking on his PL effort to progress and try and make it in the game - with so far just 300 minutes under his belt.

They seem to be either brilliant or terrible - depending on what happened in the last few weeks. :dontknow:

Not being funny but his stats at U21 are meaningless, they rarely translate to senior football, plenty of strikers score in the U21s and don’t cut it at the top level, wasn’t Jeffers the record scorer at one point and he was awful!

This guy lacks ability, he’s been very average for us missing some gilt edged chances and scoring 5 yard tap ins you can barely miss in most cases.

We should sell him.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Gordon Bennit » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:18 am

I would sell as other than tap ins at the top level I just don't see him being anything more than another Jeffers or Dwight Gayle. Wouldn't be upset if he stayed though, depending on whether someone offered ridiculous money that could be used well, e.g. Rhian Brewster.
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:29 am

starmandb wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
starmandb wrote:

He is 3 years younger

Saka has not yet reached the age that mount was when lampard took over at derby
Mount didn’t start playing first team football until he went on loan to vitesse Arnhem
Where he first played under henk Fraser and Edward sturing? .... me neither
His debut coming at the age that saka was in April 2020 3and a half months before arteta’s arsenal beat lampards Chelsea in the fa cup final
Just like what happened on Boxing Day but because nothing good is allowed to be said about arteta anymore coz life is all,his shit, his great and if you take a position then god forbid it should ever change a fraction because that makes you weak on the internet and there is no greater shame than being wrong on that bastion of truth
Then that Boxing Day chelsea were not even trying because it was Boxing Day and why would they have wanted to go second anyway.
Let’s big up a chelsea player and manager though because it fits an agenda
Big up the arsenal
f**k everyone else

Starmandb, I didn't give Wenger the credit for developing Fabregas or RVP because they were top talents from the first games they played. This has nothing to do with me taking a stance on Arteta and digging my heels in. I credited him for Laca's improvement, dropping him a little deeper was a good decision that has helped the player find form. I called out the decision to play Saka on the right which gave the team better balance. I don't like Arteta but I can give him credit when due.

My view of Saka is that he burst on the scene as a left forward and while looking exciting in his first few games he began to look lost and ineffective. He was playing on the left with Kola. He didn't play for 4 or 5 games and then Tierney got injured, Saka came back in at Left back/left wing back. It was at this point we all saw a different Saka, he would burst forward and looked the second best player in the team, behind Auba.

Then the Coronavirus hit. When we resumed the league in July Saka was pushed forward again because Tierney played behind him for every game bar one. During that period Saka's performances were still good and, because he was further forward he was able to get goals AND assists. It led to the contract debate, will he - won't he.

But I don't credit Arteta with Saka's improvement, it happened under Emery and his form has continued under Arteta.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:35 am

In fact, upon further investigation, it wasn't Emery that played Saka at LB/LWB initially and neither was it Arteta!

It was Freddie bloody Ljungberg, so he deserves the praise :lol:

Seriously though, I will concede that Arteta played a big part in Saka"s improvement, the timings were not quite what I thought they were.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:05 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

Not being funny but his stats at U21 are meaningless, they rarely translate to senior football, plenty of strikers score in the U21s and don’t cut it at the top level, wasn’t Jeffers the record scorer at one point and he was awful!

This guy lacks ability, he’s been very average for us missing some gilt edged chances and scoring 5 yard tap ins you can barely miss in most cases.

We should sell him.

Yeah, they do mean something.
When combined with his PL2 record, they mean at the level just below first-team football, very few were better than him.
So, like I said, he is now being tested to see if he can take that to a higher level and score goals in the first team.
So far he has 300 minutes in the PL.
If you think that is enough to judge a 21-year-old starting out in the first team, then you really don't have much of a clue.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby starmandb » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:16 am

theHotHead wrote:In fact, upon further investigation, it wasn't Emery that played Saka at LB/LWB initially and neither was it Arteta!

It was Freddie bloody Ljungberg, so he deserves the praise :lol:

Seriously though, I will concede that Arteta played a big part in Saka"s improvement, the timings were not quite what I thought they were.

Alll good mate
I just find this misery loves company thing so tedious and it was at such a heightened state before Christmas
I have been guilty of lumping you in with comments that you did not make
My post ended up as a general rant on lots of things
As much as I love arsenal it is ultimately a leasure activity and if some can glean no pleasure from it
Then you wonder if some need to find another activity
I am far from my comfort zone when tactics are discussed
Despite having watched football for a long time I still remain pretty ignorant about the machinations of setting up a team.
The jury remains out on arteta but some are sitting waiting for mistakes so they can pile in
Life’s too short
If the last 10 months have not emphasised that then I don’t know what will
We are not out of touch in the league in this strange season
We have a good opportunity in the europa league with an interesting tie approaching
And if the draw works out the worst way in the fa cup we have away games but at grounds we have won under arteta since football resumed
I have always enjoyed the ride
If pleasure only comes in the immediate aftermath of winning a trophy( something that I am hungry for us doing always in every competition) then you are seriously cutting of the joys of a sport
We are all gunners and want the best for the club
Come on you gunners
starmandb

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:38 pm

Fair enough. I can tell you this, if Arteta proves me wrong I will be the first to say so and will support him as I have every Arsenal manager since Terry Neill.

I think the difficult thing is, before Premier League money you could support your club and not feel you were being taken for granted or being taken for a ride. Now that silly money is in the game and so much is being asked from the fans, poor decisions and greed are a bitter pill to swallow.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:42 pm

It’s handy to have a box striker in the squad. Guys like Eduardo or Chicharito.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk