Joe Willock

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Joseph 'Joe' Willock (28)

Postby Fenice » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:52 pm

He did what he could. He tried and that’s all we can ask. Also had some bright moments.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Losmeister » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:11 pm

yes, bright at times, also had some bonehead giveaways during that nightmare stretch right after their 3rd...

where it seemed they all took turns f***ing up like pubbers
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:20 pm

The Arsenal has always loved players that pull their sleeves up was our best player today
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fenice » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:48 pm

I’m not about to slag someone off who was played as a winger for most of the game (look at his heatmap) while he’s still getting used to first team football. He did what he could.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:18 pm

Love the lad. We mustn't forget how young and inexperienced he is. He will have some poor games from time to time but he put in a shift today.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:59 am

Jury is still out on him, he is doing his best I know and hasn't had the games to provide a real assessment of him, lets hope given time Smoking Joe with produce the goods.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Dejan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:24 am

Not that impressed tbh.

He is nowhere near ready starting for us, especially anfield

Shocker from the don

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:55 am

Arsenal.com

Joe Willock signs new contract

Midfielder Joe Willock has signed a new long-term contract.

Joe, who turned 20 last month, has been associated with the club since he was four years old. He has progressed through our youth ranks at the Arsenal Academy, making his senior debut in September 2017 against Doncaster Rovers in the League Cup.

He has now made 20 first team appearances and started our first three Premier League matches this season. He was also included in the latest England Under-21 squad.

Technical director Edu said: “We’re delighted that Joe has committed his long-term future to us. The hard work of the academy coaches and staff, Joe, his family and everyone behind the scenes have been key to the development of his potential.

“Bringing young players through to the first team from the academy is an important part of our approach and Joe’s progression is a good example for how we want to work in the future. Joe has shown hard work and determination to get this far. He’s continuing to develop and we look forward to him making a big contribution to the club.”

Head coach Unai Emery said: “Joe has progressed a lot in the last year. He is technically strong and has shown the confidence to take responsibility and play his game whatever the occasion or opposition. I’m looking forward to working with to help him develop further and fulfil his potential.”

Everyone at Arsenal congratulates Joe on his new contract. We all look forward to his continued development with us.

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zenith » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:36 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:55 pm

Not exactly the greatest stat that one Z :rofll:

Awful from the rest of the team tbh
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:57 pm

↑ It really is and further emphasises my earlier point that we have no goal threat whatsoever from midfield areas.

Other than Joe, that is.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:00 pm

Zenith wrote:

Ozil, Mhikytaryan and Ramsey all had 6 goals each, but across all competitions, which tbf is pretty bad.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:06 pm

With a bit of levelling up (which is going to happen) he'll be like a direct Aaron Ramsey replacement.

Same type of game, CM who bursts forward carrying the ball and either off loads it or goes in for a goal.

All he has to do is mature his game a bit which will come in the next few years and he'll be right there, just what we needed, very happy with him, was the most advanced youth until Martinelli popped up but Willock is still the most 1st team ready for his position.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:02 am

I have commented previously that my initial perception of mighty Joe was undoubtedly biased due to the disappointment of his brother Chris not making the transition into our first team, whom I considered to be the more naturally talented sibling and therefore better equipped to make it.

Removing my size 12 shoe that had since been lodged firmly up my arse, I had forgotten one of the golden rules of coaching being that achieving success is 20% talent and 80% determination and effort.

Having seen some of the comparisons made with former legendary midfielders Patrick Viera and Cesc Fabregas, funnily enough the player that young Master Willock puts me in mind of the most is...Dele Alli.

I am not saying that they have an identical game or style or anything, just that I see something's in how he plays that reminds me of the Tottenham peanut head.

Believe me, I genuinely wish I felt compelled to say Steven Gerrard instead, but that would be purely wishful thinking than anything tangible.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football