Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Emile Smith Rowe

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:01 pm

Sims wrote:was linked with a loan move to fulham i saw

I think at this point I'd rather Willock go out on loan than Smith Rowe. I trust Arteta's judgement though.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:34 pm

Callum wrote:

I think at this point I'd rather Willock go out on loan than Smith Rowe. I trust Arteta's judgement though.

willock has shown he can have positive contribution to the team. Smith rowe has shown nothing. I have noticed a weird pattern with most Arsenal fans. Between two young players, they will always picked the younger less proven ones. Its the same thing with Nketian and balugon. Willock is a lot more rated than Smith Rowe who has done nothing. I really dont get the hype this guy has
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Ffs keep him

Bye willock
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:54 pm

gooney wrote:
Callum wrote:

willock has shown he can have positive contribution to the team. Smith rowe has shown nothing. I have noticed a weird pattern with most Arsenal fans. Between two young players, they will always picked the younger less proven ones. Its the same thing with Nketian and balugon. Willock is a lot more rated than Smith Rowe who has done nothing. I really dont get the hype this guy has

I like Willock and rate him more than most seem to do here, I just feel at this point in his career a loan move would be more beneficial to him. Smith Rowe has been out on loan and I think he offers creativity we're lacking. I'm also not talking about playing him regularly in the league yet, but in our European and cup games.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:05 pm

Callum wrote:
gooney wrote:
Callum wrote:

I like Willock and rate him more than most seem to do here, I just feel at this point in his career a loan move would be more beneficial to him. Smith Rowe has been out on loan and I think he offers creativity we're lacking. I'm also not talking about playing him regularly in the league yet, but in our European and cup games.

Willock has over 60 games for Arsenal. Sending him on loan and give a player who has 2-3 games for Arsenal makes us weaker. You want to rely on less experienced player? and a season in the championship would do nothing for willock after over 60 games for arsenal
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:56 pm

I think in the short term perhaps it does, but I think Willock would benefit from a season of playing week in, week out, and not just relying on substitute appearances. I'm not saying he should go on loan but it might be best for his long term development.

As I said, I'm happy to go along with whatever Arteta decides is best for both Willock and ESR.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:50 pm

Futher Willock gets from the Arsenal team the better so agree with Callum.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:09 pm

Willock played the most number of games of all Arsenal players last season—44. Not as many minutes. He averages around 43 mins per game.

While I do believe he needs a loan elsewhere as a starter, Gooney does have a point. If he couldn't really excel in 44 games playing for Arsenal, what would a loan deal do for him in a Championship side? Unless he goes on loan to a Prem side, or a BuLi side, it's not going to help him.

I wouldn't be opposed to selling him if we included a buy-back clause. Much better than a loan deal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:27 pm

Angelito wrote:Willock played the most number of games of all Arsenal players last season—44. Not as many minutes. He averages around 43 mins per game.

While I do believe he needs a loan elsewhere as a starter, Gooney does have a point. If he couldn't really excel in 44 games playing for Arsenal, what would a loan deal do for him in a Championship side? Unless he goes on loan to a Prem side, or a BuLi side, it's not going to help him.

I wouldn't be opposed to selling him if we included a buy-back clause. Much better than a loan deal.

willock is seen as a squad player. Not every youngster has to be a star player of failed. But he seems someone who is versatile that can be thrown in and used. But smith rowe is 20 and had 22 league games in his career. His first season on loan was all injury and half of his second season was injuries. He needs playing time, not being backup at Arsenal
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 pm

What's with him? Is he going to be a part of the first team or going on loan again?
It is about time for him to break into the squad otherwise , I'm afraid he'll be like Bielk and many others leaving for the Championship and then get into oblivion.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ESR10 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:14 pm

^ He was/is injured, but should be fit very soon.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby ESR10 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:23 pm

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... e-19022876

One player who, as things stand, will not be joining him out on loan for the time being is Emile Smith Rowe. The playmaker, who is due to return to training shortly after a shoulder injury, spent the second half of last season with Huddersfield Town.

Arteta is a firm admirer of Smith Rowe and believes that working under him is the best environment for the 20-year-old to develop for the time being. Arsenal view the youngster as a No.8 or No.10, both positions where Aouar would add to their options.

I'd like to see him given the minutes Willock is getting. I can't really see the potential in Willock. Smith-Rowe though could be destined for big things.
ESR10

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:24 pm

Looked good under emery.

Needs to stay fit.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm

Mustafi wrote:https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-nelson-smith-rowe-19022876

One player who, as things stand, will not be joining him out on loan for the time being is Emile Smith Rowe. The playmaker, who is due to return to training shortly after a shoulder injury, spent the second half of last season with Huddersfield Town.

Arteta is a firm admirer of Smith Rowe and believes that working under him is the best environment for the 20-year-old to develop for the time being. Arsenal view the youngster as a No.8 or No.10, both positions where Aouar would add to their options.

I'd like to see him given the minutes Willock is getting. I can't really see the potential in Willock. Smith-Rowe though could be destined for big things.

Agreed.

He has that spring of Ramsey and burst of Chamberlain. Whether that translates into anything is a different issue altogether.

I'd use him in the Europa League this season. If he doesn't cut it, we can loan him out in January.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KG3 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:15 pm

I feel like this is gonna be a big season for him seeing as Aouar is not coming this will be ESR’s chance to show Arteta that we don’t need to buy him or someone like him next season.

We always have that one youngster who has a breakthrough season that we can depend on 10/11 Wilshere, Gnabry 13/14, Campbell 15/16, Guendouzi 18/19, 19/20 Martinelli and Saka to name a few, not including the most recent two none of those every made the grade despite having influential season as youngsters at the time although Gnabry was technically good enough as you can see based on his current level.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk