Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:18 pm

If we sell, I'm more annoyed about the time we wasted giving him minutes to try and convince him to sign a new deal.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby tufnelltoughie » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Absolutely get rid of this guy.

The only thing I'm finding hilarious is that we're selling off almost the entire team half way through a season with no signings on the horizon.

Its farcial like a Carry On film.

The clowns in charge of the club haven't got a clue.

They've allowed Balogun, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Calum Chambers, Pablo Mari and now potentially Nketiah and Aubameyang to leave the club.

With 3 days left of the TX window, all I'm hearing is they might sign a midfielder Luiz from Villa!

Edu and Arteta OUT.
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:34 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Absolutely get rid of this guy.

The only thing I'm finding hilarious is that we're selling off almost the entire team half way through a season with no signings on the horizon.

Its farcial like a Carry On film.

Spot on, very poor planning and this odd timing of the sales.

I don’t really understand why we couldn’t get transfers lined up and then done early, we’ve signed the American keeper for the summer, so why couldn’t we line up some deals for January?

The timing isn't that odd, Eddie is on 0 league goals and will likely end the season that way as well because he isn't starting ahead of Laca. His deal's up in 4 months, may as well squeeze Newcastle for a couple of million.

I meant odd in the sense that we’re selling and loaning everyone without anyone else lined up, Nketiah isn’t good enough though, I’d have kept Balogun and given him a run to see what he could do maybe.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:57 pm

billie86 wrote:The fact we are getting rid of Eddie and only leaving ourselves with 1 recognized centre forward surely means we are on the verge of signing another striker? Hope so

Exactly.

Hopefully AFC are twisting their own arm.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:07 pm

We put all our eggs in one basket. Then Vlahovic hatched and flew away to Italy.

Though it did say return to Turin on the shell in the first place.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:07 pm

Reiss wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:If we sell, I'm more annoyed about the time we wasted giving him minutes to try and convince him to sign a new deal.

And why did we loan out Balogun?

That too. In truth, we should have loaned Balogun out at the start of the season if we're weren’t going to give him much playing time. These are key development years. Just so much indecision going on.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:09 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:If we sell, I'm more annoyed about the time we wasted giving him minutes to try and convince him to sign a new deal.

That too. In truth, we should have loaned Balogun out at the start of the season if we're weren’t going to give him much playing time. These are key development years. Just so much indecision going on.

Yes everything is an afterthought, AMN as was another who again we kept good of and didn’t use.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:44 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:

Yes everything is an afterthought, AMN as was another who again we kept good of and didn’t use.

The signs were there early that Nketiah wasn't going to sign and the same signs are there for Lacazette. I'm not sure who we have doing the negotiations but it seems like we're taking it right to the wire with most deals.

The funny thing is, Nketiah and Balogun share the same agent. Remember last season Balogun had the same contract gripe and was stalling because he wasn't getting game time? The same agent would have been in those meetings and if they convinced Balogun to stay after telling him he'll get more game time, you can maybe see why Nketiah hasn't signed a new deal. They're not falling for it.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:59 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:

The signs were there early that Nketiah wasn't going to sign and the same signs are there for Lacazette. I'm not sure who we have doing the negotiations but it seems like we're taking it right to the wire with most deals.

The funny thing is, Nketiah and Balogun share the same agent. Remember last season Balogun had the same contract gripe and was stalling because he wasn't getting game time? The same agent would have been in those meetings and if they convinced Balogun to stay after telling him he'll get more game time, you can maybe see why Nketiah hasn't signed a new deal. They're not falling for it.

Yes I agree, we really should have sold both last summer, we always seem to allow players to run their deals down to nothing.

Regarding Balogun, this is a repeat of AMN isn’t it, convinced them to stay then give them no game time, a really odd strategy, like you said he would have been better gaining experience on loan.

Balogun was seemingly set on not signing a new contract because he was getting no game time, so I presume the club told him he would get to play before he resigned. Then he doesn’t play.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:34 pm

^^ Balogun situation is IMO a repeat of the Saliba situation where he wasted half a season w U23s before going to Nice in Jan.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:23 am

Some repeated patterns for sure. It doesn’t make sense.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:59 am

No problem selling eddie, he can be replaced by any shit kid from the reserves.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:00 am

Santi wrote:No problem selling eddie, he can be replaced by any shit kid from the reserves.

Honestly take the money and run, dunno why we rejected Palace offer of 10Million in the summer that was way too generous
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:01 pm

Santi wrote:No problem selling eddie, he can be replaced by any shit kid from the reserves.

............. like the one we just loaned out?

:hiding:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:06 pm

What a horrible thing to say.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk