Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (14)

Postby KG3 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:33 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:I'd say it's more like 01/02 and Nketiah is Francis Jeffers.

In 01-02 we had Bergkamp, Henry, Kanu and Wiltord with Jeffers as 5th choice

So if anything this shows how far we’ve fallen if Nketiah is our second choice CF, sure the quality of centre forwards has dropped over the years so it’s hard to find good options.

But the fact is Nketiah doesn’t even make it on the bench for our rivals

Liverpool have Jota behind Firminho, Spurs have Richarlison as Kane’s backup, city have Haaland backed up by Alvarez, United have CR7, Cavan I was the

Kane > Richarlison
Firminho > Jota
Haaland > Alvarez
Whoever Chelsea sign to replace Lukaku > Broja CR7 > (Cavani last season who will now be replaced )

CR7 is possibly leaving so maybe United will neeed to sign two, anyways by the time all the signings are done we will have the weakest duo
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:40 pm

Bergkamp, Henry, Kanu and Wiltord

Henry is Jesus
Odegaard is Bergkamp
Wiltord played RW so that's Saka
We're missing a Kanu.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:49 pm

Others are looking for established strikers/forwards only, whereas we wish to give a chance to a homegrown player who has shown some promise. Besides, now, we have other goal threats as well, not only dependant on CFs/ strikers only. Nothing wrong in that.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:14 am

ag6789 wrote:Others are looking for established strikers/forwards only, whereas we wish to give a chance to a homegrown player who has shown some promise. Besides, now, we have other goal threats as well, not only dependant on CFs/ strikers only. Nothing wrong in that.

So you are happy doing foolishness and falling FURTHER behind our rivals, because "we wish to give a homegrown player that has shown some promise a chance"

This is not a charity, its a football club that charges its fans shitloads to watch them. We EXPECT to be competitive.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:14 am

ag6789 wrote:Others are looking for established strikers/forwards only, whereas we wish to give a chance to a homegrown player who has shown some promise. Besides, now, we have other goal threats as well, not only dependant on CFs/ strikers only. Nothing wrong in that.

This is nonsense. We are not giving a chance to a homegrown player, we are accepting we have no better option for a backup striker. We waited for Nketiah’s contract to run out before giving him a new deal. It shows neither he nor the club have a choice other than to renew a mediocre relationship.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:

So you are happy doing foolishness and falling FURTHER behind our rivals, because "we wish to give a homegrown player that has shown some promise a chance"

This is not a charity, its a football club that charges its fans shitloads to watch them. We EXPECT to be competitive.

All of those posts are the epitome of toxic positivity and hopium. Nobody sane thinks Eddie on £100k pw represents anything other than management's failure to attract a proper striker.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reiss » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:39 am

Good performance from him against Nurnberg.

Great link up play with Jesus. They seemed to have built a good understanding already.

Will be a big season for this lad :hail:
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:02 am

.......a good understanding yet they are likely to not play together if both are playing as our CF?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby TedLasso » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:.......a good understanding yet they are likely to not play together if both are playing as our CF?

Arteta seems to be favoring players with versatility so I would wager that Nketiah comes off the bench as a sub at CF and Jesus will move to either LW/RW in certain games. Or it will allow him to move to a 3-5-2 in certain situations. The formation flexibility is a huge bonus that I think too many people view as formation indecisiveness.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:44 am

TedLasso wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:.......a good understanding yet they are likely to not play together if both are playing as our CF?

Arteta seems to be favoring players with versatility so I would wager that Nketiah comes off the bench as a sub at CF and Jesus will move to either LW/RW in certain games. Or it will allow him to move to a 3-5-2 in certain situations. The formation flexibility is a huge bonus that I think too many people view as formation indecisiveness.

Yeah, maybe. Almost all out forwards tend to challenge defenders and force them to make unnecessary errors. Martinelli, Saka, Pepe, Nketiah, Jesus are good at that. Aubameyang or Lacazette were not doing that enough.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:30 am

With the bare two strikers and suggestions they play together, best we get some kind of super human medical team.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:15 am

the only 2 forwards we have that will strike fear in the opposing team are Jesus and Saka. Martinelli needs to step it up, Nketiah is meh and so is Pepe
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:49 am

i been pretty rough on little Eddie..

but i have been tryna turn over a new leaf... since....

he's ours again and so..

i will say this.. he plays like one hungry mfing young man, works his bollocks off... and DOES havde a pretty solid fox in the box kinda game... and if our new addtions/system can create havoc in and around the box?

maybe there is a bigass crowpie ill be eating....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:27 pm

theHotHead wrote:the only 2 forwards we have that will strike fear in the opposing team are Jesus and Saka. Martinelli needs to step it up, Nketiah is meh and so is Pepe

Nketiah is getting more goals than Saka though ratio wise.

I don't care about a fear aspect, I care about numbers on the board and as much as I've criticised Eddie, his desperation to get actual goals is what sets him apart.

While everyone else is sideways passing or going backwards or too far out wide so has to settle for a cross, Eddie is always hunting in the box to be in position for a goal and he showed he is capable of getting them.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:27 pm

He missed some gilt edged chances today but his runs energized the attack. Thought he had positive impact when chips were down.
Should start against EL and Carabo cup opponents, at least in early stages.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk