Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Emile Smith Rowe (32)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:40 pm

There was no need to rest him at all today - in fact, it may end up damaging his progress. He played 5 days ago , which is 3 days longer than he needed to be 100% ready to go after the Monday game. We play again in 3 days - again way way longer than any recovery time a player needs from playing 90 minutes of football.
Constant chopping and changing of players who show signs of development to the extent they are one of our best players is a dumb thing to do.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jack The Ripper » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:47 pm

We missed him so much today. amazing player
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:48 pm

aniym wrote:He should be able to negotiate a 100k pw easily. Arteta's entire attacking system revolves around him and Saka.

Nope.

His agent shouldn't be pushing for that. A player earning £100k a week as a teenager would kill his growth unless he's an anomaly.

£40k a week for now. He gets to shine at Arsenal and if he's up for it, he can leapfrog to another level and join one of the super elites. Hope he has a good agent.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:52 pm

We'll probably end up offering 100k without him or his agent asking for it. That's how stupid the board are

Player won't say no cos he's not stupid.

And when it comes to contact renewal, he'll want a raise. We'll disagree. He'll leave.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KG3 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:40 pm

ESR doesn’t seem like that type of player I think his contract extension should be simple and smooth, does he have that same agent as Balogun?
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:47 am

KG3 wrote:ESR doesn’t seem like that type of player I think his contract extension should be simple and smooth, does he have that same agent as Balogun?

No. Just like Medley, Smith Rowe is represented by Jordan Wise.

Balogun is represented by Elite Project Group Limited—along with Saka, Nelson, Nketiah, Dinzeyi, Iwobi, Akpom, Sancho, Cantwell, etc.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:50 pm

Went off injured

Get odegaard asap
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KG3 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Arteta is such an idiot, exactly the same thing he did with Partey a while ago, just wait for the player to be fully fit again instead of taking the risk.

The only time it’s acceptable to rush a player back is for cup finals aside from that it’s not worth it.

Even if it means watching an inferior player, better to watch them for one more game than a few more games due to aggravating the players recent injury.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Ach wrote:Went off injured

Get odegaard asap

Apparently getting Odegaard is just a waste of time because its just a loan. :rolleyes:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:06 pm

It will be if Ode isn't ready to start against Utd and can't hit the ground running. We'll soon see.

He looks and sounds like a good player but it comes back to match fitness and readiness to start.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:34 pm

Power n Glory wrote:It will be if Ode isn't ready to start against Utd and can't hit the ground running. We'll soon see.

He looks and sounds like a good player but it comes back to match fitness and readiness to start.

Honestly I think the Utd game is a bit rough for any player who's just jumped off the plane, they're top of the league.

But again, if the choice is Willian or Odegaard .......... well that's why AFC have said Odegaard is in with a shout, it just depends on how he gets on in training.

My suspicion is he'll start against Wolves, I'm not sure Arteta would start him against Utd after just two sessions with the squad.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:08 pm

“I found out I was in the starting XI against Chelsea on the day of the game. I had a knock on my hotel room door and it was one of the coaches basically saying ‘the manager would like to speak to you downstairs.

“I was thinking ‘am I in trouble, have I done something wrong?’ So I’ve gone down there and he’s sat down in a chair and kind of just looked at me and said ‘I’ve got good news, you’re starting tonight’, he had the tactics board in front of him and showed me where I was playing and what I should do. He gave me so much confidence.

“I was so surprised, my heart was beating so quickly, it was such a big game against a big team like Chelsea. I was really nervous, but at the same time it was a big moment.”

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/02/0 ... s-chelsea/
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:45 pm

Mitch wrote:
Phil71 wrote:“I found out I was in the starting XI against Chelsea on the day of the game. I had a knock on my hotel room door and it was one of the coaches basically saying ‘the manager would like to speak to you downstairs.

“I was thinking ‘am I in trouble, have I done something wrong?’ So I’ve gone down there and he’s sat down in a chair and kind of just looked at me and said ‘I’ve got good news, you’re starting tonight’, he had the tactics board in front of him and showed me where I was playing and what I should do. He gave me so much confidence.

“I was so surprised, my heart was beating so quickly, it was such a big game against a big team like Chelsea. I was really nervous, but at the same time it was a big moment.”

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/02/0 ... s-chelsea/

That's class. I can only imagine how good it would be to play under a warm, classy man like Arteta. Imagine the euphoria that must have been running through him when Arteta put his faith in him.

Did you hear what Odegaard had to say about Arteta? He was close to going back to Sociedad apparently but a phone call from Mikel changed that.

"I spoke to him before coming here" Odegaard told Arsenal.com. "That was very important for me and he seems like a top manager and I liked his ideas, the way he sees football and also the way he is. He gave me a great feeling and that was important for me to come here. He was crucial."
https://www.arsenal.com/news/odegaard-w ... y-decision

He seems to mesmerise everyone he speaks to.

We're lucky to have him.

Apparently Zidane had a similar conversation with him to try to persuade him to stay at Madrid. I guess Arteta was more persuasive.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:57 pm

As someone who has always adored attacking mids, I hope he becomes an iconic player here.

He's started well.

As I knew he would. ;)
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:59 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext