Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Emile Smith Rowe (32)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:07 pm

Probably unlikely we sign a new CAM.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:10 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Alright ESR! He has been given the number 10 shirt which could mean he is now a first team starter. That's probably the assurance they were looking for.

He was never leaving.
The media were just trolling Arsenal fans.
Fake crisis averted.

Wear that Number 10 shirt with pride young man!

Didn't think he'd leave but I don't think the media made up those Villa bids like you said. PR games and my guess is that ESR's camp wanted assurance of playing time. The Villa story was good leverage.

All the stories were published in a way to play on the Villa/Arsenal 'rivalry' created by the Buendia transfer (which by the way we don't even know whether we ever bid for him).
The ' preparing 3rd bid' running for days saying "Arsenal steeling themselves' was all complete and utter BS.
I doubt there was a second bid and I question whether there was even a first.
I also doubt ESR was playing anyone - doesn't seem the type.
It was just a stupid conversation in the first place because he was never leaving and most knew it - even the poster (can't remember who) who literally posted 'he's gone'. It was all just to dig at the club and Arteta to feed the negativity, which is exactly what the media were aiming for.
But there again - I don't know the details of what happened and don;t really care now.

It doesn't matter now - we can all be happy.
Say what you like about Arteta and Edu but they seem to have got their sh*t together in this window.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:12 pm

Great news!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:12 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Probably unlikely we sign a new CAM.

Likely he'll bring Odegaard back on loan.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 pm

No need really - unless it's a backup to ESR, which we have options for anyway.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Who do you have in mind?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:23 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Who do you have in mind?

I think Saka can fit in there - and if so we have cover for him in the wide positions
Laca can also play deeper as cover if ESR is injured.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:28 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Alright ESR! He has been given the number 10 shirt which could mean he is now a first team starter. That's probably the assurance they were looking for.

He was never leaving.
Fake crisis averted.

Didn't think he'd leave but I don't think the media made up those Villa bids like you said. PR games and my guess is that ESR's camp wanted assurance of playing time. The Villa story was good leverage.

All the stories were published in a way to play on the Villa/Arsenal 'rivalry' created by the Buendia transfer (which by the way we don't even know whether we ever bid for him).
The ' preparing 3rd bid' running for days saying "Arsenal steeling themselves' was all complete and utter BS.
It was just a stupid conversation in the first place because he was never leaving and most knew it - even the poster (can't remember who) who literally posted 'he's gone'. It was all just to dig at the club and Arteta to feed the negativity, which is exactly what the media were aiming for.
But there again - I don't know the details of what happened and don;t really care now.

Say what you like about Arteta and Edu but they seem to have got their sh*t together in this window.

I don't know how you pick and choose what parts of the press to believe and what not to believe. As I've said before, some of the more credible sources have been reporting on our pursuit of Tavares, Lokoguna and even the initial report of Smith Rowe sitting down for the talks. It's not all rubbish otherwise we'd be taken by complete surprise by some of these signings.

I didn't think ESR would want to leave but I also pay attention to what Ashley Cole said about how his contract talks were handled and Walcott's comments when he was negotiating. The club can't take these players for granted just because they're English, offer them any deal and assume they'll sign anything. Good to see that hasn't happened here but still a long way to go for ESR. If he can make that position his own this season.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:31 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

He was never leaving.
Fake crisis averted.

I don't know how you pick and choose what parts of the press to believe and what not to believe. As I've said before, some of the more credible sources have been reporting on our pursuit of Tavares, Lokoguna and even the initial report of Smith Rowe sitting down for the talks. It's not all rubbish otherwise we'd be taken by complete surprise by some of these signings.

I didn't think ESR would want to leave but I also pay attention to what Ashley Cole said about how his contract talks were handled and Walcott's comments when he was negotiating. The club can't take these players for granted just because they're English, offer them any deal and assume they'll sign anything. Good to see that hasn't happened here but still a long way to go for ESR. If he can make that position his own this season.

Of course it's not all rubbish, just the vast majority of it.
Anyway like I said, the fake crisis is over. I am sure another one will pop up though to bash the club with.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:33 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Who do you have in mind?

I think Saka can fit in there - and if so we have cover for him in the wide positions

I think Laca is leaving. Have to disagree about Saka playing that role.

I'd like to see Odegaard come back. He was starting to show real signs of promise toward the end of the season. Takes while to get used to the PL.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:38 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Who do you have in mind?

I'd like to see Odegaard come back. He was starting to show real signs of promise toward the end of the season. Takes while to get used to the PL.

If Laca leaves it does narrow options.
Not sure I would like Odegaard back unless he was prepared to play only as a back up in case of injury.
I don't want ESRs game time limited by developing a player for RM.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:39 pm

Laca ain’t going anywhere. It makes 0 sense for him to leave now when he can get double the money next year.

Plus there’s been no rumours and it’s too late to sell him and buy a decent replacement now, his exit has never been a strong rumour. Thank god.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:42 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Who do you have in mind?

If Laca leaves it does narrow options.
Not sure I would like Odegaard back unless he was prepared to play only as a back up in case of injury.
I don't want ESRs game time limited by developing a player for RM.

Same. Odegaard coming back is unlikely. ESR getting the number 10 shirt is a massive indication of where he plays and being a starter. Agree on Saka being a good backup option but Willian will probably play there if needed.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:49 pm

He was always a starter. The delays were probably us lowballing him on wages. After the Villa bids and BW's £120k leaks, he's probably getting as much if not more.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby themessiah » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:57 pm

We will sign a back up CAM can not have freaking Willian as the back up CAM ffs :BangHead: :angry: . maybe someone we never heard of or will get Isco on loan on deadline day :crybaby: :rolleyes: :( :lol: . I like Esr but his fitness is his only problem for me he needs work develop that as he runs out of stamina too quickly because of his insane work rate so having him play every game week probably isn't even a possibility.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk