Joe Willock

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Joe Willock (on loan - Newcastle United)

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 09, 2021 8:49 am

Santi wrote:Jesus Christ, young kid who can’t get in our team is sent on loan to get football and improve. Kid improves or at least made himself more attractive to buyers...somehow that is mikels fault as well?

The club have done the exact right thing with willock, no we either get a better player come back or 20m+ from selling what we thought was a shitter.

Win win, stop crying.

Santi stop this nonsensical argument! The point is and has always been that our players are underperforming under Arteta, you, Jayram and possibly one other claim the players are not good enough AND that Arteta is not to blame. The fact that the players go out on loan and immediately look better confirms something I at least have been saying for ages - that Arteta is not getting the best/most out of the players and that he is not playing a system that suits the players we have.

Whilst I agree a loan is better for us because it gives players game time they wouldn't necessarily get at Arsenal, the bigger problem is Arteta's inability to see talent and to use the talent. In the meantime he plays players who are sub-standard and gives a brand of football the worst I have ever seen in my days of supporting Arsenal.

If he can't see the talent the players have he should f**k off and do fishing instead and leave the footie management to others.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun May 09, 2021 8:56 am

Wonder what ceballos, odegaard, and William have cost in the mean time.
Would have to be a loss as opposed to the fees of our mid fielders on loan.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun May 09, 2021 8:58 am

^^^^^ and we actually own willian
Dear god!
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerred » Sun May 09, 2021 8:58 am

A lot of the players are rubbish, but a decent manager get the best out of his players. He decides the tactics and the positions that players play in. We had 4 shots on target over the two legs against Villarreal, the first leg played without a striker. It's just not good enough! You listen to any pundit and they are united in that Arteta had got his tactics wrong. The players seemed to lack belief, motivation,urgency for large parts of the match. These are professional players many of whom play for their countries, I bet you'll see a different performance from them in an internationl. Whilst I agree that players shouldn't need much motivation to get to a final, the manager has to motivate them as well.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Paddy » Sun May 09, 2021 9:08 am

i guarantee you if tuchel was here he would be getting a lot more of our players

look at the jump in form and output at chelsea now compared to rookie lampard

we can get so much more out of these players.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Power n Glory » Sun May 09, 2021 9:37 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:Jesus Christ, young kid who can’t get in our team is sent on loan to get football and improve. Kid improves or at least made himself more attractive to buyers...somehow that is mikels fault as well?

The club have done the exact right thing with willock, no we either get a better player come back or 20m+ from selling what we thought was a shitter.

Win win, stop crying.

It's ridiculous isn't it...
The state of some our fans.
Not a single one of them was crying out for Willock to start when he was here.

I am sure if they stubbed their toes in the morning getting out of bed, they'd blame Arteta.

Is it that much different to you saying we have missed Ozil and Arteta treated him wrong?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Sun May 09, 2021 10:03 am

Goonerred wrote:A lot of the players are rubbish, but a decent manager get the best out of his players. He decides the tactics and the positions that players play in. We had 4 shots on target over the two legs against Villarreal, the first leg played without a striker. It's just not good enough! You listen to any pundit and they are united in that Arteta had got his tactics wrong. The players seemed to lack belief, motivation,urgency for large parts of the match. These are professional players many of whom play for their countries, I bet you'll see a different performance from them in an internationl. Whilst I agree that players shouldn't need much motivation to get to a final, the manager has to motivate them as well.

Feedback from those watching the team at the stadium say Arteta shouts a lot of instructions from the sidelines and it's way more than what they hear from other managers. It's overkill. Maybe that's part of the problem. Who knows. The modern game seems overcoached these days anyway.

Not everything is his fault and we have players that are limited but most managers will find a way to make a functioning team out of what they have and improve key areas over time. It's taken far too long for us to establish a style of play and the starting line up keeps shifting. If the idea is to build from the back then surely you don't pick Rob Holding for the game over Gabriel or Chambers. Tactics have to suit the players available. Arteta coming from the school of Pep is a worry because he's learned ideas from a man that had the likes of Messi, Xavi, Sterling and KDB along with an near unlimited budget. Some of the things Arteta is trying require that level of player. Also, going back to players being overcoached, when you have a World Class talent, you can't always coach those magical moments.

https://youtu.be/YRk3wVJp8gI

This example Henry speaks of when under Pep is what I mean about being overcoached. Kills creativity and we're not seeing the magical moments like we used to. Everything is so choreographed.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 09, 2021 10:57 am

jayramfootball wrote:

Win win, stop crying.

It's ridiculous isn't it...
The state of some our fans.
Not a single one of them was crying out for Willock to start when he was here.

I am sure if they stubbed their toes in the morning getting out of bed, they'd blame Arteta.

I will be the first to say I don't rate Willock at all and don't want him here. But the funny thing is, Steve Bruce is able to get more out of him than Arteta did. Steve bloody Bruce.

Tells you all you need to know about wrong tactics/systems and the ability of Arteta to get the best out of players.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun May 09, 2021 2:51 pm

He’s mostly coming on as a sub when newcastle are chasing a goal, I really don’t think there’s much to read into with his form tbh. Just good if it gets us some decent money.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun May 09, 2021 2:53 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Win win, stop crying.

Santi stop this nonsensical argument! The point is and has always been that our players are underperforming under Arteta, you, Jayram and possibly one other claim the players are not good enough AND that Arteta is not to blame. The fact that the players go out on loan and immediately look better confirms something I at least have been saying for ages - that Arteta is not getting the best/most out of the players and that he is not playing a system that suits the players we have.

Whilst I agree a loan is better for us because it gives players game time they wouldn't necessarily get at Arsenal, the bigger problem is Arteta's inability to see talent and to use the talent. In the meantime he plays players who are sub-standard and gives a brand of football the worst I have ever seen in my days of supporting Arsenal.

If he can't see the talent the players have he should f**k off and do fishing instead and leave the footie management to others.

No disagreement that arteta isn’t getting the best out of our squad.

But this is the willock thread, the same willock who was shit under emery as well. He’s a trash player and a few goals for Newcastle have nothing to do with Arteta...only whether we will now get a good fee for a player who wasn’t good enough for us.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 09, 2021 7:13 pm

You get no argument from me on this, I certainly won't be using it as a stick to beat Arteta with. I would be more annoyed if Arteta decided to use Willock! Willock shining at Newcastle doesnt mean he wiuld be of benefit to Arsenal, I think Newcastle is his level, fair play, let him stay there!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Mon May 10, 2021 12:18 pm

Santi wrote:He’s mostly coming on as a sub when newcastle are chasing a goal, I really don’t think there’s much to read into with his form tbh. Just good if it gets us some decent money.

He has started 8 games
Came off the bench 3 times
Was an unused sub once
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby swipe right » Mon May 10, 2021 1:11 pm

starmandb wrote:
Santi wrote:He’s mostly coming on as a sub when newcastle are chasing a goal, I really don’t think there’s much to read into with his form tbh. Just good if it gets us some decent money.

He has started 8 games
Was an unused sub once

Scored 4 in the last 4. I think he’s totally scored more than all our midfielders combined.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Mon May 10, 2021 4:11 pm

swipe right wrote:
starmandb wrote:

He has started 8 games
Was an unused sub once

Scored 4 in the last 4. I think he’s totally scored more than all our midfielders combined.

Saka 7
Smith Rowe 3
Elneny 3
Odegaard 1
Xhaka 1
starmandb

Postby Santi » Mon May 10, 2021 8:30 pm

starmandb wrote:

He has started 8 games
Was an unused sub once

And most of his goals? From the bench weren’t they

Vs Spurs
Vs liverpool
Vs West Ham

3 games in a row as super sub iirc
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext