Joe Willock

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Joe Willock

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:56 pm

theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:All the media now reporting that Willock has asked to go back on loan to Newcastle ....

:pray:

For 2 reasons. The first because he will lose whatever attractiveness he offers currently if he plays for Arteta and secondly he is not good enough for Arsenal.

Then we should sell him whilst his stock is high.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Angelito » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:10 pm

Özim wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:All the media now reporting that Willock has asked to go back on loan to Newcastle ....

For 2 reasons. The first because he will lose whatever attractiveness he offers currently if he plays for Arteta and secondly he is not good enough for Arsenal.

^

A loan doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't mind if we sold him for £10m as long as we write a first-refusal or buy-back clause on his contract.

Ideally, we should be getting £20m for a home-grown player who did well at Newcastle. But this is Arsenal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:32 am

Angelito wrote:
Özim wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

^

A loan doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't mind if we sold him for £10m as long as we write a first-refusal or buy-back clause on his contract.

Ideally, we should be getting £20m for a home-grown player who did well at Newcastle. But this is Arsenal.

I think we should do a deal where we sell to Newcastle for a 'cheap' 10m but write in a significant sell-on percentage.
win/win.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:52 am

Newcastle are still "badgering away" trying to bring Joe Willock back to the club, added Bruce.

Willock, 21, helped the team secure their Premier League future by scoring eight goals in 14 top-flight appearances while on loan from Arsenal in 2020-21.

Bruce is keen to bring the England Under-21 player back on loan after he helped propel Newcastle to a 12th-placed finish following a strong end to the season.

"As I've said, it's really Arsenal's decision," Bruce said.

"And until Arsenal make a decision - a bit like all the big clubs, they have a look over pre-season and see what they're getting in and not getting in - we'll keep monitoring and badgering away."
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:09 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Özim wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

^

I think we should do a deal where we sell to Newcastle for a 'cheap' 10m but write in a significant sell-on percentage.
win/win.

This seems like the most logical approach, anythng else is stupid in my opinion.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:59 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Özim wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

^

win/win.

This seems like the most logical approach, anythng else is stupid in my opinion.

You two would fit right it with the current negation team :rofll:

What poor business lol
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:16 pm

Ach wrote:
Newcastle are still "badgering away" trying to bring Joe Willock back to the club, added Bruce.

Willock, 21, helped the team secure their Premier League future by scoring eight goals in 14 top-flight appearances while on loan from Arsenal in 2020-21.

Bruce is keen to bring the England Under-21 player back on loan after he helped propel Newcastle to a 12th-placed finish following a strong end to the season.

"As I've said, it's really Arsenal's decision," Bruce said.

"And until Arsenal make a decision - a bit like all the big clubs, they have a look over pre-season and see what they're getting in and not getting in - we'll keep monitoring and badgering away."

They won't be submitting a bid. They can wait for Willock to force his way out.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Loan him to Newcastle.

Honestly, if he plays again like he did for them end of last season he'll be a £35m player all day on his way to £45m.

Remember he was the highest scoring CM in that period in the league or at least joint top.

Just goes to show what a manager can do for their player, embarrassing really.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:57 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Loan him to Newcastle.

Honestly, if he plays again like he did for them end of last season he'll be a £35m player all day on his way to £45m.

Remember he was the highest scoring CM in that period in the league or at least joint top.

It's sell now or lose him for close to nothing next summer when he has a year left on his deal.

Newcastle haven't even bid for him, so who will he be worth £30m to one year from now?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:19 pm

We should be able to sell him to be honest, the goals he scored should surely lead to some interest.

We really struggle with players sales, I mean most of our players get loaned out.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:22 pm

aniym wrote:

It's sell now or lose him for close to nothing next summer when he has a year left on his deal.

Newcastle haven't even bid for him, so who will he be worth £30m to one year from now?

They won't if he only has 1 year left, I didn't know that.

However Willock was one of the best performing CM's in the prem but it was only for half a season, if he had a full season like that he would be £30m+.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
aniym wrote:

They won't if he only has 1 year left, I didn't know that.

However Willock was one of the best performing CM's in the prem but it was only for half a season, if he had a full season like that he would be £30m+.

Not as long as Mike Ashley runs Newcastle.

Everton, absolutely. They bought Lukaku for £28m after he did a great job for them, and this was years before Usmanov's money.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:19 am

Everyone seems to look straight past any potential he has though. I am far from happy with how he performs for Arsenal, but to put in a shift like he did for Newcastle last season does not happen by accident. The kid has something. It is more shameful on us in being unable to unlock and cherish that. Still has something to give, but does not seem like he can do so here. Hope its not another Gnabry, he was definitely 'not good enough for The Arsenal' right?
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:06 am

KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Özim wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

^

win/win.

You two would fit right it with the current negation team :rofll:

What poor business lol

Why is that ? Explain ......
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:08 am

aniym wrote:

If he continues his decent form a lot more clubs than just Newcastle will be wanting to sign him !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football